Options

Columbia, Sc 08

?ing my education?ing my education Posts: 313
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I posted this review in the "Fanview" but I truly feel it deserves a spot here as well. This was an unbelievable show and you know what it tells me.......is that the shows are only gonna get better! You fans up North, GET READY!!!! They are coming to kick the doors down.

Can't Keep, Why Go, All Night, Hail Hail, Sad, Severed Hand, Red Mosquito, I Am Mine, Even Flow, Off He Goes, Small Town, Present Tense, Whipping, I Got Shit, Army Reserve, Glorified G, Do The Evolution

Encore 1: Inside Job, Given To Fly, Education, W.M.A., Better Man, Save You, Porch

Encore 2: No More, Footsteps, Alive

Encore 3: Indifference

Let me just start off by saying that if you haven't seen this band yet on this tour and you are about to, get ready. The guys are on fkn fire, kicking ass and taking names right now. I have never seen them like this before. This was my 8th show and was by FAR the BEST show. Possibly the best show I have ever seen by any band.

The band was completey and totally into the show. I was afraid that coming off of 'Roo, that the Columbia show would get the shaft…..was I wrong! The crowd was into from the minute the band hit the stage until the end. Mike was going crazy all over the left side of the stage, Jeff bouncing all around, Ed was in rare form and never seen him like that before, and Stone was…..well, Stone! And Matt just pounded away all night long!

Had pretty good seats from the 10C. I didn't make it on the floor but was on the side 6 rows up. Perfect view! Thanks 10C and thank you Pearl Jam.

OK, so my take on the show. Most of which has already been said so I will just back it up.

Kings of Leon rocked the house. I might be biased because they are one of my favorite bands. But they rocked it, plain and simple. And "Slow Night" was awesome with Ed on the tambourine. You could tell he was into and that the night was gonna be sweet.

Pearl Jam took the stage and the place went insane. They came out with a good solid Can't Keep. And then into a BLISTERING "Why Go". "All Night" was awesome to hear live too, which I heard them sound checking when I was picking up my tickets. Around this time, Ed made the comment of saying a formal "hello" and that they hadn't "played in this state in over 10 years and had some catching up to do." I thought the roof was gonna blow off the place! The crowd just roared.

"Sad" and "Severed Hand" both were very, very solid. "Red Mosquito", WHA?!?! I mean, really?? They fkn nailed this song. My face was gone at this point. The next four songs all kicked ass with the a great sing along in "Even Flow", "Off He Goes", and "Small Town". NOW…."Present Tense" was absolutely incredible. The band was so tight on this song and it sounded just unbelievable. I was standing there in complete and total awe. Here I am standing there in this state of awe, and then they have the nerve to go into "Whipping" and then into "I Got Shit"!!! I just lost it! Those three songs were the highlight of the night for me, personally. The next three songs were also kick ass, ending the set on "DTE", which the house was rocking. Literally! At sone point in between all of those songs, Ed rambled about them playing on the University of South Carolina's campus and how they were the "Gamecocks". And he went into this thing about who was the biggest "cock" and how he felt he fit right in, while holding his wine bottle at his crotch! It was THE funniest thing I have seen or heard at a PJ show! It was hilarious!!!

Encore 1 was just sick. SICK. I didn't think it would ever end. The selection of songs were fanstastic. "Given To Fly", "Education" and "WMA" were all absolutely phenomenal!!! A wonderful surprise to hear "Education" which is a personal favorite. The "new" sound of "WMA" was ridiculous! So good it hurt! Ending the first Encore with three GREAT sing a long songs which is exactly what happened. Now during "Betterman", the crowd got to sing the normal portion BUT Ed teased us a bit with the "Oooo oooo oooooh" part….you know what I am talking about. Right when he is about to sing that part and the crowd is too, he gives a pump fake and throughs the crowd off! And he did it like 3-4 times. The crowd was roaring! It was so loud! It was so awesome!

Encore two was great, with Ed talking about the war, etc before "No More". "Footsteps" was a great surprise too, sounded beautiful! Ed got a towel from someone from the crowd that had written "Footsteps" on it and he drapped it over the monitor in front of him. "Alive" and "Indifference" were both excellent!

Well, there is my take on a FANTASTIC show. I didn't go to the shows in FL but last night showed the band that the South has LOVE for Pearl Jam. So you people up North, get ready, because I am sure they are gonna blow the doors off the places up there! You guys are gonna love it! I hope you get some of the best shows you have ever seen by them……I know I did!!!!

THANK YOU PEARL JAM!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a link to my pics I took. I hope the link works. Also, some of the photos are blurry. Hey, what can I say, I didn't have the steadiest hand while rocking out!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...id=0&ownerid=0
Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments