Options

Bonnaroo VIP? worth it?

DaveRDaveR Posts: 5
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I enjoyed bonnaroo, however PJ was 90% of the reason i went. as much as i liked it, i found walking to the bathrooms during the shows to be a major pain in the ass (minimum of 20 minute round trip) and much of the other walking around the campsite was excessive (30 minutes from RV to main area)

did any of you do the VIP? if so, how was the vip area? were there bathrooms and beerstands near by? good spt at the main stage? i would appreciate any feedback, if i go next year i am certainly going to look into the VIP package for camping and tickets. thanks for any input.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,206
    going VIP is worth it for the following reasons

-free showers
    lines, if there are any, aren't nearly as long. If you go at an off-peak time (you know, not 9am-Noon or so) you wouldn't have any problem.

-portable bathrooms
    a couple of the bathroom trailers were nicer looking than my bathroom at home

-free food
    they have catering from 11-3 and 5-9 every day. and the food is good.

-close to the venue
    no more than a 5 minute walk to Centeroo

-bleachers at Which stage/hill at What (main) stage
    these aren't close to the stage, though.

-apparently, instant access to the comedy tent
    we went to see Brian Posehn on Sunday and were initially told we needed a ticket to get in. But then he saw our wristband and said, "oh, i'm sorry, i didn't see the wristband- go right on in!"

-VIP beer lounges
    sadly not any cheaper, but they have a bit more selection in the VIP area.

-not as stringent security checks
    I snuck in a Heineken Keg Can. No one bothered to even look. (Though some people said it was more tight this year for VIP than in the past. You just have to find the right people who don't care as much.)
  • Options
    DO IT

the restroom facilities are Air Conditioned which is HUGE

private entrance to/from centeroo....5 minute walk at the most. and you dont get searched at all, so there is rarely a line.

private party on thursday night with open bar and private band

just makes the trip so much better......its well worth the price.

once you go VIP you never go back
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • Options
    went VIP this year....only way to go.

The location and easy access is worth it alone.

DO IT

the restroom facilities are Air Conditioned which is HUGE

private entrance to/from centeroo....5 minute walk at the most. and you dont get searched at all, so there is rarely a line.

private party on thursday night with open bar and private band

just makes the trip so much better......its well worth the price.

once you go VIP you never go back
    "Mike McCready, he isn't from Chicago but I imagine he's Irish"

- Eddie Vedder- 6/18/03

• Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    How much extra was the VIP there ?
  • Options
    DaveRDaveR Posts: 5
    thanks to all who responded, i am going to do VIP next year.
    one question though, are the bathrooms close at the main stage? what about the 2nd stage (cannot remember its name--the one MMJ played on).

also, are the bleachers for VIP? someone told me those were for artists and were not VIP. then again, i was lit and the person who told me appeared to be more lit than i was.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,206
    DaveR wrote:
    one question though, are the bathrooms close at the main stage? what about the 2nd stage (cannot remember its name--the one MMJ played on).

There are no VIP bathrooms in Centeroo- we had to use what everyone else had to use. So there is no added benefit there.

During the mainstage headliner performances, though, I actually walked back to the VIP camping section to use the bathrooms instead of waiting in line for the port-a-johns. It was much quicker that way.

also, are the bleachers for VIP? someone told me those were for artists and were not VIP. then again, i was lit and the person who told me appeared to be more lit than i was.

Yes, the bleachers are for VIP.
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    go vip. only way to do it. it cost about 3X what a regular ticket costs and is worth every cent.
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    DaveR wrote:
    (cannot remember its name--the one MMJ played on).

Which Stage.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    DaveR wrote:
    I enjoyed bonnaroo, however PJ was 90% of the reason i went. as much as i liked it, i found walking to the bathrooms during the shows to be a major pain in the ass (minimum of 20 minute round trip) and much of the other walking around the campsite was excessive (30 minutes from RV to main area)

did any of you do the VIP? if so, how was the vip area? were there bathrooms and beerstands near by? good spt at the main stage? i would appreciate any feedback, if i go next year i am certainly going to look into the VIP package for camping and tickets. thanks for any input.
    Why would you go next year if PJ was 90% of the reason for going?

VIP was worth it for two little princesses who don't camp. I'm referring to myself. It was way closer than 20 min round trip for pooing. Food was really good too. Biggest problem with VIP is you're so fucking close to everything that you have trouble sleeping when Kanye comes on at fo in the mo.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    This was the first year that we did Roo and we did regular camping and we had a blast. Yeah, we had about a 30 min walk to CenterRoo, but that's okay- we had a blast. VIP would had been nice, but then I wouldn't have been able to do any more shows.

