Why Bother paying for this membership??

brushfire623brushfire623 Posts: 13
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Ten Club is late on everything......they missed the second show in SD?
Please give me a break..... how useless the paid membership is at times...

I just got the latest DEEP magazine...... Whats the deal with that?
Ed Ved is too good to take 5 minutes and write something to the fanbase?
SHit theres never any blog...lol

what alittle weasel...i think he buys his own hype... THE BAND WILL LIVE ON WITHOUT HIM... SHIT I WOULD RATHER SEE THEM SOLO THEN HIM.

He is too burnt out and lost his voice years ago...... Its the music that rocks...The BAND.... get over yourself ed....its not 1993...most people do not even know who you are anymore.... Its the Ten Clubbers that make the band ,,,lol these days..damit!

BTW ....see all the scumbags on ebay.....yuck
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    stone?
  • SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248

what alittle weasel...i think he buys his own hype... THE BAND WILL LIVE ON WITHOUT HIM... SHIT I WOULD RATHER SEE THEM SOLO THEN HIM.

He is too burnt out and lost his voice years ago...... Its the music that rocks...The BAND.... get over yourself ed....its not 1993...most people do not even know who you are anymore.... Its the Ten Clubbers that make the band ,,,lol these days..damit!

Please just quit complaining and quit paying the membership.
  • Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    I think all the complaining by the ten club is why they went with just ticketmaster for the added shows..
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    This is an Eddie Vedder solo Tour. It is not a Pearl Jam event and the fact that the 10 Club has worked hard to get pre sale tickets for us should be appreciated.

As to the other complaints. I simply don't agree. I'm very satisfied with my single.

$20.00 is not a lot of money for what we get.
  • pulaski wrote:
    stone?

that nearly made me shoot water out my nose...
  • Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    Some of the people here are the biggest bunch of whiners I have ever seen... Wahh.. the $20 I spent on a membership isn't getting me personalized messages from Eddie...

You want to know why bother? The single is worth the $20 alone. I tell you what.. don't bother and maybe my seat will be better next tour.
  • SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    Staceb10 wrote:
    don't bother and maybe my seat will be better next tour.

BINGO...
  • pulaski wrote:
    stone?
    Neederman?
  • Yeah I never got much here. Just tickets to about 15 shows without having to deal with ticketamster, the Christmas singles, Deep, discounts on the boot cds and access to special fan club releases and a shot at special shows and vinyls although never had much luck at those. What was I thinking wasting a tiny amount of money for that?

I joined the Audioslave fan club for access to tickets to concerts just before they broke up. To show what a stand up guy Tom Morello is when the band broke up he offered a free ticket to a show from his solo tour to all members. When I showed up and my name wasn't on the list his people sent me around to where he, his mother and manager were showing up where I got to meet them and go in the back way with them. Funny I never heard from Cornell even so much as an email announcing his shows even after registering on his website and so missed his show a mile from my house cause there was only like 5 days between announcement and the show and i didn't hear about it despite hanging on his website looking for it constantly.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    mongoloid wrote:
    Neederman?

larry?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    20 dollars is about a nickel a day... or about .38 cents a week.
    Yup... there's a heck of a lot of things you can do with an extra .38 cents a week.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • leedog0leedog0 Posts: 152
    I will give you the $20.00 if you don't want the membership anymore. Please don't renew this year, pleassssssssssssssssssse!!! I will give you $20 every year not to renew.

And that goes for anyone who thinks $20.00 is too much for your 'right' to have Pearl Jam be your barking seals.
    8/26/98 - 9/2/00 - 4/28/03 - 7/5/03 - 7/6/03 - 10/3/05 - 5/22/06 - 5/27/06 - 5/28/06 - 6/1/06 - 6/3/06 - 6/24/06 - 7/7/06 - 7/9/06 - 7/10/06 - 8/5/07 - 6/19/08 - 6/20/08 - 6/22/08 - 6/24/08 - 6/25/08 - 8/21/09 - 8/23/09 - 8/24/09 - 10/27/09 - 10/28/09 - 10/30/09 - 10/31/09 - 5/6/10 - 5/7/10 - 5/9/10 - 5/20/10 - 5/21/10 - 9/3/11 - 9/4/11 - 9/2/12 - 7/19/13 - 10/11/13 - 10/18/13 - 10/19/13 - 10/21/13 - 10/22/13 - 4/28/16 - 4/29/16 - 8/20/18 - 4/7/18
    Ed Ved Solo:
    4-10-08 / 4-12-08 / 4-13-08 / 8-16-08 / 6-11-09 / 6-12-09 / 6-14-09 / 6-25-11
    It Makes Much More Sense.........To Live in the Present Tense.
  • If your number is less than 206xxx, then you should definately quit the 10C, post haste. You have to take a stand. If your number is higher than mine, than I don't give a fuck what you do.
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    yknow what i dont get??

