Options

''i Am Stone Gossard And This Is My Band...''

2»

Comments

• Options
    NoBlameNoBlame Posts: 7
    I do love Stone, but...
    Chr-IST Ed's got pipes! The vocals are the draw for a lot of people...You can have the greatest lyrics, ect, but if the singer sucks, it's the biggest turn off. Does anyone think they'd still love pearl jam as much if oh, say.... Jason Mraz was the singer?! (or that dude they got for Alter Bridge...yech.)
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    No Way is one of his best.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
    MattyJoe wrote:
    I mean just look at some of the songs Stone has written:

* songs that he also wrote the lyrics for

Once
    Even Flow
    Alive
    Black
    Breath
    Footsteps
    Brother*
    Hold On
    Animal
    Hard To Imagine
    Spin The Black Circle
    Satan's Bed
    Mankind*
    Don't Gimme No Lip*
    No Way*
    Do The Evolution
    In Hiding
    All Those Yesterdays*
    Strangest Tribe*
    Thin Air*
    Of The Girl*
    Rival*
    Fatal*
    Bu$hleaguer
    All Or None
    Life Wasted
    Parachutes
    Wasted Reprise

You could make an entire fuckin Greatest Hits album out of that! Unbelievable!
    the riff at STBC makes 'smells like teen spirit' look like a pop song..like a madonna song..
    stone's rules...
    ''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
    and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
  • Options
    StoneyChixStoneyChix Posts: 125
    Stone is #1..he is totally the best at what he does & how he does it!! I am super obsessive over him!!!

He has written some of the best songs PJ has ever done..my fave being "Thin Air" could listen to it day in day out.. :)
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    You lost me when you counted Mankind as a "Greatest hit". Seriously?? I mean all other shit, I totally agree with you, but Mankind??? Come on!!! It's a fun song for a live show yeah, but other than that, that song is really bad.

Dude calm down. I just meant it generally.

And also, about that list. Those are only songs where the music/lyrics were exclusively written by Stone (except for the ones with Eddie lyrics, of course). That doesn't even take into account the contributions he's made to other songs which weren't exclusively his.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I can't calm down. This whole "West Coast Dates might not happen" thing got me all reeled up :-P

Yeah well get some tickets and come East! I've heard there are a few left for some shows (Boston 1, both Camdens...)
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    Stone needs to write a lot more for this album to be successful. He is the master of riff driven songs with cool hooks.
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    MattyJoe wrote:
    I mean just look at some of the songs Stone has written:

* songs that he also wrote the lyrics for

Once
    Even Flow
    Alive
    Black
    Breath
    Footsteps
    Brother*
    Hold On
    Animal
    Hard To Imagine
    Spin The Black Circle
    Satan's Bed
    Mankind*
    Don't Gimme No Lip*
    No Way*
    Do The Evolution
    In Hiding
    All Those Yesterdays*
    Strangest Tribe*
    Thin Air*
    Of The Girl*
    Rival*
    Fatal*
    Bu$hleaguer
    All Or None
    Life Wasted
    Parachutes
    Wasted Reprise

You could make an entire fuckin Greatest Hits album out of that! Unbelievable!

Stone is a great musician/songwriter, but you could make an as big or bigger Ed list of greatest hits as well (someone else can dot it, I am too lazy). It is great having two fantastic songwriters in the band. it makes the band more dynamic.
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    is stone gay?
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    Stone IronsStone Irons Posts: 430
    suns rival wrote:
    is stone gay?

No, he is married and has a child.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    No, he is married and has a child.

gays can be married & have kids too. :D
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    VOLITION wrote:
    Stone needs to write a lot more for this album to be successful. He is the master of riff driven songs with cool hooks.

For 'this' album to be successful? Was there some sort of announcement/rumor that a PJ is going to write an album relatively soon? I know they will eventually, but is there actually news about it?

Sorry I have been away from the boards(finals) lately and haven't seen anything on the board.
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    For 'this' album to be successful? Was there some sort of announcement/rumor that a PJ is going to write an album relatively soon? I know they will eventually, but is there actually news about it?

Yes
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    hobbes wrote:
    in my opinion. stone is hands down the best musician/song writer in pearl jam.

agreed...100%
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    Yes

can someone point me in the right direction? I have searched and havent found any real news or maybe I have just doesnt seem like it.
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    I highly doubt that Stone is gay. He talks and acts in a slightly effeminate way but he's just the artsy type (sorry to the people who dislike generalizations). He seems very straight to me, and especially considering he has a wife and kid, I don't think he's gay.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    crazyindigo82crazyindigo82 Posts: 133
    hobbes wrote:
    in my opinion. stone is hands down the best musician/song writer in pearl jam.
    agreed! rock on timex!!!
    Up here so high I start to shake...
    Up here so high the sky I scrape...
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest...
    Just like my innocence...
  • Options
    jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
    ''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
    and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    sagapo1 wrote:
    I know, I know the history. But I think Eddie would be equally as successful had he never met them.
    It's just his path.

I find this hard to believe. Few bands or solo artists rise to the level that PJ are at now, nevermind how HUGE they were at thier hight of fame.
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    This may be true for Brad, but PJ is all about Ed.......................JK
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!