Options

someone stole silverseeds ticket for tonite!!

i am a targeti am a target Posts: 803
edited April 2008 in The Porch
i sold a single ticket to silverseed a while back (yes. for face value.) and some asshole stole the ticket and i'm hoping there's a generous soul out there with an extra (free? or cheap?). apparently his roommate had a party and someone stole it from his room with some other things. it's not even my ticket and i'm furious over this bullshit. i hate petty thieves and if it were me i'd be livid.

my attempts to help him have gone nowhere. i've spent at least an hour on the phone with ticketmaster speaking with three different sales people. (since it was a hard ticket ticketmaster will only let me cancel both the tickets and then pick them up again in person. with id. at the box office. this isn't that big of a deal...except i live in portland. and they won't email me the tickets either.)

so i'm just putting this out there because it's a rather fucked up situation and i've seen some people do some pretty nice things out there for people they don't know but share a common love.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    who the hell is silverseed ?

:confused:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    What does this have to do with "Pearl Jam"? Surely this should be in "Other Music".
  • Options
    ...a user on this board...
  • Options
    SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
    hobbes wrote:
    i sold a single ticket to silverseed a while back (yes. for face value.) and some asshole stole the ticket and i'm hoping there's a generous soul out there with an extra (free? or cheap?). apparently his roommate had a party and someone stole it from his room with some other things. it's not even my ticket and i'm furious over this bullshit. i hate petty thieves and if it were me i'd be livid.

my attempts to help him have gone nowhere. i've spent at least an hour on the phone with ticketmaster speaking with three different sales people. (since it was a hard ticket ticketmaster will only let me cancel both the tickets and then pick them up again in person. with id. at the box office. this isn't that big of a deal...except i live in portland. and they won't email me the tickets either.)

so i'm just putting this out there because it's a rather fucked up situation and i've seen some people do some pretty nice things out there for people they don't know but share a common love.

Thanks for your help man, this really sucks.

So yeah, if anyone wants to help a local get an SD ticket that'd be awesome.
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    get back up there.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    Let me get this straight. Yuo had two hard tickets (presumably next to each other), and you sold one to SilverSeed, and it was stolen?

All you have to do is show up and punch the guy.

What am I missing here?
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    Let me get this straight. Yuo had two hard tickets (presumably next to each other), and you sold one to SilverSeed, and it was stolen?

All you have to do is show up and punch the guy.

What am I missing here?

i am coming across so many funny comments today. this is great.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    i am coming across so many funny comments today. this is great.

well. i sold the other one too.
  • Options
    hobbes wrote:

Ok I'm a little lost here. Why can't you pick up the tickets at the box office?
    I see that you live in Portland. Are you not going to the show yourself? If you are then just go to the box office on the day of the show to get the tickets and give the replacement one to silverseed at that time.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Ok I'm a little lost here. Why can't you pick up the tickets at the box office?
    I see that you live in Portland. Are you not going to the show yourself? If you are then just go to the box office on the day of the show to get the tickets and give the replacement one to silverseed at that time.

It's kind of a really fucked up situation. Regardless we've tried every imaginable way. I just found some TM tickets, so I'm in. I will find whoever is in my seat, and they will have a rough night.

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    SilverSeed wrote:
    It's kind of a really fucked up situation. Regardless we've tried every imaginable way. I just found some TM tickets, so I'm in. I will find whoever is in my seat, and they will have a rough night.

Ok so thats a No Hobbes isn't going to be at the show himself then??
    I'm glad you found another ticket to the show. I'm curious if the person in your other seat is someone you know. I hope if it is they be come an EX-friend pretty quick cause if it were me that would be it for my friendship if somoene did that to me.
    Have fun at the show :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Ok so thats a No Hobbes isn't going to be at the show himself then??
    I'm glad you found another ticket to the show. I'm curious if the person in your other seat is someone you know. I hope if it is they be come an EX-friend pretty quick cause if it were me that would be it for my friendship if somoene did that to me.
    Have fun at the show :)

What happened is, my roommate had people over on Friday, while he wasn't there. Showed up, my ipod and ticket (among other things...) were gone. Needless to say I flipped the fuck out, but nothing has come of it. I don't know the people he had over, and they're some weird kids. Whichever little bastard is in my seat is getting a grung style whoopin.

• Options
    SilverSeed wrote:
    What happened is, my roommate had people over on Friday, while he wasn't there. Showed up, my ipod and ticket (among other things...) were gone. Needless to say I flipped the fuck out, but nothing has come of it. I don't know the people he had over, and they're some weird kids. Whichever little bastard is in my seat is getting a grung style whoopin.

Lynch him, lol, what seat was it?
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    SilverSeed wrote:

You need to fuck the little fucker up. I hope your new seat doesn't suck.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    SilverSeed wrote:

I got all that from Hobbes original post and that really sucks. My brother had a party when he was a teenager and someone stole our DVD player. Never did find out who it was. Pissed me off more cause I ahd bought it 3 weeks prior as a christmas gift for my mom...it was awesome...played both PAL and NTSC...also played all manner of DVD-r's....AND I got it onsale for $40 but they sold out so I couldn't get a replacement.

My question was if HOBBES was going to be going to the concert tonight. If he was then he coulda cancelled the tix and got you a replacement one at the box office...but I'm guessing he sold his tix to you and this other person because he ended up unable to make the trip...which also sux cause its gonna be one hell of a show. I know Ed considers San Diego to be kinda like a hometown show since he spent so many years there.
    Well at least you got a replacement ticket and the chance to kick someones ass. I'd wait till after the show to punch him out so that you don't get kicked out without having seen Ed first.
    Have fun!
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    need to know outcome!!!!
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    Wow just saw this still on the first page. To answer the question above a few spots, the seats I got today ARE actually better than my original. So there's a silver lining.

And yes, tomorrow I will post an update on the stolen seat.

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    SilverSeed wrote:
    Wow just saw this still on the first page. To answer the question above a few spots, the seats I got today ARE actually better than my original. So there's a silver lining.

And yes, tomorrow I will post an update on the stolen seat.

Cool!!!

Do you think some low life thief would be a PJ fan??
    :rolleyes:
    Don't Answer!! :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Be careful with that beating. Could be some dude bought the ticket from the asshole without knowing anythings wrong about the situation.
  • Options
    stealling tickets has to be the stupidest thing in the world.
    glad to see you got them.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Sucky....

Glad you found a better seat and enjoy the show!!!!
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i think the thing that would piss me off the most is that the roomate had people in the apartment when he wasnt even there. that is bullshit.
  • Options
    Silverseed is a liar!

Haha just kidding, I am glad you got your ticket brosef and hell its just another reason to move to the Bay Area.
    EV Bridgeschool - October 24, 2004
    San Francisco - July 15/16/18, 2006 Bridgeschool - October 21/22, 2006
    Lollapalooza - August 5,2007
    EV Berkley - April 7/8, 2008 The Who Rock Honors - July 12, 2008
    Outside Lands - August 28, 2009 Seattle - September 21/22, 2009 San Diego - October 9, 2009
  • Options
    boomhauerboomhauer Posts: 88
    Inquiring minds want to know what happened, did the thief get a broken nose?? is bail $$ needed?
    9/22-23/1998 8/9-10,12/2000 4/11-13/2003 10/8/2004 6/11-12,28,30/2008 8/12/2009 9/3-4/2011 10/11-12/2013

if [ "Eli was in the grasP in '08" = "true" ]; then
    Brady Fumbled in '01
    fi