why bother logging onto a pearl jam board to whine about bing a FAN club member??

the answer is obvious to me - if you dont like them, dont like the club and dont want to hear the music, piss off then
    impatience is a gift ........
  • You know you regret posting this! Pearl Jam is Pearl Jam. I, like most here, L-O-V-E them! Sorry that you're so upset. You'll see reason in the morning.
    We'll all be awaiting your apology.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208

if ed's voice is so terrible and you'd rather see the rest of the guys without him, why were you trying to buy tickets to see a solo ed show?
  • if ed's voice is so terrible and you'd rather see the rest of the guys without him, why were you trying to buy tickets to see a solo ed show?

Cause he's an idiot.
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,210
    there wasnt a presale for Hershey Boston3 or PNC in 2003.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I think all the complaining by the ten club is why they went with just ticketmaster for the added shows..
    Because everyone was complaining about the 10C server crashing and stating how much better it would be using ticketmaster because ticket purchasing would go smoothly with them :D Maybe they listened to what the disgruntled fans had to say :D
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

no one has a gun to your head making you become a 10c member... either get in or get out...

and your rant about ed is pretty lame dude...
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    hey buddy dont renew so i get a lower number it is only 20 fucking dolars u all are so cheap
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    the 10c has hooked me up for over ten years. Just two quick examples: in '98 they oversold 10c tickets to the first msg show and in '03 they oversold 10c tickets to the 2nd msg show.

in '98 they gave me first row in front of ed for the 2nd msg show and in '03 they gave me 1st row in between mike and ed for the holmdel, nj show.

seems like i've gotten my money's worth.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • I bet this guy has really hairy balls...
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • pulaski wrote:
    stone?
    That just made me spit coffee out of my nose!!!

• what alittle weasel...i think he buys his own hype... THE BAND WILL LIVE ON WITHOUT HIM... SHIT I WOULD RATHER SEE THEM SOLO THEN HIM.

see THEM solo? how can you see four guys who are together SOLO?

reminds me of the movie Airheads:

-Lone Rangers? You can't pluralize Lone Ranger!

-Why not?

-Well, because there's three of you....you're not exactly LONE now are you?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I hear Serbia needs some fighters
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • 3mvps3mvps Posts: 23
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    the 10c has hooked me up for over ten years. Just two quick examples: in '98 they oversold 10c tickets to the first msg show and in '03 they oversold 10c tickets to the 2nd msg show.

in '98 they gave me first row in front of ed for the 2nd msg show and in '03 they gave me 1st row in between mike and ed for the holmdel, nj show.

seems like i've gotten my money's worth.

I totally agree. 20$???? are you kidding? I didnt join so I could get extras, I joined becasue I love the tunes. If you are in it for yourself and "getting" then move forth now...we are done. MSG was REDONK!!!! IM jealous!! You got your $$ worth...peace.
    Hustlas prayer: If the game shakes me or breaks me I hope it makes me a better man Take a better stand Put money in my moms hand Get my daughter this college plan, so she dont need no man Stay far from timid Only make moves when ya hearts in it And live the phrase skys the limit
  • 3mvps3mvps Posts: 23
    I am new to the 10c and after this whole fiasco and all the people ive delt with I dont know if i'll renew ("go ahead that moves me up in the # sequence")...yeah i get it it. WTF???? Ive had threatening emails about Tickets, heard the most outlandish things about PJ, EV, and all the other posters. Are you guys serious? STOP BITCHING!!!! Especially those ofyou that have tix for 4 shows and are saying "damit I cant get a ticket to the SECOND SD show"......WOW
    Hustlas prayer: If the game shakes me or breaks me I hope it makes me a better man Take a better stand Put money in my moms hand Get my daughter this college plan, so she dont need no man Stay far from timid Only make moves when ya hearts in it And live the phrase skys the limit
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118

Get over yourself.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Because you want to. There is no other reason.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?