Options

Chicago 93.1 XRT Sunday Night Concert

PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Pearl Jam at Metro 1992

http://www.wxrt.com/

This is on again this Sunday 11/16/08 PJ is also the friday feature today 11/14/08
"All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    PJPAT wrote:
    Pearl Jam at Metro 1992

http://www.wxrt.com/

I have this show....excellent show!
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    wait.. what is this???

more details??

Oh derr... I missed the 1992 part and was like, what concert on sunday?!?!?!

sorry, helps to read well :( ;)
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I bought this bootleg a long time ago. Way to much i'm sure. lol
  • Options
    I have bought this bootleg bought it long time ago. Way to much i'm sure. lol

This is my dream show. I was lucky enought to be at the VIC but the Metro is my favorite place for a show (Yes, better than Alpine)

I missed PJ open for the peppers at the Aragon. If I would have been lucky enough to get tickets to that show I would of knew about PJ earlier and would have had tickets for this Metro show. I remember it happeing and how tough a ticket it was in 1992.

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    Are they airing the concert Sunday? Anyone know what time?
  • Options
    pjfan85 wrote:
    Are they airing the concert Sunday? Anyone know what time?

I think it is at 7pm central time. I listen to the station at work and if I hear a time I will confirm and post it here.

I have looked at the website and cant find anything.

• Options
    Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    Nice! That's awesome...I've never heard it.

http://www.93xrt.com/pages/1527171.php

Starts at 8pm
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    I was at this show...amazing! I'll be listening to it on the way home from the Hawk game that night.
  • Options
    PJPAT wrote:
    I think it is at 7pm central time. I listen to the station at work and if I hear a time I will confirm and post it here.

I have looked at the website and cant find anything.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    jdwyer02jdwyer02 Posts: 110
    I taped this how and put it on a cd. One of my rarest PJ collections and their debut in Chicago. (I think but probably wrong) Great show. Listen to the beginning of Porch. Pretty funny with mixing the "What the fuck is this world?"

But 93XRT is probably the only radio station here in Chicago that appreciates Pearl Jam. I've heard so many songs from them on there that you wouldn't even think of like: Gone, Come Back, Love Boat Captain, Off He Goes, etc. I even heard Eddie's All Along The Watchtower on there. But as much of the good stuff that station plays, they double with the terrible stuff.
    "Many people don't know what their life is worth. I do....70 Grand!"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    you rock! thanks for the link!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Cool...thanks...an oldie. Nice.
  • Options
    jdwyer02 wrote:
    I taped this how and put it on a cd. One of my rarest PJ collections and their debut in Chicago. (I think but probably wrong) Great show. Listen to the beginning of Porch. Pretty funny with mixing the "What the fuck is this world?"

But 93XRT is probably the only radio station here in Chicago that appreciates Pearl Jam. I've heard so many songs from them on there that you wouldn't even think of like: Gone, Come Back, Love Boat Captain, Off He Goes, etc. I even heard Eddie's All Along The Watchtower on there. But as much of the good stuff that station plays, they double with the terrible stuff.

Double with terrible stuff?? Boy, you lost all credibility with that one. Give an example please.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    is that the show where they jammed with the pumpkins for the encore??? i'm forgetting right now...
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    NewJPage wrote:
    is that the show where they jammed with the pumpkins for the encore??? i'm forgetting right now...

Yes. I have video of it somewhere. Jimmy Chamberlain is pounding on the cymbols for I got a Feeling.

I believe this was their headling debut in Chicago. They did open up for the RHCP and Smashing Pumkins at the Aragon before this show. They also played at the metro once before with Naked Raygun, Neds Atomic Dustbin and Urge Overkill.

Set list is here:

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/website/wikijam/index.php/1992-03-28

• Options
    jdwyer02jdwyer02 Posts: 110
    Double with terrible stuff like Connect Four with Terri Hemert and bands that nobody has or will ever hear about constantly played. Don't get me wrong, I love XRT but if you can't say that there is a lot of weird shit that is played on there that blows then I don't know what to tell ya. The best thing that left that station were the two assholes on Sound Opinions.
    "Many people don't know what their life is worth. I do....70 Grand!"
  • Options
    It isn't on yet. 7 Central is the same as 8 eastern, right?
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Does anyone have a copy of this show to share? This is ipod worthy. Awesome show.
  • Options
    yeah no kidding. anyone capture this? good quality? i missed the show too. in my car on the way home waaaay out of radio range. someone post it!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    anyone? this would be a nice show to have.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Bump. This is on again this Sunday 11/16/08

Go Bears!

• Options
    PJPAT wrote:
    Bump. This is on again this Sunday 11/16/08

Go Bears!

LOL :D
  • Options
    Today Pearl Jam is also the friday featured artist on XRT as well.
  • Options
    Today Pearl Jam is also the friday featured artist on XRT as well.

Parachutes on the radio!! That is a first for me on that song. XRT should play this more. They also played Black from Benny Hall but they play that once in a while anyway.

• Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    PJPAT wrote:
    They also played Black from Benny Hall but they play that once in a while anyway.

They play that quite a bit.

Nice if they played EV's The Rise today.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    yea I just heard Parachutes. That was a nice surprise. So far other than that it has been the usual PJ songs that they play.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    yea I just heard Parachutes. That was a nice surprise. So far other than that it has been the usual PJ songs that they play.

Gone is on now.

I heard a clip earlier of the who singing in tune and they said Eddie Vedder when the song was over. I beleive that was the Royal albert Hall show but only caught the very end.

• Options
    PJPAT wrote:
    Gone is on now.

I heard a clip earlier of the who singing in tune and they said Eddie Vedder when the song was over. I beleive that was the Royal albert Hall show but only caught the very end.

NO WAY!!!! At least XRT plays it.