Options

Hard times...

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited July 2008 in The Porch
A very special relationship of mine came to an ugly end this afternoon and I am very, very sad about the whole thing. It was a messed up situation that I was a very large part of, but damn it hurts.

What songs have gotten you through really tough and heartwrenching moments in your life....such as the end of the your best friendship?

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

So just for fun while killing time at work I took a gander at the threads I've started since I started visiting this board.....visitation which is limited to when I'm working by the way. Anyway, stumbled across this one so thought I would give an update on the situation and maybe just maybe someone who is in a similar situation now can gain a little hope....

So me and my friend and a huge fight, time went on and we still weren't speaking. I was having a really hard time with it for a long time...it seemed like an eternity because she had been such a great friend to me.

She was going through a really hard time back around the first of the year and it ate me up inside to know that I couldn't be there for her and to make it harder for me she remained friends with one of my co-workers, which was cool, just kind of made me miss her more.

A couple of months ago though, a light came on and the slate was whiped clean I guess. We've resumed our friendship and it feels so good to have her back in my life. We haven't spoken about all the shit that went down and the things we said to each other and there really is no need to because we both knew the other one didn't want it to be like it was. Maybe it had to be that way though...I don't know.

Just never give up on the people you love and the people who love you back...it's a good thing and some relationships are stronger than any amount of bullshit that can come along
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    If your into looking deep into yourself and getting emotional and need to cry: Black, Come Back, Given 2 Fly

If your looking to get angry and mad and get it all out of the way: Go or Hold on, Why Go, Deep

BTW, that sucks man, we've all been there before.

I hope you can get through this with us :)

And just remember, PJ is always there for you.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    A very special relationship of mine came to an ugly end this afternoon and I am very, very sad about the whole thing. It was a messed up situation that I was a very large part of, but damn it hurts.

What songs have gotten you through really tough and heartwrenching moments in your life....such as the end of the your best friendship?
    Aw...I am sorry. It hurts to lose someone.
    I find I feel better if I turn up some music and sing along.
    You probably won't like my choices though..:o
    These Are Days from 10,000 maniacs always makes me feel better. :)
    Old REM like Radio Free Europe, Fireplace, Finest Worksong, Cuyahoga and Driver 8
    For the love of pete...don't listen to anything sappy and especially anything that has mad you sad in the past.
    I hope you find some peace.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    I'm sorry I know you're prob in a lot of pain. Black worked for me. To be honest put on a PJ cd and it will make u feel better. The day that my ex and I broke up I went to my basement drank some beers and listened to some Jam. Some songs made me cry, some made me angry,some made me dance, but for those 3 hrs or so I felt a bit better. Feel better.
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    I feel EXACTLY how you do right now. My girlfriend of 5 years broke up with me not too long ago. She was my life, everything I did was for her. She's since moved on and left me behind...

I found songs like Release and Present Tense are some of the best.
  • Options
    About 7 months ago I had a terrible time with my girlfriend of 2 and a half years. She got way too close to another guy at our school and he became obsessed with her and hated me. A fight occurred and it woke her ass up. During that time PJ was my closet friend. Ed felt like a dad. Matt, Mike, Stoney, and Jeff felt like brothers. It was an incredibly hard time for me. At the age of 16 I have had an equal amount of drama as that of a 30 year old. Things always get better Ledbelly. Sometimes life throws its punches. Listening to Binaural is good therapy for me. Live shows that I love really make me feel better. Listening to PJ live is the closest thing to peace on this planet. Hope you feel better soon. We are here for you.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    Listening to PJ live is the closest thing to peace on this planet.

I agree... great for any mood! Also, Thumbing My Way has worked for me. Hope things get better for you.
  • Options
    Screw PJ......break out some REM Everybody Hurts.

lol jay kay.
  • Options
    Inside Job. made me fuckin cry once and im not that emotional
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    can't fight it...bob mould...it's on the no alternative compilation.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    ucsbucsb Posts: 58
    good luck!
  • Options
    and bang some random chick.
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    You need to listen to words of this, it will blow your socks off and probably put your feelings into perspective: http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=4946310121&

Time Passes
    I saw you today, or at least I think it was
    It's hard to say, we've all changed so much -
    Compelled to look, but I hid my face
    It's hard to trace - these feelings
    Gone so soon, the time I spent with you
    And like an old, old tune-keeps running through my head-
    I wanted to say, so many things
    But my mouth went dry - and one word & I'd cry.

Slender bride, your beauty shines from you
    And forever more, I'll be on your side for sure -
    A light in your life, that always burns for you
    As time passes.... so quickly.

The final stage, we've both reached some way
    As we board our trains to different stations
    And the parts we play, and the things we say,
    Words on the way - to discovery
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    Fitz wrote:
    You need to listen to words of this, it will blow your socks off and probably put your feelings into perspective: http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=4946310121&

Slender bride, your beauty shines from you
    And forever more, I'll be on your side for sure -
    A light in your life, that always burns for you
    As time passes.... so quickly.

To the original poster, my wife left me a few months ago, so I know what you're going through. I wrote and played her a song on our wedding day. Sometimes it seems like it was such a waste of time. You'll get through it though.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    the one PJ song that i think is the most tear-inducing in a situation like this is "Goodbye". really helps at getting it all out

tough times but ull get through. peace
  • Options
    and bang some random chick.

I like your attitude, kid!

