Options

Do you Believe in The Secret?

bearfoot61bearfoot61 Posts: 119
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I have been a fan since I saw the Jeremy video on MTV when it was first released. I have been to 6-8 concerts, don't keep precise track, but have seen the band every time they have been in the DC area except for the DAR show with Neil Young, including this year.

When I found out about Eddie's solo show, I had never felt more confident about getting tickets. All of my instincts were telling me this was meant to happen. About a year ago, my son got into trouble with the law, a minor offense. He had just been accepted to college and had everything going for him. But, what can I say, he's a stupid, naive teenager. At the time, all the buzz was going around about The Secret, which broken down to it's simplest form is the power of positive thinking. When my son was scheduled to go on trial, I would not allow myself to believe he was going to be prosecuted. He wasn't. Not even PBJ. I have since used The Secret to bring about other positive events and thoughts into my life.

My best friend and I share a membership to 10C. She pays for the membership every year, I get the tickets. I used The Secret to make that happen. When tickets were about to go on sale, I had pictures of Eddie during the Verizon Center concert at my desk and I was listening to the In the Wild soundtrack. When I logged on for the pre-sale I had the buy button, only to discover that our membership renewal had not been processed, apparently the check got lost in the mail and my friend didn't think to follow up before tickets went on sale. Would have been too late anyway.

Ok, there's still Ticketmaster. We both tried. Nothing. It occurred to me last night, that I have not exhausted all options. I still believe I am supposed to be at one of those shows. I log onto Ticketmaster every day in the hopes that by some fluke Warner Theatre has released additional tickets.

So, I'm reaching out to the last place I know of . . . the fans. I truly believe that someone is out there who is in a situation to be able to sell me two tickets for the Solo Eddie Vedder show in Washington DC. I know this thread will get buried in all of the other threads, but I'm not going to let it. The concert is only a few weeks away. If you are the person that is supposed to complete this circle for me, send me a PM. Most of you will think this is just some random plea just like everyone else who wants to go and wasn't lucky enough to score tickets. That's fine. Because somewhere out there is the person who has been picked through fate to make this happen. I will revive this thread periodically until the concert is over and I can post my memories and pictures for all to see. Thank you for your time.

DO YOU BELIEVE?
You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh
Or you can come to terms and realize
You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, oh
Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    bearfoot61 wrote:
    I have been a fan since I saw the Jeremy video on MTV when it was first released. I have been to 6-8 concerts, don't keep precise track, but have seen the band every time they have been in the DC area except for the DAR show with Neil Young, including this year.

When I found out about Eddie's solo show, I had never felt more confident about getting tickets. All of my instincts were telling me this was meant to happen. About a year ago, my son got into trouble with the law, a minor offense. He had just been accepted to college and had everything going for him. But, what can I say, he's a stupid, naive teenager. At the time, all the buzz was going around about The Secret, which broken down to it's simplest form is the power of positive thinking. When my son was scheduled to go on trial, I would not allow myself to believe he was going to be prosecuted. He wasn't. Not even PBJ. I have since used The Secret to bring about other positive events and thoughts into my life.

My best friend and I share a membership to 10C. She pays for the membership every year, I get the tickets. I used The Secret to make that happen. When tickets were about to go on sale, I had pictures of Eddie during the Verizon Center concert at my desk and I was listening to the In the Wild soundtrack. When I logged on for the pre-sale I had the buy button, only to discover that our membership renewal had not been processed, apparently the check got lost in the mail and my friend didn't think to follow up before tickets went on sale. Would have been too late anyway.

Ok, there's still Ticketmaster. We both tried. Nothing. It occurred to me last night, that I have not exhausted all options. I still believe I am supposed to be at one of those shows. I log onto Ticketmaster every day in the hopes that by some fluke Warner Theatre has released additional tickets.

So, I'm reaching out to the last place I know of . . . the fans. I truly believe that someone is out there who is in a situation to be able to sell me two tickets for the Solo Eddie Vedder show in Washington DC. I know this thread will get buried in all of the other threads, but I'm not going to let it. The concert is only a few weeks away. If you are the person that is supposed to complete this circle for me, send me a PM. Most of you will think this is just some random plea just like everyone else who wants to go and wasn't lucky enough to score tickets. That's fine. Because somewhere out there is the person who has been picked through fate to make this happen. I will revive this thread periodically until the concert is over and I can post my memories and pictures for all to see. Thank you for your time.

DO YOU BELIEVE?

The secret sure has a way of making it difficult to get tickets.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-07,GGLD:en&q=the+secret+debunked

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    yes add me to this list
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    bearfoot61 wrote:

DO YOU BELIEVE?

i'd like to think the same thing, but that a cure for my type I diabetes is out there. maybe locked up in some little up and coming medical genius's brain just starting 3rd grade.
    good luck with your search. i like where your head's at!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Is that you Shirley MacLaine?
    myspace.com/curtandres
    pearljamguy@gmail.com
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I got a few secrets myself
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    boogiemanboogieman Posts: 49
    but then again, Phish isn't on tour.....yet.

My advice:

go to the show, think good thoughts and you'll make it in.

oh yes, and bring cash :-)
    Perfect lefts come rolling in...loyal believer since '92
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    It's not so secret anymore you blabbermouth.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    Ha!

