Options

Funds for this tour...just looking for some opinions.

nocodelover22nocodelover22 Posts: 108
edited April 2008 in The Porch
So I'm finally doing the multiple show shindig. I'm going to Hartford and the two Mansfield and I am fuckin stoked. Gonna be my second(third and fourth as well, I suppose :D) time seeing the guys. I was just doing up my funds and it looks like the whole trip is gonna cost me roughly 500. That's tickets, hotel rooms and gas all covered. I think that's pretty fair, I was just wondering if you guys thought it was decent as well. I'm not asking you to reveal how much money you spend, cause that's personal to everyone, but I was just curious if thats a normal amount for you crazy folk that go to half a dozen or more shows a leg(God I wish I could).

I dunno, I just wanna talk about the tour for the next 60 days to keep me occupied. Also...whoever is on the lawn in Hartford, let's rock that fucker up, yeah?

Cheers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    just plan on it being 20% more and you will be fine

I tend to spend a lot on food and drink.

Easily drop $100 a day on food and drink when travelling
    and if you want any merch, that could easily be $50-100.
  • Options
    lol Yeah, I am prepared for that pain in the ass need that is "nutrition." Damn that.
  • Options
    lol Yeah, I am prepared for that pain in the ass need that is "nutrition." Damn that.

yeah and, in my case $200 on the "extras" for a four show run.

man needs his greens you know
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    ^first of all, no need ot make that info public-patriot act
    second, $200 for 4 days? and eight a day??? thats a serious habit, man.....thats like some method man/redman shit
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    So I'm finally doing the multiple show shindig. I'm going to Hartford and the two Mansfield and I am fuckin stoked. Gonna be my second(third and fourth as well, I suppose :D) time seeing the guys. I was just doing up my funds and it looks like the whole trip is gonna cost me roughly 500. That's tickets, hotel rooms and gas all covered. I think that's pretty fair, I was just wondering if you guys thought it was decent as well. I'm not asking you to reveal how much money you spend, cause that's personal to everyone, but I was just curious if thats a normal amount for you crazy folk that go to half a dozen or more shows a leg(God I wish I could).

I dunno, I just wanna talk about the tour for the next 60 days to keep me occupied. Also...whoever is on the lawn in Hartford, let's rock that fucker up, yeah?

Cheers

I always take more then I need. Better to have more then not enough.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    it looks like the whole trip is gonna cost me roughly 500.
    I wish that's all that I was spending- damn 'Roo! :D

I can't wait!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    ^first of all, no need ot make that info public-patriot act
    second, $200 for 4 days? and eight a day??? thats a serious habit, man.....thats like some method man/redman shit

I am not worried. And I am referring to the specially grown organic Japanese wasabi flavored micro watercress

What the hell are you talking about?

I like the organic quality greens man, that costs money, its not quantity its the quality. But I pay whole foods prices to get em.

EDIT and I said a four show run, not four days!!!!!! Its more like a week and with friends ya know!
  • Options
    TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    my lady and I are flying up to new york!!! Hell jeah!!!!!!
    just plane tics and hotel are adding up to close to $2,000 bucks
    not including food posters etc.... And with that said the Ed show
    cost me around $1,000 hotel gas food, zippo poster etc....
    so 5 bills is pretty cool...
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    TEEJAM11 wrote:
    my lady and I are flying up to new york!!! Hell jeah!!!!!!
    just plane tics and hotel are adding up to close to $2,000 bucks
    not including food posters etc.... And with that said the Ed show
    cost me around $1,000 hotel gas food, zippo poster etc....
    so 5 bills is pretty cool...

You had to mention that zippo? LOL :D Congrats!!!
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    You could sell yourself on the street corner in Denver.

EDIT: Oh wait.. that was to Patrick.. Now to the original poster:

You could sell yourself on the street corner of (insert town here).
    Just me
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    I'm going to 8 shows in June. Tickets, hotels, gas/tolls, food, drink, posters, etc......

I'm spending quite a bit, and worth every dime.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966

Cheers

I'm going to tampa, mansfield I and II. all in all i'm spending about $1500.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    I am not worried. And I am referring to the specially grown organic Japanese wasabi flavored micro watercress

What the hell are you talking about?

I like the organic quality greens man, that costs money, its not quantity its the quality. But I pay whole foods prices to get em.

EDIT and I said a four show run, not four days!!!!!! Its more like a week and with friends ya know!

you coming to Mansfield? we need to hook up in the parking lot!! :D:D
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I wish it was $500 for me. Going to Bonnaroo, VIP (wouldn't go any other way), two MSG and Hartford.
    Costing me a fortune. But this is my vacation this year, (along with a new kayak) so I am happy as a pig in shit about it!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 580
    I live in Indiana, I was acutally hovering over the D.C. ticktets when they went on sale. I looked at Yahoo Maps. estimated travel 10 hours, 13 minutes. Believe me I am still thinking about getting tickets. Here is my problem, gas, driving, ticket price isn't an issue but it is the most I have had to spend to see pearl jam. The last tour I slept in my car at rest stops, so hotel is not an issue to me. I have a family and a job. Makes it difficult. My wife does not want to sleep in a car. My response is..... "well you can stay home." I am toatally kicking myself in the ass for not getting or attempting to get tickets for this tour. I am hoping and praying they add Alpine Valley or Deer Creek to this tour.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Also, I am using a % of my tax credit.
    Heh, $$ spent before it even reaches my checking account. What a way to live!
    The rest goes to the house fund.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I am driving from Chitown to DC, staying 2 nights, driving to Secaucus, staying three, commuting to Manhattan via the train

my guess is 350 in gas both ways total, 400 for hotels splitting with a bud in NYC. and food...that'sll cost some $$$ probably 35 a day not to mention sight seeing, posters, shirts, and other junk I buy.

So I am saying a cool G....worth every fucking penny to see them in DC and MSG 1/2
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    $500 for hotel, tickets, and food and gas for 3 shows is quite good. Have you budgeted in parking?

We try to economize on food, bringing quite a bit of our own to save funds. Pearl Jam isn't the only band I'm traveling to see this summer so I have to do my best to economize where I can.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    My husband and I just flew to Seattle to drive to Vancouver to see Ed at the beginning of the month, we did stay in Seattle for a week so the bill ran higher than just going for the show...

So having taken that vacation we are only doing West Palm Beach, Tampa and Camden night II as we are all out of vacation time.
    West Palm Beach and Tampa are hometown shows so we'll be able to save in hotels, only spending in gas and tickets to the shows plus merch.

For Camden we're rooming with Zanne and her BF so we are splitting the hotel (which works out great not only do we have great company it saves all of us money) and of course the plane tickets but not to bad though in between plane tickets hotel and tickets for the show we are spending $500 for the 2 of us (maybe some more if we add food)

I think that if spending money to see your favorite band (and you can afford it) is what makes you happy then you should always go for it....
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I will be driving from Taunton, Mass to my buddy's house in RI.
    He then has a 'sober' driver to take us to Hartford and back.

The next day back to Taunton where my girl lives 10 minutes
    from the Mansfield shows.

Other than the tickets and maybe a tank of gas not much.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    so far i have outlayed $2300, flights and 10c tickets to 3 shows (i am doing 7 in total, using friends spares on the others) so there are some ticket swaps etc etc, so really i have to outlay only money for 1 more show...
    hotels there are alot of us in together, making it cheaper! and gotta work out transport details yet (or finalize them)
    it will be costing me alot, but i am coming from australia, and it is more to hang out and travel with my friends that i am doing this! :)
    I am not worried about the money!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!