Options

I Met Mike McCready outside the Beacon Yesterday Afternoon

GhostlyGhostly Posts: 21
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Pretty exicted about, i got to the Beacon early after walking up from downtown, hung out at the back and listened to sound check. I really had "nothing to do but killing time," while waiting on my friend with my ticket. I just kind hung out waiting around and see if any members would pop out... So after an hour nothing happening, my friends show up we are hanging out at a pizza place behind the beacon, i decided to go for a walk and find a drug store and a soon as i cross the street behind the beacon. i see Mike McCready walking my way. I should his hand and introduced myself, spoke to him that we had a mutual friend, spoke about that some more, got him to sign my yankee hat, told him he could sign it yankees suck, but he said he wouldnt because the mariners do to... asked if anything else was up after this, he said they were going home and might start recording a new cd... got my picture with him.... i just thought it was funny that he could walk down the street un-noticed... super nice guy....

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AcNXLJo2Ys2LITA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Cool I've heard hes a super cool guy.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Ghostly wrote:
    Pretty exicted about, i got to the Beacon early after walking up from downtown, hung out at the back and listened to sound check. I really had "nothing to do but killing time," while waiting on my friend with my ticket. I just kind hung out waiting around and see if any members would pop out... So after an hour nothing happening, my friends show up we are hanging out at a pizza place behind the beacon, i decided to go for a walk and find a drug store and a soon as i cross the street behind the beacon. i see Mike McCready walking my way. I should his hand and introduced myself, spoke to him that we had a mutual friend, spoke about that some more, got him to sign my yankee hat, told him he could sign it yankees suck, but he said he wouldnt because the mariners do to... asked if anything else was up after this, he said they were going home and might start recording a new cd... got my picture with him.... i just thought it was funny that he could walk down the street un-noticed... super nice guy....

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AcNXLJo2Ys2LITA
    Awesome story. I love reading stories about how fans have met the band. I am truly jealous. Living in Houston well we haven't gotten much pj love down here and although I would love to meet members of the band, I'm also afraid to just cause I'm like "what if I catch them on a bad day" and that is why I don't want to. However SENROCK tells me I will meet a pj member someday ":D- LOL :D if so hope it's as awesome as these stories posted.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    GhostlyGhostly Posts: 21
    Thanks another funny part of the story was, i called my mom after the show, and it went like this...
    ME: Hey Mom, just got out of the show.
    MOM: What show?
    ME: Pearl Jam
    MOM: Pearl Jam Again (i wend to camden 1, dc, msg1&2, beacon)
    ME: Yes, it was awesome, met Mike McCready, lead guitarist and my favorite member before the show
    MOM: Well you went to so many shows it was bound to happen....

Gotta love Mom
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    As normal and down-to-earth as you could imagine, it is funny how he can walk down the street like a normal person who doesn't melt faces....
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    congrats man, very cool story... i was lucky enough to meet one of the guys as well and a similar story for me in that he was super humble, super cool, super normal. amazing that these guys truly are rock stars, but don't act like it... thanks for sharing
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Ive met him too, in a non-show situation. He's as nice a guy as you can find. Got the impression he would have talked for a hour, but I had to go.
    In fact, all the guys seem like nice guys. Cool band!
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Ghostly wrote:
    Thanks another funny part of the story was, i called my mom after the show, and it went like this...
    ME: Hey Mom, just got out of the show.
    MOM: What show?
    ME: Pearl Jam
    MOM: Pearl Jam Again (i wend to camden 1, dc, msg1&2, beacon)
    ME: Yes, it was awesome, met Mike McCready, lead guitarist and my favorite member before the show
    MOM: Well you went to so many shows it was bound to happen....

Gotta love Mom
    That is awesome congrats.

Your mom is right though, sometimes if you go see a band multiple times, you wind up meeting the band members. It happened to me with my other favorite band.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    very cool! Mike seems like such a fucking cool down to earth guy!

my wife is in love with him :D:D:D

i told her it's alright cuz i love Ed (in a strictly non-gay way of course :))
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    sweet!! Another one?
    Mike was out having a field day with all the fans these past few days in NY huh??
    awesome stories by everyone..what a great fuckin way to end this tour :D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...