Options

Who are Pearl Jam endorsing for 2008?

Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Has there been any official endorsement?

I know there was that Barack Around the Clock thing but

?????

they jumped ship on the Greens after 2000 didn't they????
the Minions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    Well, the Eddie Vedder solo tour had Obama signs, if im not mistaken, and some of the tour posters had Obama stuff on them as well.

(Can someone confirm?)

that, with the Rock around Barack Song, Im guessing Barack Obama.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Enlarge and check out the Button on Eddie's coat.

He helped to design these.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/76804
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    at most shows on ev's solo tour, at one point during the shows crew members carried a obama banner behind ed

and that barack song :eek:
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    i didnt think there was an question who PJ was endorsing.
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    it's kinda funny that Ed isn't 'officially' endorsing anyone this time around. "officially" meaning VERY publicly.

remember the Iconoclast thing with L. Hamilton... Ed says "I fucking hate politics" or "I hate fucking politics".

very quiet this time around.. other than that poster, of course.
  • Options
    Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    thanks all
    the Minions
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497

remember the Iconoclast thing with L. Hamilton... Ed says "I fucking hate politics" or "I hate fucking politics".

Isn't there some essay contest or something that Ed was on the panel of judges...regarding Obama....

I always thought that when he said "I fucking hate politics" he was referring to recording industry politics, office politics, that sort of thing - not political politics...

But hey, what do I know? I can't vote in the US anyway...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    googoo Posts: 226
    do you really have to even ask? you were wondering if one of them was actually endorsing McCain? (who by the way is going to win, like it or not, the dems don't stand a chance in hell this time)
  • Options
    goo wrote:
    do you really have to even ask? you were wondering if one of them was actually endorsing McCain? (who by the way is going to win, like it or not, the dems don't stand a chance in hell this time)

unfortunately that is exactly the case.

this may one of the only times i don't agree with ed on a political matter
    "We're heavily Hemingway inspired." -ed
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Maybe Ed doesn't like Obama and that's why he hasn't said much? I wouldn't like Obama if I were him. Obama is just as shallow and sleezy as any other politician.

Both candidates suck.

EDIT: I don't mean that Ed doesn't like Obama per se, but, like, maybe he's not so sure?
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Maybe Ed doesn't like Obama and that's why he hasn't said much? I wouldn't like Obama if I were him. Obama is just as shallow and sleezy as any other politician.

Both candidates suck.

EDIT: I don't mean that Ed doesn't like Obama per se, but, like, maybe he's not so sure?
    Okay, so he doesn't like the guy, but he wears his fucking pin.. is anyone else lost here?

Are we all hoping Ed likes who we like?
  • Options
    hiding103006hiding103006 Posts: 452
    regardless of preconceived notions, i'm sure anyone who's going to a show will certainly find out where he stands... deep breath.
    goo wrote:
    and god i hope you're wrong. not just to be wrong, but... for everyone.
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    goo wrote:

i'm trying to have a slight, sliiight glimmer of hope that the american public isn't that dumb and apparently brainwashed to vote for another term of george w.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Move this bitch to the Moving Train- PLEASE!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    dave and chuck the freak
  • Options
    edwf2000edwf2000 Posts: 95
    I always think celebrity endorsements are funny because they don't realize that a politician is supposed to ask for an endorsement.

But celebrities just go ahead and endorse candidates anyway.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    emily18 wrote:
    i'm trying to have a slight, sliiight glimmer of hope that the american public isn't that dumb and apparently brainwashed to vote for another term of george w.

McCain wouldn't be another term of Bush at all. McCain is practically Democrat in some of what he believes. I just hope the American public isn't brainwashed into voting Obama, because he's much worse. You think gas prices are high now? Oh boy, just wait.

By the way I'm not a Bush fan either. I hate both McCain and Obama.

RON PAUL.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,303
    MattyJoe wrote:

RON PAUL.

who's the brainwashed one??
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    NewJPage wrote:
    who's the brainwashed one??
    fo shizzle my nizzle