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    boogieman wrote:
    but then again, Phish isn't on tour.....yet.

My advice:

go to the show, think good thoughts and you'll make it in.

oh yes, and bring cash :-)

How much cash? I've never done that before.
  • Options
    JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109
    I wish I could help you out, but I bet I will see you there anyway! :)
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2
  • Options
    strong enough for a man--
    but made for a woman.
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • Options
    akallakall Posts: 25
    I'm not about buying from scalpers, but tickets have gone down and what I would consider reasonable for such a special show. Wait until a couple days before. Tickets are going down and down every day!
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Tickets are selling for only $25 more than face at all of tha agencies. That is your best bet.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    strong enough for a man--
    but made for a woman.
    that's fucking funny
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    I was getting postive vibes today and something told me to view the board. And low and behold here was your thread!!!! I can't believe it!!!

Here is your answer:
    http://www.stubhub.com

Your welcome in Advance!!!!
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I lost a sneeze one time. It was on the brink of coming out but I lost it. I used the ways of the secret and thought about sneezing all day. Finally after 3 days, I sneezed and had a series of 11 more sneezes. I damaged my sinuses. Thanks the secret! I'm glad I didn't think about getting rid of constipation.
  • Options
    irieinindy wrote:
    Tickets are selling for only $25 more than face at all of tha agencies. That is your best bet.

Sorry, I'm not savvy on this stuff. What do you mean by agencies?
  • Options
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    I was getting postive vibes today and something told me to view the board. And low and behold here was your thread!!!! I can't believe it!!!

Here is your answer:
    http://www.stubhub.com

Your welcome in Advance!!!!

Don't mean to sound ungrateful or stupid, but is this place reputable. I've never bought tickets like this before.
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    bearfoot61 wrote:
    Don't mean to sound ungrateful or stupid, but is this place reputable. I've never bought tickets like this before.

Better than ebay. At least you can call your credit card to dispute any charges with stubhub. It maybe a bit more expensive.
  • Options
    I'll see you guys on Saturday night! Thanks jbalicki10! You're my hero.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446
    Is this like the psychic friends network?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    this is freaking hysterical...if the answer was stubhub.com then i'm not sure i want to know what the secret is.
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    this is by far the most elaborate (and amusing) request for extras I have ever seen. Usually people just write "need 2 for DC."

as for the secret...my exbf's parents gave me that book...a few months later I moved and I put about 50-100 books out in the extrance to my apartment complex for people to take for free. The next day, all the books were taken, except The Secret.
  • Options
    this is freaking hysterical...if the answer was stubhub.com then i'm not sure i want to know what the secret is.

The secret is that I wasn't aware of StubHub because I'm not one of those people who obsesses over going to concerts, mainly because I can't afford it. So I reached out and someone clued me in. You all thought someone was going to sell me their tickets, but that wasn't what I was looking for. I needed the answer and I invited it in. If you don't buy into it, fine. Spare me the pessimistic, negative comments. I asked for, I got it, that's all that matters.

You all saw the message, that person got a vibe to check the message board and saw my post. Come on people, expand your horizons. Dare to imagine there is something more than fancy houses, nice cars and how you look. It's been out there since the beginning of time, our world is just too noisy and we can't hear it. Love you guys. Have a great weekend!! I'm stoked.
  • Options
    bearfoot61 wrote:
    The secret is that I wasn't aware of StubHub because I'm not one of those people who obsesses over going to concerts, mainly because I can't afford it. So I reached out and someone clued me in. You all thought someone was going to sell me their tickets, but that wasn't what I was looking for. I needed the answer and I invited it in. If you don't buy into it, fine. Spare me the pessimistic, negative comments. I asked for, I got it, that's all that matters.

You all saw the message, that person got a vibe to check the message board and saw my post. Come on people, expand your horizons. Dare to imagine there is something more than fancy houses, nice cars and how you look. It's been out there since the beginning of time, our world is just too noisy and we can't hear it. Love you guys. Have a great weekend!! I'm stoked.

Good for you Bearfoot, but all this is a tad kooky for me. It seems odd to me that people need a book to teach themselves to have a postive attitude. My policy is expect the worse and hope for the best. The best doesn't always happen but at least I am bettered prepared when the worst does.

Hey, if it works you, have at it, but your "request" for tickets does seem like nothing more than a fancy request...a commercial or ad, if you will. Your ad was just a little more elaborate than most similar ones around here.

Also, I don't need a book to teach me not to lust after material things as you suggest....as I suppose many others here don't. And, I ain't worth a shit at keeping secrets

• Options
    Honestly, I have never read the book, that's just the tag line that I thought might get the attention of the person that I was waiting for. When the book became a national sensation, I was also amazed that so many people thought they could learn the concept from a book. Once I listened to the concept of the book I realized it was something I already knew about, never bought the book or have even looked at it. I've always been a firm believer in the power of positive of thinking, but I also believe in past life regression, prayer, karma and fate.

At this point, I'm not questioning it, because yesterday morning I was bummed out about not going to see this show and now I'm going. Something, somewhere told me to reach out on this message board. Usually, when I read this board, I become very cynical because there is so much underlying negativity that I don't believe reflect the music, the philosophies of the band, but to each his own. But I truly believed that it was going to bring me what I wanted and that's AOK with me. I continue to believe in things unseen.