Options

20 Most Embarrassing Albums To Own - Ten

2»

Comments

• Options
    I was pissed until I saw Appetite for Destruction on there. That album is a rock classic and so is Ten.

This writer thinks hes way funnier then he actually is. He should write for Saturday Night Live.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I was pissed until I saw Appetite for Destruction on there. That album is a rock classic and so is Ten.

This writer thinks hes way funnier then he actually is. He should write for Saturday Night Live.
    ha
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    dunkman wrote:
    i think the cover is embarrassing.

Ha, yeah I've always wondered what they were thinking with that cover.
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    I think he's right about Garth Brooks, though. Here's my embarrassing admission -- I actually did buy a Garth Brooks album once. I don't know what I was thinking. I think there may have been one song of his that sounded like a cross-over to me, and I liked it. I don't remember which album, and I only played it once -- probably not even the entire way through. I am so ashamed.

God, I hope there aren't any Garth Brooks fans reading this.
  • Options
    ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    Who is this Damien Careless think he is..?
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    opinions are like assholes everyone has one but you have to wipe to keep it clean and this ass didn't or it might be true that the irish get drunk for breakfast j/k you irish fighters out there ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    I was reading the Irish Independent earlier and Ten was on its list of 20 most embarassing albums to own,it was number 12 in a list which included Westlife and Garth Brooks. They said ,'They called it Grunge but it was actually sludge.' What a pile of poo. http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/go-on-confess--yoursquove-got-a-criminal-record-1357681.html

This paper seems to have something against Pearl Jam,they once wrote the most misinformed article I've ever read about how Pearl Jam were jumping on the politics bandwagon with Worldwide Suicide to revive their career. http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/features/rockin-in-the-free-world-its-all-about-timing-96220.html

i dont like ten, but it is one of the greates rock albums ever, its right there with zep 1, vh 1,
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    catwoman wrote:
    I think he's right about Garth Brooks, though. Here's my embarrassing admission -- I actually did buy a Garth Brooks album once. I don't know what I was thinking. I think there may have been one song of his that sounded like a cross-over to me, and I liked it. I don't remember which album, and I only played it once -- probably not even the entire way through. I am so ashamed.

God, I hope there aren't any Garth Brooks fans reading this.

I'm not a country fan, but Garth Brooks is probably one of the more artistic - prob the only one in his era. Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, etc were all geniuses in my opinion. Today, country music is too cheesy (for lack of a better word). All the songs are the same and all singers sound the same.

I'm not a Garth Brooks fan by any means, but do appreciate his talents. I think if he would have chosen to do any other genre he could have succeeded in a different way. Maybe not as popular but more respected.
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    Well since really no one has actually admitted to what embarrasing albums they own (maybe they have, havent read past page 1 hehe), the most embarrasing album I own is:

The Dawson's Creek soundtrack...

Shame on me
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    tdub wrote:
    I'm not a country fan, but Garth Brooks is probably one of the more artistic - prob the only one in his era. Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, etc were all geniuses in my opinion. Today, country music is too cheesy (for lack of a better word). All the songs are the same and all singers sound the same.

I'm not a Garth Brooks fan by any means, but do appreciate his talents. I think if he would have chosen to do any other genre he could have succeeded in a different way. Maybe not as popular but more respected.

That makes me feel better about having bought a Garth Brooks album! I guess I was reacting to the rock elements in one of his songs. By the way, I never thought of Johnny Cash early in his career as a country singer. In the days before FM radio (yes, I can remember those days!), his songs were played on the top 40 stations. I love PJ's cover of 25 Minutes to Go, and I love Johnny's cover of that Nine Inch Nails song.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I agree with you and your signature.

I'm damn proud that I own Ten.

i think he was being sarcastic. lol

this reminds me of when maxim magazine included Vitalogy in it's list of the 30 worst albums ever. But then a year or 2 later, I read a review for Riot Act(I think) and they said it was the best thing they'd done since Vitalogy. lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    This guy must have his head up his ass.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    What a douche. Some of those albums listed are great. Ten and Appetite are two of the best albums ever. Jagged Little Pill is still a really good album. Not in my top ten, but it does still get played on my iPod. The same for Coldplay. As was mentioned earlier. I am not a big Garth Brooks fan, but isn't he still the biggest country star ever? And I know I am not the only one on this board that probably still could sing along to every song on Slippery When Wet. If your over 25 don't deny it. And no that one isn't one my iPod. ;)
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    What a douche. Some of those albums listed are great. Ten and Appetite are two of the best albums ever. Jagged Little Pill is still a really good album. Not in my top ten, but it does still get played on my iPod. The same for Coldplay. As was mentioned earlier. I am not a big Garth Brooks fan, but isn't he still the biggest country star ever? And I know I am not the only one on this board that probably still could sing along to every song on Slippery When Wet. If your over 25 don't deny it. And no that one isn't one my iPod. ;)
    I agree with the Bon Jovi album, too. There are a lot on that list. He obviously didn't do ANY research. I surpised I didn't see Nirvana on there. If he did that he probably would be getting death threats.

• Options
    GangstacroGangstacro Posts: 104
    Wow. Isn't GNR's Appetite for Destruction generally considered one of the most revolutionary rock records of all time, and perhaps the best album of the 80's?

And Ten is right up there with Nevermind as being the early 90's/grunge equivalent of Sgt Pepper's?

This article is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Gangstacro wrote:
    Wow. Isn't GNR's Appetite for Destruction generally considered one of the most revolutionary rock records of all time, and perhaps the best album of the 80's?

And Ten is right up there with Nevermind as being the early 90's/grunge equivalent of Sgt Pepper's?

This article is ridiculous.

Here's a mental image for a description of the "writer"....

Crack smokin' douchebag.

• Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    interesting interpretation...obviously has a different outlook...
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    zacman13245zacman13245 Posts: 294
    Thats rediculous, its hard to not get mad seeing it. lol, but clearly, skewed points of view.
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • Options
    zeroenvyzeroenvy Posts: 40
    My favorite act is a huge joke to the rest of the world... So i know how it feels when someone writes a bullshit article.
    6/27/08!