Options

Petition... Hear me out, its a good one

luke.luke. Posts: 190
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I would really really really like pearl jam (or ten club) to release EVERY concert bootlegged in the 2000/2003 as one major box set... i know they did it before kinda when they were selling all the 2000 shows as one set all in their little carboard wrapping but i didnt have money back then. but then i got thinking, imagine if they did the same thing but with the 2000 boots and the 2003 boots every show every track every cardboard cd case all in one big box!!! THEN i got thinking imagine if they released the 2006 shows in the same cd casing (not downloaded mp3s) just like the 2000 boots and put them in as well... maybe im pushing it no that one but c'mon ppl definately they can release a major all in one 2000/2003 boxset bootlegs of all the concerts ..... and 2006 :)

do i have people willing to sign for this... cause i sure as hell would pay for that box set
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    Well, here's my 4 cents on this one:
    1. it certainly has a lot of charm to it when you collect those 2000 bootlegs (I buy them even now when I travel around Europe and then happen to come accross one in different cd shops)
    2. if they released sth like the 2000 tour box set, the 2003 box set and the 2006 box set we'd all certainly buy them but it would be nice if the proceeds went for a charity or sth.
    3. in any case, it would be ok, but only if it had some more useful purpose than just us having all the boots in one place...
    4. all in all, I don't see it happening but good luck with the petition...
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I'm not willing to purchase a bootleg just for packaging. Especially since we can download them for free (most of them). I would be willing to pay for 2008 official bootlegs that are available days after the show. Again, the packaging is nice, but it's the memories that count. That's what I would be paying for.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    if i had the cash i would be for this. but i have most of the 2000 tour, lots of the 2003, and most of the 2006 tour.

and to release them all again, that would take a WAD of cash, and i dont see me having that much "fun money" laying around anytime soon.

but sure, go for it.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    luke.luke. Posts: 190
    does anyone know how much the 72 volume set sold for on in the goods section when ten club released it?

and yes yellow ledbetter is still the greatest song ever :)
  • Options
    leadbedr10leadbedr10 Posts: 409
    luke. wrote:
    does anyone know how much the 72 volume set sold for on in the goods section when ten club released it?

and yes yellow ledbetter is still the greatest song ever :)

they were 9.99 each i think
    the set was like 650-680.
    for some reason those numbers come to mind.
    but i could be way off
  • Options
    dwrocks1dwrocks1 Posts: 23
    leadbedr wrote:
    they were 9.99 each i think
    the set was like 650-680.
    for some reason those numbers come to mind.
    but i could be way off

I think you were right about the $9.99 each, but if I remeber it was a quite a bit cheaper for the whole set,
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    if you think people are upset at the prices of tickets, just wait until they'd see the price of this mammoth box set....it would be anarchy in here.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.