Options

recording new album?

Alive_268Alive_268 Posts: 213
edited April 2008 in The Porch
do you think that the rumors that the band is going to record a new album in april after the ed tour are true? i hope they are!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    source?

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    Alive_268Alive_268 Posts: 213
    4Powers20 wrote:
    source?
    some people heard it on radio, some on wikipedia, and it was reported that the band began to throw out some ideas
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    We can only hope....
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Probably not out of the question, and it would make sense given they toured in 05/06 then album in 06
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    an album right before christmas would not be out of the question.
  • Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 231
    Who will produce the album? Rumours are spread Brendan O'Brien might be the producer of Pearl Jam's next album. According to The Living End's website: "The Living End will then be stepping in to mix the record with legendary producer Brendan O'Brien, who will be mixing the album in between his commitments recording the new AC/DC album and the new Pearl Jam record."

Quotes, info & rumors:

Apr. 05.2007 (Billboard): Mike McCready has revealed that after the last tour ended, band members have been demoing material on their own while staying in occasional contact via email and that he has tested out some ideas with guitarist Stone Gossard and drummer Matt Cameron in separate sessions as well. Talking about future Pearl Jam projects, McCready has said that Pearl Jam has "no set date" for returning to the studio and added: "When we get it all together, we'll decide to do a record. That may be a year from now or half-a-year from now".

Oct. 2007: Insisting, unconfirmed and unofficial rumors report that Pearl Jam will be back in studio in spring 2008 to work on a new album.

Feb. 03.2008: Jeff Ament appeared at a Seattle Sonics basketball game. Interviewed by announcer Kevin Calabro, Ament revealed that Pearl Jam are "gonna get together here in a couple of weeks and try and write some stuff" for the Seattle band's ninth studio album.

Feb. 15.2008: Billboard has confirmed that before Vedder hits the road with his US solo tour in April, Pearl Jam is expected to regroup and start sketching out material for its next studio album.

Mar. 11.2008: Rolling Stone reports that Ed Vedder has spent the winter surfing in Oahu, writing and hanging with his wife and three-year-old daughter. “It's a good place to be in a screwed-up world,” Vedder said. “The water is where I get most of my thinking done, and the writing just starts happening.”

Mar. 21.2008: Billboard has confirmed that a couple weeks ago, band members got together for eight days to begin kicking around ideas for the next Pearl Jam album, although Ament cautions, "It doesn't mean there'll be a record our next month, but it's the start of the process. Sometimes it takes six months and sometimes it takes two years." He also added, "It's just fun to play. We've actually gotten really good at jamming with each other, so it's fun to get together and crank up the amps. We'll have (drummer) Matt (Cameron) throw a beat at us and try to come up with something. There's some new, different kind of things coming out of people." Stone Gossard also commented: "We're just getting into it, which is so exciting. We have no idea where it's going but we have a lot of great little starts."

http://www.pearljamonline.it/curiosit%E0/newalbumeng.htm
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    That's a pretty impressive collection of evidence Joostone!

I wonder if PJ will release the next record with no advance build-up or reviews like the Raconteurs just did. It helps prevent the material from leaking out before it's officially released.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    I wouldn't be surprised if a new album popped up by the end of the year. That'd rock.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    yespleaseDOITDOIT!!!
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    I hope they do it where they recorded No Code because I'll be in there with my band sometime in the next couple of months.
  • Options
    Bonesmagoo wrote:
    I hope they do it where they recorded No Code because I'll be in there with my band sometime in the next couple of months.
    studio litho right????
    and yes i think they will
    who is your band
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    oooohhhhh this gets the blood flowin!!!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    zacman13245zacman13245 Posts: 294
    that would be so awesome! i heard the rumor too, but i dont remember when, or from what.
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • Options
    What about "Rock around Barack?"

When was that recorded? The whole band played on that tune except for Eddie Vedder. That means to me they've already started recording some tunes.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    my guess is that it will be out next spring. this year seems a little rushed to me if they havent been working on it already.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    What about "Rock around Barack?"

When was that recorded? The whole band played on that tune except for Eddie Vedder. That means to me they've already started recording some tunes.
    that song was never recorded, never released, never existed.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    Joostone wrote:
    Who will produce the album? Rumours are spread Brendan O'Brien might be the producer of Pearl Jam's next album. According to The Living End's website: "The Living End will then be stepping in to mix the record with legendary producer Brendan O'Brien, who will be mixing the album in between his commitments recording the new AC/DC album and the new Pearl Jam record."

Quotes, info & rumors:

Apr. 05.2007 (Billboard): Mike McCready has revealed that after the last tour ended, band members have been demoing material on their own while staying in occasional contact via email and that he has tested out some ideas with guitarist Stone Gossard and drummer Matt Cameron in separate sessions as well. Talking about future Pearl Jam projects, McCready has said that Pearl Jam has "no set date" for returning to the studio and added: "When we get it all together, we'll decide to do a record. That may be a year from now or half-a-year from now".

Oct. 2007: Insisting, unconfirmed and unofficial rumors report that Pearl Jam will be back in studio in spring 2008 to work on a new album.

Feb. 03.2008: Jeff Ament appeared at a Seattle Sonics basketball game. Interviewed by announcer Kevin Calabro, Ament revealed that Pearl Jam are "gonna get together here in a couple of weeks and try and write some stuff" for the Seattle band's ninth studio album.

Feb. 15.2008: Billboard has confirmed that before Vedder hits the road with his US solo tour in April, Pearl Jam is expected to regroup and start sketching out material for its next studio album.

Mar. 11.2008: Rolling Stone reports that Ed Vedder has spent the winter surfing in Oahu, writing and hanging with his wife and three-year-old daughter. “It's a good place to be in a screwed-up world,” Vedder said. “The water is where I get most of my thinking done, and the writing just starts happening.”

Mar. 21.2008: Billboard has confirmed that a couple weeks ago, band members got together for eight days to begin kicking around ideas for the next Pearl Jam album, although Ament cautions, "It doesn't mean there'll be a record our next month, but it's the start of the process. Sometimes it takes six months and sometimes it takes two years." He also added, "It's just fun to play. We've actually gotten really good at jamming with each other, so it's fun to get together and crank up the amps. We'll have (drummer) Matt (Cameron) throw a beat at us and try to come up with something. There's some new, different kind of things coming out of people." Stone Gossard also commented: "We're just getting into it, which is so exciting. We have no idea where it's going but we have a lot of great little starts."

Thanks for sharing Joost!

You old guitar is sitting in my lap as I write this! hehe
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    the sooner the better but pj music is an art it can take years and we all know that. what way will the album go in terms of sound; not a clue
  • Options
    Pearl Jam is all about change so maybe the band will release an album under the radar for election season.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    i think that at this point, probably even THEY don't know when they're going to release another album.

even if they think they might this year, It was my understanding from interviews that they took much longer than planned on Avocado.

I think they'll see how it flows once they start...they're in no hurry (yes of course WE are! :)).

hopefully, Ed's quick turnaround with ITW is a good sign for a fast production, but who knows...
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Joostone wrote:

Quotes, info & rumors:

Well Done. Very impressive
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    one of those sources refers to eddie's "wife"...are he and jill married now?
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    some people heard it on radio, some on wikipedia, and it was reported that the band began to throw out some ideas

"Wikipedia is the greatest website ever."- Michael Scott (From Dunder Miflin)
    "Music is the glue that holds everything together. Without it, everything would fall apart." --Eddie (From the movie EMPIRE RECORDS)