In answer to the original question: If you're looking to get through this hard time instead of wallowing in it, Pearl Jam might not be the best thing for you right now. LOL

Seriously, though, listen to some uplifting stuff like Down, Inside Job, Present Tense. Actually, any Pearl Jam will do you good. Doesn't matter what the lyrics are saying, just the pure energy and feeling in the music can make you feel better in any situation.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of theirs but Coldplay is usually some good break-up music. Especially that song "fix you". Here's the video if you wanna check it out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jBEYyHGbwto

Some of their other songs like "The Scientist" will literally make you want to kill yourself.
    motel money murder madness
  • Options
    My LOSER of an ex dumped me via TEXT couple months ago - we were together only for 6months, but it was really full on to the point where everything just fell into place - we were even talking about me moving back to Ireland with him at the end of the year...i was absolutely shattered!!
    i'm just extremely lucky that i didn't get to share much Pearl Jam with him!!

Nothingman really worked for me though...
    'caught a bolt of lightning, cursed the day he let it go'...
    And now my biggest challenge - a thing called LOVE
    Well i guess i'm not as tough as i thought i was -

Who wants to fight temptation?....That's no fun...
  • Options
    PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    AC/DC : Walk all over you.

Angels : Am I ever gonna see your face again ?
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Ben Harper, 'Walk Away" on Welcome to the Cruel World.
  • Options
    PJ - Footsteps & Indifference have helped me.

Also Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye

Good luck
    "oh when I was a kid, oh how magic it seemed"

Manchester, England (June 04, 2000) £27.50
    Leeds, England (August 25, 2006) £40
    Manchester, England (August 17, 2009) £50 - I think
    Manchester, UK (June 20, 2012) £50 - I think
    American Express presents BST Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) £80
    Manchester, June 2024 - TBC £160!!!

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things"
  • Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions. It was a really tough weekend for me and my friend too I suppose. Since the phone communication has been totally shut off between us I text messaged her a truly heart-felt apology and she said she accepted but I needed to move on.

Thing is, I had spent a good while feeling like she had been mistreating me and even though that might have been true to some extent I was really a bigger asshole in the deal, big time, and I let my hurt feelngs and anger get the best of me.

I popped Ten in the cd player the other night on my way to a basketball game and it eased the pain a little bit, but nothing has helped a whole bunch. I've never felt like such a bastard in my life, but all I can do is hope is time will heal what I've done to her

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    "Hard Times"

Hard times spreading just like the flu
    Watch out homeboy, don't let it catch you
    P-p-prices go up, don't let your pocket go down
    When you got short money you're stuck on the ground
    Turn around, get ready, keep your eye on the prize
    And be on point for the future shock

Hard times

Hard times are coming to your town
    So stay alert, don't let them get you down
    They tell you times are tough, you hear that times are hard
    But when you work for that ace you know you pulled the right card
    Hard times got our pockets all in chains
    I'll tell you what, homeboy, it don't have my brain
    All day I have to work at my peak
    Beacuse I need that dollar every day of the weak

Hard times

Hard times can take you on a natural trip
    So keep your balance, and don't you slip
    Hard times is nothing new on me
    I'm gonna use my strong mentality
    Like the cream of the crop, like the crop of the cream
    B-b-beating hard times, that is my theme
    Hard times in life, hard times in death
    I'm gonna keep on fighting to my very last breath
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Down
    !
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    So just for fun while killing time at work I took a gander at the threads I've started since I started visiting this board.....visitation which is limited to when I'm working by the way. Anyway, stumbled across this one so thought I would give an update on the situation and maybe just maybe someone who is in a similar situation now can gain a little hope....

So me and my friend and a huge fight, time went on and we still weren't speaking. I was having a really hard time with it for a long time...it seemed like an eternity because she had been such a great friend to me.

She was going through a really hard time back around the first of the year and it ate me up inside to know that I couldn't be there for her and to make it harder for me she remained friends with one of my co-workers, which was cool, just kind of made me miss her more.

A couple of months ago though, a light came on and the slate was whiped clean I guess. We've resumed our friendship and it feels so good to have her back in my life. We haven't spoken about all the shit that went down and the things we said to each other and there really is no need to because we both knew the other one didn't want it to be like it was. Maybe it had to be that way though...I don't know.

Just never give up on the people you love and the people who love you back...it's a good thing and some relationships are stronger than any amount of bullshit that can come along

• Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010

damn, I am on the cusp of experiencing a very similar event.
    I don't know if music will be able to get me through it.
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    damn, I am on the cusp of experiencing a very similar event.
    I don't know if music will be able to get me through it.
    I brought this back up for a reason....read the post above yours!

Music, by the way, never helped me a whole bunch aside from keeping my thoughts occupied otherwise

I did mean to say in my update that I was told just to give her time when it all went down and that was hard because I was ready to put it all behind us back then. She just needed more time and while it was so hard for me to wait not knowing if she would ever come back it worked out. Hang in ther CityMouse

• Options

Hey, I've been there 2006 I broke up with my fiance after 12 years.
    If you want search "12 years down the tubes" tons of great advice
    believe speaking from someone who has been there recently....things do get better. It may seem not like that now but it does.

Scott
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148

thumbing my way. damn that song hurts.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    in hiding

quote=Yellow Ledbelly]A very special relationship of mine came to an ugly end this afternoon and I am very, very sad about the whole thing. It was a messed up situation that I was a very large part of, but damn it hurts.

What songs have gotten you through really tough and heartwrenching moments in your life....such as the end of the your best friendship?[/quote]
  • Options
    TKDTKD Posts: 163
    if your looking for the agro side put on some tool
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • Options
    I guess I should have updated the first post. I brought this back up because we have mended our relationship....there is always hope is the new point