edited May 2008 in The Porch
Not sure if this has been posted:

Spin the black circle!!!!

http://www.enterprisenews.com/entertainment/music/x1838794946
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    didnt need an article to tell me that.....it used to be that a few select bands would put out a vinyl, but since 2005, you can pretty much get anything on vinyl, even if it is a limited release. its the only medium i buy music on anymore.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    didnt need an article to tell me that.....it used to be that a few select bands would put out a vinyl, but since 2005, you can pretty much get anything on vinyl, even if it is a limited release. its the only medium i buy music on anymore.

what do you attribute the resurgence to?
  • Options
    just the circle of life. its come back. kids that grew up with parents with records, have gone 20 years without them. younger kids starting to check them out. the fact that they are cheaper or the same price as a cd. it is seen as cool. more and more music stores carrying them, more availability from bands. its a snowball of all these things, and will once again peter away as before.

what once was old, is new again.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    veevalavinyl
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    just the circle of life. its come back. kids that grew up with parents with records, have gone 20 years without them. younger kids starting to check them out. the fact that they are cheaper or the same price as a cd. it is seen as cool. more and more music stores carrying them, more availability from bands. its a snowball of all these things, and will once again peter away as before.

what once was old, is new again.

all valid points, but I don't have a turntable in my car plus Vinyl tends to scratch easier than CD. Not sure about sound quality...maybe Vinyl wins there.
  • Options
    all valid points, but I don't have a turntable in my car plus Vinyl tends to scratch easier than CD. Not sure about sound quality...maybe Vinyl wins there.

you have to be a patient person with vinyl. putting that shit back into the paper sleeve, then back into the cardboard sleeve takes care and effort and time. then putting that back into the alphabetical order. not to mention getting UP to flip the record. its not for everyone, thats for sure.

vinyl definately wins in sound quality.