Options

What to do all weekend in New England

habsfanhabsfan Posts: 2
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I am heading down from Canada to the see the show in Hartford Friday and the one in Mansfield on Monday. Any good ideas as to what to do / where to go for the weekend? Would have been nice to catch a sox game, but I think they're out of town. Might try to keep it cheap and stay out of Boston, but not sure yet. Thannnnnnnks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    There is a lot of stuff to do and see around here. There are a lot of ocean towns, Newburyport, Rockport. You can walk around Boston and see pretty much anything.

The Red Sox aren't playing, but they are having a fund raiser at the park on Saturday. You can see the field from a different view.
    http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/ccp.asp?ievent=253114&ccp=75785

Our local tribute band is playing in Worcester, which is cheaper than Boston for drinking and eating.
    PEARL JAM Tribute Act BACKSEAT LOVER!!! Along With Others
    1st-2nd-THE PEARL JAM tribute "BACKSEAT LOVER!!!!!!!!!" The Lucky Dog Music Hall, 89 Green St. Worcester, MA 01604. All Shows are 21 unless otherwise noted.

You could just get tickets to the show on the 28th. Still decent seats available.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    If you are in Boston I highly recommend the Sam Adams brewery tour.
  • Options
    i recommend going to the other show on Saturday night!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    Cow tipping.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    kh65 wrote:
    Cow tipping.
    seconded...
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,435
    If you're going to be in the Boston area and want to fit in with the locals, try heading to the nearest dentist and get 3/4 of your teeth pulled.

There's a city ordinance in Boston against having a full set of teeth.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    I would go into Boston. go into Haymarket. Go to the public gardens. Go to Newbury street and check out the records stores. Or you could hit the beaches. From what I am seeing the weather is going to be great. Of course all subject to change. There are also lots of AA baseball leagues around if you like baseball.
    Let's Go Red Sox!