Options

Eddie Love or......?

HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I was thinking about this and wondering why we are showing so much anger and love for Eddie and not the other members of the band. I do not want to start any arguing or whining or cynicism that is rampant here these days, but rather, an informed discussion.

Why have we never freaked out about any other of the band members' side projects/shows. I know Eddie's ITW is very good and most indicitive of the PJ sound, but why the no love for the other members and the freaking out over shows. I never see this for Mike's UFO show every year (which actually raises money for a great cause). I never see this for Brad or Wellwater Conspiracy. What is it about Eddie (who is amazing, dont' get me wrong) that gets us so insane? I know the lead singer of the band is the one who gets all of the attention, sometimes rightfully so. However, with Pearl Jam, it is a great collaboration of amazing musicians. I come on here because I love each member. The side projects can be interesting, but I am here for the Jam.

Please share your insightful and relevant thoughts. Thanks.
SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    If I had to choose between Ed's solo show or the Flight to Mars show that Mike does (UFO cover) I would easily choose the Flight to Mars show. It's a blast!
    Just me
  • Options
    I guess Eddie's the voice of Pearl Jam.....

The words move us but also the way he sings them......

For the record i think ive listened to ITW more then Avocado......
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    3mvps3mvps Posts: 23
    I am an EV before I am a Pearl Jam fan! Sorry to disappoint but thats how I roll!
    Hustlas prayer: If the game shakes me or breaks me I hope it makes me a better man Take a better stand Put money in my moms hand Get my daughter this college plan, so she dont need no man Stay far from timid Only make moves when ya hearts in it And live the phrase skys the limit
  • Options
    For the record i think ive listened to ITW more then Avocado......[/quote]
    Now that is a damn shame!
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
  • Options
    Only the ones we love can truly hurt us so.

( not that i have anything to bitch about, this is "MY" band and i will patiently await the next tour to my area, consider myself very fortunate to score a ticket & cherish every single second listening to the music that helps make life on this stinking planet bearable )

and if Ed happens to add some east coast dates, COOL!!!!!!!!!

if not, see ya when i see ya dude.

i can understand people being pissed off about being over charged but last time i checked, Ed wasn't the I.T. guy for the 10c.
  • Options
    For the record i think ive listened to ITW more then Avocado......
    Now that is a damn shame![/quote]

Nah it's not.....

I just think it's a better record..... :)
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Has any other side project had the benefit of going through the 10C to sell tickets?
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    3mvps3mvps Posts: 23
    I would have to agree, I wasnt too impressed with Avo and enjoyed ITW more....But its not even close to one of the best albums.

Now that is a damn shame!

Nah it's not.....

I just think it's a better record..... :)[/quote]
    Hustlas prayer: If the game shakes me or breaks me I hope it makes me a better man Take a better stand Put money in my moms hand Get my daughter this college plan, so she dont need no man Stay far from timid Only make moves when ya hearts in it And live the phrase skys the limit
  • Options
    3mvps wrote:
    I would have to agree, I wasnt too impressed with Avo and enjoyed ITW more....But its not even close to one of the best albums.

Nah it's not.....

I just think it's a better record..... :)
    [/quote]
    In my opinion, Avo is their best album; ITW is great, but near the bottom of anything done
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,327
    Has any other side project had the benefit of going through the 10C to sell tickets?

I dont' think so.

He should get his own fanclub.