AAnyone have "Lullaby Renditions of Pearl Jam" CD?

parintachin73parintachin73 Posts: 731
edited January 2011 in Lost Dogs
My girlfriend and I have a lil' girl coming in a week or so and I really want to get a copy of this album. I've already got a bunch of the other discs in the series, DMB in particular since my girlfriend is a Dave fanatic, but I need the one for our boys. It's very important to me that our child be raised around music, for so many, many reasons.
Willing to trade, buy a copy outright, just don't want to pay Amazon for crappy sounding mp3s.
Anyone that can help out, much thanks...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    I don't have it on CD unfortunately just mp3 (sounds good on my ipod though) but I just wanted to say, my little girl loves it! I've been racking my brain to think of where I got it from. I was preggas at the time and we all know your memory goes to mush! :lol: She really likes the softer acoustic PJ songs too.
    I know I did get Lullaby Black Sabbath, Queens of the Stone Age, Black Sabbath and Tool off of Itunes. :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • I just bought "Babies Go Pearl Jam" for my buddy and his wife that just had a boy 3 weeks ago. I got them for pretty cheap ($5.28 + shipping) from the below seller.

http://www.amazon.com/shops/-importcds

Congrats on your soon to be little girl!
  • Found the CD available for $17 at RockAByeBabyMusic.com
    Here's the link: http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/ecom2/ ... l-jam.html

I didn't know about these CD's. Wish I had a beautiful baby to play it to.
    Best wishes to you, your girlfriend, and your new baby.
  • CD came out on rockabyemusic.com after my daughter was born. She is 3 now so when she was in the car with me we listened to the regular CDs. Now she sings along and it's pretty cool hearing her ask to hear "Why I Go Home" - turn down the stupid fuck part of course - and The Fixer. That CD sounds pretty cool though, I know some kindergarten teachers that are fans use it in their class during nap time - genius. peace and love peace and love
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Call me a bad parent . my 4 year old loves the real stuff . ;)

They might thank you when they grow up .
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    I will also proclaim myself a member of the bad parent club!
    It is only the real stuff in our house, and since live Pearl Jam is the preference, the kids hear all the swears. They just accept it for what it is, and know not to repeat.
    Personally, I can't stomach the elevator music renditions of anything. I would rather listen to classical music when the mood strikes me. When the kids were younger and needed lullabies, they got traditional lullaby music and Raffi. ;)
  • jokertt wrote:
    Call me a bad parent . my 4 year old loves the real stuff . ;)

They might thank you when they grow up .

+1

that's where i'd be...

also made a beatles comp of "animal songs" by the fab four from everything from octopus's garden to i am the walrus to all you need is love... i say go for the real songs, kid friendly ones of course... sorry, so omit blood off this comp...but there are so many pj originals that are just perfect... around the bend, thin air...fuck me in the brain (i jest i jest)
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • I prefer Lullaby Renditions of Pearl Jam to Babies go Pearl Jam, personally.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...