Options

Boston Transit Question...

Evil-Little-GoatEvil-Little-Goat Posts: 126
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Hello Everyone,
First post on the board... I know someone here can help me out.
Does anyone know if public transportation runs to the Tweeter Center from Downtown Boston? I'm trying to figure out if I should rent a car, and pay the nightly parking fees at the hotel, or if it's pretty easy to take the transit from the downtown area.
Any suggestions are appreciated!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I dont know of any sort of transportation that runs to the Tweeter Center. It's in the middle of nowhere. Your best bet would be to call Greyhound or something, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
  • Options
    good to know... Thanks!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    The commuter rail does run to Mansfield, check http://www.MBTA.com look at the Providence/Stoughton line for schedule. The station is in town, you'd likely need a local cab to get to the venue, unless there is a shuttle on show nights, but I don't know of anything.

Edit: looking at the schedule, it seems the last train out of Mansfield is at 10:18 PM, so rent a car.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I'd highly recommend a rental car!!
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    getting a cab after this show will be about as easy as building a car out of spare parts in the parking lot and then driving the newly built vehicle home.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Ponc is correct - rent a car. Also, look into Providence as an airport option...Mansfield is about halfway between Boston and Providence. Might be a bit more economical for you.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    and the Prov airport is easier to get in and out of....but the rental car facilities can be a bit hidden due to the highway structure being different than most cities I travel too.....but good call on looking at the Prov airport.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    insider tip:

VIP Parking or it will take 3 hours to get out of the parking lot!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    locked wrote:
    insider tip:

VIP Parking or it will take 3 hours to get out of the parking lot!
    def, premiere parking well worth the 30 bucks
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,507
    dude, just hire a limo. No worries about parking, the limo takes you right to the front of the ticket window....it's a piece of cake. Split it with a couple of buddies and it's about the same as a taxi. Maybe a tad more but you go in style and you can drink in comfort!