EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    Satan's the winner!
  • Options
    lilreds9121lilreds9121 Posts: 128
    since satans bed is my favorite song i vote for that one.
    "Somebody throw up a gun so I can shoot you all......Fuckers". Eddie
  • Options
    god's dice!!
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    that is a great toss up....
    still undecided...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    god's dice wins due to awesome drumming
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Satan's Bed and not even close........
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    God's Dice.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Hmmm...

shoulda made it a poll!

Satan's Bed imo, although I love Gods' Dice
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I gotta go with God's Dice.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    SpeakersSpeakers Posts: 252
    i wish ed played the whip during their live versions of satans bed, it would add a lot.
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Satan is million times better then God :D
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    Santa's Bed... =)
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    For me, I like both songs, but it's gotta be Satans Bed baby!!!

If I can share a story for a moment, Pearl Jam Australian Tour, Adelaide, Night 2...

Coming up to the Australian leg of this world tour (2006), I had noticed it was played a few times during the US and Europe legs. I had never heard this song played live, but I fucken wanted to hehe

Having my tickets for the Oz shows, I decided to swing the odds in my favour, so I sought to create a sign, requesting this awesome song.

My best chance was Adelaide 2, as my 10C tickets wouldnt guarantee me front row. My Adelaide 2 ticket was bought through the public sale, and I scored fromt row in between Mike and Ed.

My mission:

Went to the local hardware and newsagent. Bought black and red thick marking pens, a ruler, scissors and a drop sheet. Went back to the hotel and cut up a spare pillow case.

After a few sketches, i was ready to fill in the sheet. A masterpiece if you ask me...

The Show:

I waitied until the encores, I didnt want to go to early, just in case Ed forgot that he had seen it (drinking problem ;)).

I managed to show it at the end of Crazy Mary, towards the end of Encore 1. Ed saw it while standing to the side of the stage. His head went back with a chuckle and smiled. Mike saw it at the end of his solo, and looked at me as if to say "what, you think I make any decisions??" and when Jeff saw it, he smiled, leant back into his Jeff stance, and played 1 line of the chorus!! We were going nuts!!

During the break between encore 1 and 2, the roadie came out, scribbled out a song on the setlists on the stage, and wrote a different song in...

When the guys came out, Ed said "gonna take care of a couple of requests, this one is from last night" and proceeded to play I Believe in Miracles.

When that finished, my heart was racing, everyone around was cheering in anticipation. Then it started...

Matt on the drums, Ed looks right at me, pionts at me and says:

'AND REQUEST NUMBER 2 (he yelled it)'

At which point we lost our motha-fuckin minds!!!

Just had to share this experience, was truly amazing.

Here is the link to the sign, basic, yet effective hehe

http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo0013hh8.jpg
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Satan's Bed
  • Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    ozpjman wrote:

If I can share a story for a moment, Pearl Jam Australian Tour, Adelaide, Night 2...

Coming up to the Australian leg of this world tour (2006), I had noticed it was played a few times during the US and Europe legs. I had never heard this song played live, but I fucken wanted to hehe

Having my tickets for the Oz shows, I decided to swing the odds in my favour, so I sought to create a sign, requesting this awesome song.

My best chance was Adelaide 2, as my 10C tickets wouldnt guarantee me front row. My Adelaide 2 ticket was bought through the public sale, and I scored fromt row in between Mike and Ed.

My mission:

Went to the local hardware and newsagent. Bought black and red thick marking pens, a ruler, scissors and a drop sheet. Went back to the hotel and cut up a spare pillow case.

After a few sketches, i was ready to fill in the sheet. A masterpiece if you ask me...

The Show:

I waitied until the encores, I didnt want to go to early, just in case Ed forgot that he had seen it (drinking problem ;)).

I managed to show it at the end of Crazy Mary, towards the end of Encore 1. Ed saw it while standing to the side of the stage. His head went back with a chuckle and smiled. Mike saw it at the end of his solo, and looked at me as if to say "what, you think I make any decisions??" and when Jeff saw it, he smiled, leant back into his Jeff stance, and played 1 line of the chorus!! We were going nuts!!

During the break between encore 1 and 2, the roadie came out, scribbled out a song on the setlists on the stage, and wrote a different song in...

When the guys came out, Ed said "gonna take care of a couple of requests, this one is from last night" and proceeded to play I Believe in Miracles.

When that finished, my heart was racing, everyone around was cheering in anticipation. Then it started...

Nice story, thanks! And yes, Satan's Bed is great!
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,094
    That's a great story - and Satan's Bed wins by a mile!
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,982
    Im a Catholic school teacher here in Australia. Teach year 1 and 2 (6-8yr olds) so my vote goes for Satans Bed!

Gods dics is still a fucking good song. Satans is rockn though. Love em both.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    ozpjman wrote:

My mission:

The Show:

Yeah, Satan's Bed rocks! That's a brilliant story, I am very jealous...
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    Hmmm...

shoulda made it a poll!

Satan's Bed imo, although I love Gods' Dice

Agree with you buddy, love em both but Satans Bed wins.

"Model, role model, roll some models in blood, Get some flesh to stick, so they look like us"
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    At least the band still remembers how to play and sing God's Dice. Can't say the same for the other one. ;)

Any time that more Binaural can make it into the setlist, it's a good night.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I think the real battle should be Satan's Bed VS. Tremor Christ
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 233
    I think the real battle should be Satan's Bed VS. Tremor Christ

Tremor Christ, but both should be brought back into regular rotation.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    prljmngrlprljmngrl Posts: 320
    I don't like either song.
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    The BED all day everyday
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    gods' dice...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Satan's Bed is an overall better song, but the drumming on God's Dice is much better; Satan's Bed can't touch it. Both are great though.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Satan's Bed!