Options

Pearl Jam MSG 98 Print: Acquired!!!

thebends9thebends9 Posts: 513
edited September 2008 in The Porch
Phew...and only for $125.
I can finally sleep well.
'98 - MSG 
'00 - Jones Beach (x2)
'03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
'04 - Reading, PA
'05 - Wachovia Center
'06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
'08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
'09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
'10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
'11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
'12 - Made In America
'13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
'15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
'16 - MSG (x2)
'17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
'18 - Fenway Park
'22 - MSG
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    ebay?

be careful there are a lot of fake 98's around....
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    expressobeans
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    ebay?

be careful there are a lot of fake 98's around....

theres hundreds and they are really good and hard to tell if you don't hold them right next to a real one
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    thebends9 wrote:
    Phew...and only for $125.
    I can finally sleep well.

congrats... enjoy
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    sokursokur Posts: 40
    possomists wrote:
    theres hundreds and they are really good and hard to tell if you don't hold them right next to a real one

I have never heard of any fake NY 98s though.
  • Options
    JosephKJosephK Posts: 217
    Did you get the one that has tape on the back?
  • Options
    possomists wrote:

if they're really good and you can't tell then why does it matter?
    the Minions
  • Options

the price, a copy should not be worth as much as the original. the art is still cool to have but its not worth the big price tag for one thats not an original
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    In 2002-2003 before alot of people got bit by the poster bug, these 98's used to sit on ebay unsold for 45 bucks
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096

ummm

respect for the artist?

copyright laws?

being a collector and wanting the real deal?

morals?

not sure pick one
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    for the right price, im with you

still havent found anyone willing to sell me good looking fakes for cheap though (hint, hint)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,600
    sgossard3 wrote:
    for the right price, im with you

still havent found anyone willing to sell me good looking fakes for cheap though (hint, hint)

i believe the guy printing up fake '96 and '98 PJ posters was rightfully served with a Cease & Desist order by Ames' lawyers. he was selling his fakes for $30/pop,...the guy deserves to be lynched IMO :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    i believe the guy printing up fake '96 and '98 PJ posters was rightfully served with a Cease & Desist order by Ames' lawyers. he was selling his fakes for $30/pop,...the guy deserves to be lynched IMO :)
    well if he decides to uncease he knows where to find me :D

i think the flippers are the ones that deserve lynching... the copiers are just helping pop the inflation bubble and get posters into the hands of people that value them for the art... except for those that sell copies as authentic... thats low

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    well if he decides to uncease he knows where to find me :D

i think the flippers are the ones that deserve lynching... the copiers are just helping pop the inflation bubble and get posters into the hands of people that value them for the art... except for those that sell copies as authentic... thats low

one thing worth mentioning: the copier has NO right, legal or otherwise, to print unauthorized duplicates.

given the extent to which Ames' lawyers would go after said copier, i'm not surpised the guy has (for the most part) kept his profile on the DL.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    one thing worth mentioning: the copier has NO right, legal or otherwise, to print unauthorized duplicates.

given the extent to which Ames' lawyers would go after said copier, i'm not surpised the guy has (for the most part) kept his profile on the DL.
    oh no... i completely agree from a legal standpoint and would be pissed if my art (and a poor representation of it at that) were making others money... im just speaking as a self-absorbed consumer without the means to afford the art i love :D

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    oh no... i completely agree from a legal standpoint and would be pissed if my art (and a poor representation of it at that) were making others money... im just speaking as a self-absorbed consumer without the means to afford the art i love :D

no doubt.

to be honest, if i hadn't purchased genuine '96 and '98 PJ posters back in the day i would still have avoided these fakes, out of principle and sheer disgust. i mean, these fakes aren't even worth the $30 that buddy was/is charging for them. i couldn't/wouldn't stand to be able to look at them, or myself in the mirror had i bought fakes ;)