Options

Funny how big, bad Ticketmaster will be my salvation

HainesyHainesy Posts: 1
edited February 2008 in The Porch
So after wasting almost 2 hours of my time today trying to buy tickets from 10C, I am going to have to settle for Ticketmaster on Friday. How ironic that the terrible company that Vedder and co used to rail against will now be the DEPENDABLE source for their fans tickets.

I got to the payment stage FOUR times today and all four times the page timed out. I even called my credit card company and FOUR separate authorizations had been put through. Yet no confirmation email and no tickets on my profile.

Sure I realize that 80% of Ten Club members are probably in the same boat, but I'm not pissed about not getting tickets. I'm pissed that the reason I didn't get tickets was a shitty website. They should have seen this coming. They should have used Ticketmaster for the presale. They should have staggered the presale dates by venue. They should have done SOMETHING. Even an apology after the fact would be nice, but we didn't get one.

But they didn't. I see all of these references around here to "another ten club bitchfest". Some people are mad, some are telling us to be positive.

Well, I know what I am doing. Quitting the Ten Club. I see no value in paying $25 per year for pre-sales that don't work and a copy of Deep that comes out every other year at best.

If I get my tickets on Friday from Ticketmaster, maybe I'll start a Ticketmaster Fan Club. Because every complaint this band has ever had against Ticketmaster was completely unwarranted, given how they treated fans today.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Hainesy wrote:
    So after wasting almost 2 hours of my time today trying to buy tickets from 10C, I am going to have to settle for Ticketmaster on Friday. How ironic that the terrible company that Vedder and co used to rail against will now be the DEPENDABLE source for their fans tickets.

I got to the payment stage FOUR times today and all four times the page timed out. I even called my credit card company and FOUR separate authorizations had been put through. Yet no confirmation email and no tickets on my profile.

Sure I realize that 80% of Ten Club members are probably in the same boat, but I'm not pissed about not getting tickets. I'm pissed that the reason I didn't get tickets was a shitty website. They should have seen this coming. They should have used Ticketmaster for the presale. They should have staggered the presale dates by venue. They should have done SOMETHING. Even an apology after the fact would be nice, but we didn't get one.

But they didn't. I see all of these references around here to "another ten club bitchfest". Some people are mad, some are telling us to be positive.

Well, I know what I am doing. Quitting the Ten Club. I see no value in paying $25 per year for pre-sales that don't work and a copy of Deep that comes out every other year at best.

If I get my tickets on Friday from Ticketmaster, maybe I'll start a Ticketmaster Fan Club. Because every complaint this band has ever had against Ticketmaster was completely unwarranted, given how they treated fans today.

Sorry to hear you missed out but what's quitting the TC gonna solve, you'll just miss out on good tix when PJ tour. They let everyone know there we're limited TC tix and unfortunately you missed out as no doubt a lot of ppl did but throwing your toys out of the pram isn't gonna help. At the end of the day tix to these shows are in high demand and unfortunately some may miss out. At least you've got another chance with TM.

A similar thing happened to me for the Euro 06 tour, I missed out on TC tix to all the shows I wanted to go see, especially Verona, so I decided to save my cash and ended up only going tosee them at Reading Festival. Yeah I think their system sux a bit and is unfair when some are bragging about getting tix to X amount of shows and someone else misses out. I personnally think they should give local area ppl (state) first dibs then the country and if there's any left The World but they've decided how they're gonna do it and that's the way it is. Personally I'm in the TC for the xmas single and have never managed to make the most of my 32### number apart from GA floor tix to Wembley Arena twice. Okay so I decided not to use it in 03 as there we're 3 of us going and we wanted to sit together and in 2000 I was locked out as I wasn't from those countries, I seem to remember.

As to the whole TM thing, it was 10-15 years ago, things change.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,468
    I have been shut out of 10 club tix for this tour and the Vic. Although, do did a lot of people.

But, I am not pissed I didnt get tix....I am more pissed that we only got 3 days notice, and that they went onsale on MONDAY, so I didnt even have time to request a half day, full day, long lunch etc.

And, just for the record, the best tickets I ever had were through ticketmaster.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    I have been shut out of 10 club tix for this tour and the Vic. Although, do did a lot of people.

But, I am not pissed I didnt get tix....I am more pissed that we only got 3 days notice, and that they went onsale on MONDAY, so I didnt even have time to request a half day, full day, long lunch etc.

And, just for the record, the best tickets I ever had were through ticketmaster.

Im not really pissed either... Im kinda bummed...I will too try on Ticketmaster on Friday, well me, my husband, a friend of mine and my boss all 4 of us will try to get tix to see if one gets lucky :)
    What I do hope is that the 3 pending authorizations 10C put on my cards fall before Friday.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Limit the orders to ONE Pair for ONE Show per member. This is the way it used to be and that was fine. You get one pair guaranteed to be close... the rest is a TicketMaster crap shoot.
    Example: My same number in 1998 landed me in the Third row in San Diego... and in the 14th Row at the same venue in 2006. Why is that? Because everyone gets the same seats for all of the shows.
    I'm not complaining... I have had some GREAT seats at these gigs... but, i think that ONE great seat for more people than ALL great seats for the same people.
    ADD... if you want TWO great seats per tour... buddy up with another Fan Club member... each by seperate shows and swap tickets and go to the shows together.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Limit the orders to ONE Pair for ONE Show per member. This is the way it used to be and that was fine. You get one pair guaranteed to be close... the rest is a TicketMaster crap shoot.
    Example: My same number in 1998 landed me in the Third row in San Diego... and in the 14th Row at the same venue in 2006. Why is that? Because everyone gets the same seats for all of the shows.
    I'm not complaining... I have had some GREAT seats at these gigs... but, i think that ONE great seat for more people than ALL great seats for the same people.
    ADD... if you want TWO great seats per tour... buddy up with another Fan Club member... each by seperate shows and swap tickets and go to the shows together.
    agreed
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    The problem we will run into is the professional scalpers running the 'Hannah Montana' program that cuts in line and allows the purchase of hundreds of tickets. The Foo Fighters release party at the Henry Fonda sold out within seconds... SECONDS.
    With all of the buzz going around about the Ed Solo shows... those tickets are a goldmine to the scalpers.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    ssdr18ssdr18 Posts: 121
    It is a shitty website. same thing happened. pathetic. waste of time
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Zod wrote:
    I sort of agree with that, except pearl jam tends to have tours that are fairly sporadic sometimes. And some places they never play, so people have to go mobile. So I always thought to give the local fans a shot, at least restrict it to one show, and when thats all said and done, then put whatever's left up for sale for people who want to see multiple shows.

Its not as tight as your suggestion, as outsiders could get tickets, but at least it gives everyone more of a chance to see one show, then if tickets are available they could sell those after.

Yeah perhaps my suggestion was a little bit tight, I just think more priority should be give to people locally or in their country and yeah PJ's tours are sporadic but it's also about waiting your turn for them to come around again otherwise PJ shows are gonna be the same bunch of die hards who fly all around the world to see them.

Good to see a positive thread.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    LUV2ROCKLUV2ROCK Posts: 140
    Tim apologize? Hahaha Never

Hainesy wrote:

73,XXX

Member since day 1 here in August 2003