Options

Citizen Dick T-shirts

riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
edited June 2008 in The Porch
What's worse? A PJ shirt at a PJ show, or a Citizen Dick t-shirt at a PJ show? Don't know what website resurrected the silkscreen, but I saw so many of these in Hartford alone that my friends and I made a drinking game around it.

Do these people not realize that its a fake band from a crap-ass movie that no one would even CARE about were it for the nine words, "A compliment for us is a compliment for you."
"If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I like the movie.
    Hatford '96 Albany '03 Boston 1 '98 Uniondale '03
    8/29/00 8/30/00 Boston 1, 2, 3 '03 Boston 1, 2 '04
    Montreal '05 Ottawa '05 Albany '06 Hartford '06
    Boston 1, 2 '06 Columbia, SC '08 Virginia Beach '08 Camden 1, 2 '08 Washington D.C. '08 Hartford '08
    Boston 1, 2 '08
  • Options
    I love the movie and think the band is awesome in it :)
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
    i own a citizen dick shirt. i love it. i love the movie, and not just bc of pearl jam being in it. just a cool movie that reminds me of a great time in music history. great soundtrack too! i don't wear mine to the concerts but i don't knock people for it.
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    Well I'm sure now that they know you disapprove they'll be sure to have their next concert get up checked off by you.

And by the way, who cares about who's wearing a tshirt of the band that they're seeing in concert. There was a picture of mike wearing a green disease shirt somewhere around here. Guess he's lame as hell too.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    wow the fashion police :rolleyes:

get some therapy
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    that T-Shirt is pretty sweet I think
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    i own a citizen dick shirt. i love it. i love the movie, and not just bc of pearl jam being in it. just a cool movie that reminds me of a great time in music history. great soundtrack too! i don't wear mine to the concerts but i don't knock people for it.
    Me too...I use mine as my exercise shirt...I get quite a few looks, but it's an awesome shirt
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    What's worse? A PJ shirt at a PJ show, or a Citizen Dick t-shirt at a PJ show? Don't know what website resurrected the silkscreen, but I saw so many of these in Hartford alone that my friends and I made a drinking game around it.

Do these people not realize that its a fake band from a crap-ass movie that no one would even CARE about were it for the nine words, "A compliment for us is a compliment for you."

Me and my friends made a drinking game out of people who were judgmental towards others choice of apparel at the show.

It was a good one
  • Options
    i want one of those sweetass Captain America Shield Vote for Change shirts i keep seeing.
  • Options
    Me and my friends made a drinking game out of people who were judgmental towards others choice of apparel at the show.

It was a good one
    did you get drunk??!!!!:p
  • Options

It was a good one

how can you tell em apart? Are they the ones in a band tshirt that's so obscure that even google don't know who the fuck they are?
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    how can you tell em apart? Are they the ones in a band tshirt that's so obscure that even google don't know who the fuck they are?

Listen....I never said it was an easy game :)
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    Listen....I never said it was an easy game :)

Yours is easy! Just pick out the 'holier than thou' fans. That covers about 99% of the crowd, apparently including yours truly.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options

this is a crap-ass thread.

next show i go to i am going to wear a citizen dick shirt over a pearl jam shirt. hope to see you there.

what's worse is the people that think they are too cool to wear a band shirt to a concert
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    I am going to post to this thread because every thread where I write something, it goes away really fast.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    who gives a shit who wears what
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    PJ212 wrote:
    I once saw Matt Dillon in a restaurant and had the waiter take a note to him that said "Touch me I'm dick".

I don't know if he thought it was funny, but I did... at the time... as I'm writing this now though, it's not really that funny.

But I love Cameron Crowe and his movies.

i thought it was funny if it makes you feel any better :)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    PJ212 wrote:
    I once saw Matt Dillon in a restaurant and had the waiter take a note to him that said "Touch me I'm dick".

I don't know if he thought it was funny, but I did... at the time... as I'm writing this now though, it's not really that funny.

But I love Cameron Crowe and his movies.

hahaha....i loved that....i forget, what was he talking about? :D:D
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Or is it worse to knock people for what they wear? What a dick thing to say. I wish I had a PJ shirt to wear to the concerts.. how is it stupid to wear tour shirts, and shirts of the band you are about to see? Man you are so stupid.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252

Surprisingly with a screen name like mine I don't own such a shirt, but something tells me pretty much everyone who does knows its a fake band.

You know I've seen people wearing Superman and Batman T-shirts before, ya think any of them realize they are not real?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RITFWinCORITFWinCO Posts: 217
    Really? This annoyed you that much? Talk about looking at the glass half empty versus half full. You were at a PJ show for crying out loud. So people are wearing a shirt that you think makes them posers/elitist fans. a ludicrous presumption, but even if, who cares. Does it really warrant the irritation? So long as no is screwing with me at a show, the more the merrier.
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    The fact band is fake is what makes it funny, and for someone to make a thread about other people shirts, seems like a person with way to much time and no understanding of how most of us go through life.

We can't all wear the "I'm with Stupid" T-shirt, well unless we are with you??
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options

I can't see anything through all of the insecurity...
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • Options
    TsarinaLisaTsarinaLisa Posts: 205
    YIKES!! I saw the movie when it first came out and loved it, still do. I don't get the issue? I would wear the T.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I wear PJ shirts to PJ shows... I'd wear that Citizen Dick shirt to a PJ show if I had one, actually anyone know where I can get one? I want to be counted in this drinking game.

I'm gonna play a drinking game where I count polo shirts and dockers shorts tomorrow night.
  • Options
    TsarinaLisaTsarinaLisa Posts: 205
    I wear PJ shirts to PJ shows... I'd wear that Citizen Dick shirt to a PJ show if I had one, actually anyone know where I can get one? I want to be counted in this drinking game.

I'm gonna play a drinking game where I count polo shirts and dockers shorts tomorrow night.

LOL, here you go...I was actually just looking it up to get for someone....

http://shirtmandude.com/citizendick.html
  • Options
    Gosh, I guess it would have been a big fashion "faux pas" if the cool fan I met in Columbia SC who was wearing AN ORIGINAL CITIZEN DICK tshirt from the early '90s (you can tell it's original if it has the FAKE tracklist from their FAKE album on the back of the shirt) accepted the large sum of money I offered him for the shirt (which he wisely didnt). I would have been wearing that to many concerts - it's a classic and shows devotion to the band you love and knowledge of their interesting history.

BTW, I was wearing a vintage Mother Love Bone "Half Ass Monkey Boy" t-shirt and I wouldn't sell that to the guy either when he asked if I would sell it. Is that also a stupid t-shirt because the band is no longer "Alive" so to speak?

Get over it, fashion police!
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    jecica wrote:
    I am going to post to this thread because every thread where I write something, it goes away really fast.

ditto
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.