Options

So this life is sacrifice

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited September 2008 in The Porch
What does this lyric mean? Whats ed trying to convey? As with just about every song on avocado its a song about how modern society has effected people, and how people cope. But what specifically does the line above mean?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    Good Question....but to answer, I would just be guessing.
    It would make a good discussion. Hopefully, someone much wiser than myself will respond.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    i mean, its up to you to decide what a lyric means to you, but this is pretty straightforward.

this life is sacrifice to a stranger's bottom line. (or jumping trains jsut to survive)

you give most of your life to your job.....while someone else reaps the reward.

i thought it was pretty obvious.
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    i mean, its up to you to decide what a lyric means to you, but this is pretty straightforward.

this life is sacrifice to a stranger's bottom line. (or jumping trains jsut to survive)

Well......arent you a fart smeller.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    The way I read this is within this context: the older you get, the less your time becomes your own. You have a job, a family and all kind of other outside commitments that occupy the great majority of your life and time. You make these sacrifices because it is just part of life and for love of your family. However, with most people you do get some space and time for yourself. Yet within the context of the unemployable guy's life, this line is especially tragic. It refers to the fact that all this man does is fight to make a life for his family and he is rewarded for his many sacrifices with pink slips and sleepless nights.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    ovechkin8 wrote:

yeah, not really much room for alternate interpretations....working for the Man...A dream that had to die, pretty much how most lives pan out for the working class....
    God Loves Pearl Jam