Options

PJ should strike a deal with Ticketmaster

beezbeez Posts: 22
edited March 2008 in The Porch
It seems that so many people are getting shut out of getting 10C seats is because Ticketmaster limits the amount of tickets allocated to the fan club to a certain percent of the venue's capacity. (I believe it is anywhere from 10% - 20%, but I may be wrong). Maybe if PJ and other bands strike a deal with Ticketmaster and give them the surcharge the so badly want, everyone in the 10C would get tickets. Yeah, we would all pay a couple more bucks to shut Ticketmaster up, but in the end all 10 Clubbers would get the seats they deserve.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Ticketmaster has contracts with the venues themselves that are far more valuable than anything Pearl Jam (or really any band) could offer them....not gonna happen folks.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 232
    Good idea. It almost makes too much sense. Ticketmaster still makes the same profit and more fan club members are happy. I wonder if Ticketmaster's stub hub-like venture would prevent them from doing so in order to save some of the better seats for the general sale, which could then be placed in their legal scalping service.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    I woukld like to be able to use their servers for the pre-sale I know that.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    You know Ticketmaster is in cahoots with the stubhubs out there. They give them tickets to sell at high prices and then get a share of those profits.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    They also have their own auctions.....Folks, TM does not just make "sticker price" on these tickets....there are very lucrative contracts in place with each venue they represent.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    I understand there are contracts involved with the venues, but Ticketmaster just wants a cut of each ticket. If the 10C could sell let's say 8000 fanclub tickets to an MSG show, Ticketmaster just wants a cut of every ticket sold. It would be say $10 more for each 10C ticket, so that Ticketmaster gets their greedy cut.
  • Options
    beez wrote:
    I understand there are contracts involved with the venues, but Ticketmaster just wants a cut of each ticket. If the 10C could sell let's say 8000 fanclub tickets to an MSG show, Ticketmaster just wants a cut of every ticket sold. It would be say $10 more for each 10C ticket, so that Ticketmaster gets their greedy cut.

and that would violate the terms of their venue contract hence involving attorney fees and court costs.......trust me on this, it is zero advantage for Ticketmaster to mess with their venue contracts, particularly with tickets.com starting to get control of a few decent venues.
  • Options
    But if the 10C and ticketmaster charged the same price, why would if affect the venue? They would still be getting the same money.
  • Options
    beez wrote:
    But if the 10C and ticketmaster charged the same price, why would if affect the venue? They would still be getting the same money.

The venues pay top dollar to retain control of as many tickets as they can. TM makes money off of this and is legally binded to this contract.
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    It's only going to get worse. Ticketmaster president stated that they wanted in on the market of sclaping (ie stubhub) and would be going for it next year, once LiveNation takes about 15% of their buisness. Essentially Ticketmaster will hold back tickets and then sell them for more and more right up until showtime.
    With recent escelations in ticket prices and monopoly-like control over the veunues, it's only going to get worse for fans.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    It's only going to get worse. Ticketmaster president stated that they wanted in on the market of sclaping (ie stubhub) and would be going for it next year, once LiveNation takes about 15% of their buisness. Essentially Ticketmaster will hold back tickets and then sell them for more and more right up until showtime.
    With recent escelations in ticket prices and monopoly-like control over the veunues, it's only going to get worse for fans.

YEs, Live nation is run by Mr. Michael Cohl (who also handles the Rolling STones business affairs) He will raise prices, but will ultimately give fans more access through innovative packages that Ticketmaster just cannot offer. We should support him.
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    no deal with ticketwhore...let's just support the band, they've been good to us!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    pj23yankspj23yanks Posts: 262
    We tried that in Boston '04 it was a disaster! Hell No!!!
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    Fuck Ticketmaster
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    katewkatew Posts: 15
    beez wrote:
    It seems that so many people are getting shut out of getting 10C seats is because Ticketmaster limits the amount of tickets allocated to the fan club to a certain percent of the venue's capacity. (I believe it is anywhere from 10% - 20%, but I may be wrong). Maybe if PJ and other bands strike a deal with Ticketmaster and give them the surcharge the so badly want, everyone in the 10C would get tickets. Yeah, we would all pay a couple more bucks to shut Ticketmaster up, but in the end all 10 Clubbers would get the seats they deserve.
    i dont think they would after last time lol
  • Options
    katewkatew Posts: 15
    beez wrote:
    i dont think they would after last time lol