Options

MTV Unplugged

Alive_268Alive_268 Posts: 213
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Once i said that the 1992 appareance wasn't that good, and I WAS WRONG! I saw the entire concert and i was like, WOW. It actually is a really good show, and would be really cool if a boot or DVD was released for it
But i REALLY doubt they will:

In an interview, Vedder stated (about Not For you):

These attitudes out there...that it's the industry's music... And it's not. It's mine. And it's yours. Whoever's listening to it. It's mine and it's yours. And everybody in between, they're the distributors. I think that something like a MUSIC CHANNEL can be very powerful. Sometimes they think they're the ones who decide what's heard. I think that's a dangerous situation. And, I think, what's more dangerous is that they think it belongs to them. That's probably what "Not for You" is about.

Having read this made be remember that PJ are against (kind of) music videos, (don't know why they made vidoes for Life Wasted and Guaranteed), and the most popular music channel is MTV, and i doubt that they'll ever release a concert taped with it.
Hopefully i'm wrong...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Maybe Verizon could persuade them...
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I don't think that's the reason. I think it's MTV's fault for not releasing it, not Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam knew it would be taped, and probably knew that there was the possibility it would be released. They wouldn't have done it without knowing that, and I'm sure MTV now owns the rights to it.

awesome show though.