Options

Posters at shows

fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
edited June 2008 in The Porch
alright, now that we got the emails and stuff, I have a few questions... mainly, since doors open at 6pm, would I wanna be there right away to get a poster, even though kol doesn't hit the stage until 7:30? also , what should I do to make sure my poster doesn't get ruined during the show? I read some suggestions of bringing trash bags and rubber bands, does that work well? Where do you usually place your posters, on your seats, under it or what?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

edit: ugh, what a shitty 1000th post.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    alright, now that we got the emails and stuff, I have a few questions... mainly, since doors open at 6pm, would I wanna be there right away to get a poster, even though kol doesn't hit the stage until 7:30? also , what should I do to make sure my poster doesn't get ruined during the show? I read some suggestions of bringing trash bags and rubber bands, does that work well? Where do you usually place your posters, on your seats, under it or what?

I always had no trouble with plastic bags and rubber bands. I just hold on to my poster during the show. It never seemed like a hassle to hold it. I know if I put it down, it would get crushed, kicked around, or stolen.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    tough question indeed :) under your seat is dangerous. It can roll and get crushed, beer spills are plentiful, etc...Obv a tube brings you all kinds of relief as you don't have to worry about it getting crushed under your seat (but they may not let it in). In Toronto in 05', they simply let me leave after I got my poster (a pass out where they scanned my ticket) and I handed it off outside to a buddy who stashed them back in his car...but you can't count on that either - Plenty of people seem to simply roll em and leave em under the seat or on the ground in front of them - good luck.
  • Options
    thanks, I guess I'll just try to go with the trash bag then. sucks that i have to hold it the whole time though.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    You guys roll them up?
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    yeah, I assume they roll it up and place it in a trashbag, then rubber band the trash bag.
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    _outlaw wrote:

Yes, be there right away. I remember getting posters at ER 1 and 2 and it was a madhouse. Usually you can ask them for a plastic bag at the venue, or just bring one of ur own along with some rubber bands, that usually does the trick.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    I usually roll it up, secure it with a hairband and lay mine under the seat ahead of me and just keep an eye on it.
  • Options
    Hi I am mostly just a lurker but wanted to give you some advice. My recommendation would be go to an art supply store and get a draftsman tube. They are big and usually come with a strap. You can then sling it over your shoulder and rock out at the show. I am a big poster collector and this has always worked well for me. I agree with storing the print flat afterwards but it won't hurt it to be rolled for a few hours. Cheers!
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Hi I am mostly just a lurker but wanted to give you some advice. My recommendation would be go to an art supply store and get a draftsman tube. They are big and usually come with a strap. You can then sling it over your shoulder and rock out at the show. I am a big poster collector and this has always worked well for me. I agree with storing the print flat afterwards but it won't hurt it to be rolled for a few hours. Cheers!
    3 years and no posts; lot of lurking and patience.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me