We're already making a list of stuff that we need to bring next year, that we didn't bring this year. Hopefully we like the line-up next year or we'll pass.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    i'm glad i didnt waste money on the VIP. I hardly stayed in the campsite. the walk wasn't nearly as long as i had heard, and it wasnt a boring walk for sure. It would have been a shorter walk but my friend likes to shop and i like to eat. good stuff.

we were parked in a mostly empty field next to the woods, so we had clean bathrooms and all the space we could need. We also got in and out with no problems. I was glad we werent stuffed in with the rest. I think if i go next year i'll get there late again.
  • Options
    xxxxxxxxxx Posts: 14
    we camped and had to put up tents fast, filled up quick, some people got alittle testy at first.

camping, you are at the mercy of all around you when you want to leave

waking up at 4:30 in the morning and seeing somebody you don't know standing in your tent getting ready to rip you off is no fun. at least two other nearby campers had things stolen from them.

port-a-potties were really not close enough. they did a good try at cleaning them but they got worse as each day went by. the bring your own tp advice is no joke!

we got lucky, were in pod three out of eleven, five minute walk to centerroo

lots of good people in camping

venders for whatever you want for your mind, if thats your thing, roaming the area in camping selling their wares

if i ever go again i will get enough friends to rent an rv just out of convienence, security, a cooler, cleaner place to get out of the heat. closer to centeroo, i walk everyday, but waking in 95+ heat takes energy away from you that you will need later on at bonnaroo
  • Options
    We went vip and I dont know how people could have fun and see everything without vip. We got into the venue right away, Saw the main stage from our tent, were in and out of the venue from camp in 5 minutes, had no thefy in our area, had a hugh camp site, had showers and a bathroom with a bathroom attendant and flushing toilets, free food, cheap beer.

definitly do it.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,837
    We went vip and I dont know how people could have fun and see everything without vip.

that's a pretty ballsy statement imo. i went for the first time this year in general admission, and had a five minute walk to centeroo being in tent only. it's basically as close, if not a lil further than vip. I also took the airport shuttle from nashville and waited a microscopic fraction of the time that people driving in waited. also, i was closer to more shows in one weekend of shows than i have ever been in my entire life. i waited 1 1/2 hrs in the pit line to see robert plant and ended up less than ten feet from the stage. i was wicked close for mmj and was five feet away from mr. matt cameron on the drums in harrybu mccage. general admission in the tent only area gives you tremendous value for the cost of a regular ticket.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I went VIP and would not do it any other way. The location, check in, showers and bathrooms were soooo worth it. We didn't spend any money except for posters and such. We got checked going in maybe once or twice and they didn't deny anything we had. Water, Camelbacks full of beverages of choice, snacks, oranges, apples even chairs. We did not have to buy one beer. A quick walk back to camp to get something forgotten or a quick bathroom break was priceless. Plus you can see the main stage from VIP, so for Metallica, that I have seen before, we hung in our camp and got ready for Superjam with Metallica playing for us.
    If you get stuck in BFE your pretty screwed, but if your tent only your close.

Theft was a big concern for me, I live in the Northeast and trust NO ONE, so peace of mind in that department was worth it too. I heard of a lot of crappy stuff going on this year. A lot of people being ripped off and their stuff just violated and wrecked. Getting their tents pissed on, slashed and pooped in. Yuck.
    I was not thrilled with the food, but we lived on it and what we packed which wasn't much, PB & J and some cheese and crackers. Sometimes the lines were long or they just ran out of food until the next truckload came in. We had to remind ourselves to eat anyway, so it wasn't a big deal at all.

Would do it again in a heartbeat.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I heard of a lot of crappy stuff going on this year. A lot of people being ripped off and their stuff just violated and wrecked. Getting their tents pissed on, slashed and pooped in. Yuck.
    I

This could happen in VIP too
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    LukinFan wrote:
    This could happen in VIP too

True, but much less so.

When we pulled out Monday morning, there was not one plastic bottle left on the ground that we saw. It was spotless. Every one put their stuff in garbage bags.
    Seeing Centeroo used as a garbage was sad. What it was like in GA I don't know. But I would only do VIP in the future. No doubt.

I am NOT saying it couldn't happen in VIP. There was a camera stolen that I heard about, and I'm sure more than that. But there is much less of the Wook base going on. Security was pretty tight.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!