Options

Really A Cubs Fan?

pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Is Ed really a Cubs fan or just a poser? On SNLin 92' and early on he wore a White Sox hat all the time. Meaningless I know, but just wondering.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KosmicJelliKosmicJelli Posts: 1,855
    pkh43 wrote:
    Is Ed really a Cubs fan or just a poser? On SNLin 92' and early on he wore a White Sox hat all the time. Meaningless I know, but just wondering.

I am a die hard Cubbies fan.....

ONE DOES NOT EVEN TOUCH or LOOK AT WHITE SOX MERCHANDISE if u are a true FAN!!!! Northsiders vs Southsiders and that is just the way it is!!!! Grrrrrrrr..... :P
  • Options
    MahoneMahone Posts: 62
    pkh43 wrote:
    remember the bar fight he got into alongside Jack McDowall? maybe it wasn't with him but it had something to do with Eddie.
    4.6.94 Springfield 4.12.94 Boston III (Orpheum) 10.2.96 Hartford 9.16.98 Mansfield II 8.29.00 Mansfield I 7.11.03 Mansfield III 9.29.04 Boston II 5.24.06 Boston I 6.30.08 Mansfield II
  • Options
    pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    I am from New York and ever since I was 5 I have been a Bears/Cubs fan. I hate the Sox, both red and white. I can't understand why he always throws the first pitch later in his career for the Cubs, but in the beginning wears a stinking Sox hat? It has always left me questioning where his loyalties lie. Like this question will keep me up at night, silly I know.
  • Options
    MahoneMahone Posts: 62
    pkh43 wrote:
    I am from New York and ever since I was 5 I have been a Bears/Cubs fan. I hate the Sox, both red and white. I can't understand why he always throws the first pitch later in his career for the Cubs, but in the beginning wears a stinking Sox hat? It has always left me questioning where his loyalties lie. Like this question will keep me up at night, silly I know.

If you've heard the complete unplugged set, he says that Jack McDowell gave him the hat.
    4.6.94 Springfield 4.12.94 Boston III (Orpheum) 10.2.96 Hartford 9.16.98 Mansfield II 8.29.00 Mansfield I 7.11.03 Mansfield III 9.29.04 Boston II 5.24.06 Boston I 6.30.08 Mansfield II
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    He's bi.. give him a break. :p

I'm a Sox fan and to be honest I enjoy giving Cubs fans shit, but thats the fun of it. It's like picking on your little brother. Some people take this shit too seriously.

Although claiming you are a diehard Cubs fan and then going on national television wearing a Sox hat is a different story. At one point at the end of the song he holds the hat up and endorses it. :p
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    Mahone wrote:
    If you've heard the complete unplugged set, he says that Jack McDowell gave him the hat.

Exactly... If you had a friend that played for a certain team you would support them... I am a die-hard Red Wings fan and hate the Avalanche but if one of my friends played for Colorado I would have to like them. He really had no choice.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    Back in 1992, Dr. Dre wore a White Sox hat all the time too. :) Good times...
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    pkh43 wrote:

You would be suprised how many people like both teams outside of chicago. It is possible for someone to not make it their life.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    FWIW, I listen to >75% of all cub games on the radio, not a huge fan but that's all we got in the midwest.

Anyway, either last summer or 2 summers ago (B4 Vic?), EV was at a Cubs game to sing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game". If you are aware of who Ron Santo is, an infamous former cub player now radiobroadcaster, was going on and on and on about how much he respected EV, and how he comes to camps in the spring, and how he is a huge fan.

And if you listen to the Vic boots, after he sings the "Go All The Way" song about the cubs, he says "Now here is a song about the sox....f$&k 'em"...

Ron is old enough that he probably doesn't give two shits about Pearl Jam.

I would think that if someone that close to the Cubbies says publically that EV is a die-hard Cubs fan, it's more than likely true.

Remember, I am talking "present tense", not 10 year ago ;)

Also, since I know soooooo many of you are Foo Fighters fans ;), whenever they play near Chi, Dave Grohl always tells the story about his first concert at the Cubbie Bear.
    RC:SD 06241998//ET:WI 06271998//MP:MN 06301998//AH:MI 10072000//ET:WI 10082000 (ICEBOWL)//CB:IA 06132003//SL:MO 10052004//CHI:IL 05162006//SP:MN 06262006//SP:MN 06272006//CHI:IL 08212008
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,536
    If you have ever seen Ed wearing a helmet with the number "29" on it, that is Jack McDowells number.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    HotterHotter Posts: 51
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I am a die-hard Red Wings fan and hate the Avalanche but if one of my friends played for Colorado I would have to like them

What!!! No you don't....you tell your friend to practice and get a hell of a lot better and then maybe, just maybe he can come and play for the Wings ;)

Avalanche...hhrrmmmp!!!!

Go Red Wings...
    PJ....'nuff said
    ============
    Katowice '07
    Wembley '07
    Copenhagen '07
    MSG I '08
    MSG II '08
    Berlin ´09