Options

Pearl Jam is kind of a supergroup

Alive_268Alive_268 Posts: 213
edited April 2008 in The Porch
think about it, Ed was in Bad Radio, qich was some popular, Stone and Jeff were in Green River and Mother Love Bone, and Mick was in a band calles Sco`pion, something like that.
Of course, they all hit the mainstream while on PJ with Ten, but were known musicians
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    First off, who is Mick? Second off, you don't even know MIKE'S former bands name (Shadow). Third off Ed was not very well known (even Stone and Jeff didn't know him). Fourth off MIKE was not known. Fifth off, are you serious about this or are you just goofing around. Sixth off, no they are not a supergroup, in the way you mean supergroup, even though they are a SUPER SUPER group.
  • Options
    yeah, who can forget all those great hits from Bad Radio!
  • Options
    Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    MrSmith wrote:

WHAT THE FUNK IS UP WHAT THE FUNK IS UP

BAD RADIO REUNION TOUR 2008 PLZZZZZZZZ
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    think about it, Ed was in Bad Radio, qich was some popular, Stone and Jeff were in Green River and Mother Love Bone, and Mick was in a band calles Sco`pion, something like that.
    Of course, they all hit the mainstream while on PJ with Ten, but were known musicians
    A Super Group would be:
    Ed on lead vocals, John Fruciante on Lead Guitar, Josh Homme on second guitar/vocals, Flea on Bass guitar and Dave Grohl on Drums.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:

lol
  • Options
    Alive_268Alive_268 Posts: 213
    PJAMEDVED wrote:
    you don't even know MIKE'S former bands name (Shadow). are you serious about this or are you just goofing around.

Yeah i thought it was shadow, i think scorpion was the band he mencioned on immagine in cornice.
    relax, i'm just goofing ;)
  • Options
    supergroup no velvert revolver foofighters are supergroups
  • Options
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    Yeah i thought it was shadow, i think scorpion was the band he mencioned on immagine in cornice.
    relax, i'm just goofing ;)

I just meant it can't be a supergroup if people don't know of these former bands. Because pretty much every single band has members that were in something before.
  • Options
    No WayNo Way Posts: 39
    The presence of Matt is the only possible way PJ could be considered a supergroup, and you forgot to mention him!
    I just need someone to be there for . . . me
    I just want someone to be there for . . .
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,642
    Pjfanalive wrote:

Who the frick is Mick?
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    Mick was in a band calles Sco`pion, something like that.

mick jagger is in the rolling stones.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    Don't forget Jeff with his famous band Derranged Diction and his short time in Mr. Epp and The Calculations!
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • Options
    Pjfanalive wrote:

The funniest thing here is the only musican that you didnt mention was the only one that would make it a supergroup, is matt cameron from soundgarden.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    supergroup no velvert revolver foofighters are supergroups

the foo fighters are not, 1 guy was a popular drummer.
    yes velvet revolver, audioslave

no more shows
  • Options
    I honestly thought mick jagger joined pearl jam after his short stint in the scorpions, I mean any of this could have been gathered from the original post. Mick jagger has been known to lip kiss men singers so you never know.

hehehehe

no more shows
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    travellin' willburys are definitely the ultimate supergroup, although they only made two albums. no other supergroup in history has even close to the amount of talent present there. bob dylan, tom petty, george harrison, roy orbison, and jeff lynne.

pearl jam is not a supergroup.
  • Options
    this place has turned into a shithole
    the Minions
  • Options

funny

no more shows
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Mick rocks!!!!!!
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    MahoneMahone Posts: 62
    the foo fighters are not, 1 guy was a popular drummer.
    yes velvet revolver, audioslave

while they weren't a well known band outside the 120 Minutes audience, William Goldsmith and Nate Mendel were in Sunny Day Real Estate, and Pat Smear was in Nirvana from 1993 to 1994, and was in what some would call a "legendary" punk band called The Germs. Current guitarist Chris Schiflett was in No Use for a Name (popular among the Warped Tour crowds) and Taylor Hawkins was previously known as Alanis Morrisettes' drummer. Depending on where you stand, they could be seen as a supergroup, of sorts.
    4.6.94 Springfield 4.12.94 Boston III (Orpheum) 10.2.96 Hartford 9.16.98 Mansfield II 8.29.00 Mansfield I 7.11.03 Mansfield III 9.29.04 Boston II 5.24.06 Boston I 6.30.08 Mansfield II
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Pjfanalive wrote:

love how you mention all of those bands and dismiss the fact that matt cameron was from soundgarden.....you fail at life.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327

^_^
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Cosmo wrote:
    A Super Group would be:
    Ed on lead vocals, John Fruciante on Lead Guitar, Josh Homme on second guitar/vocals, Flea on Bass guitar and Dave Grohl on Drums.

i would pay to see that
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!