Options

Knoxville, Tn. 9/6/98

Nothingman70Nothingman70 Posts: 127
edited December 2010 in Given To Fly (live)
24,500 left in awe!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ???????
  • Options
    My 21st birthday! I left a rowdy bar in Kimberling City, MO in awe with my drunken rendition of Roadhouse Blues with the house band on that night. Thank you Jagermeister. I'm sure PJ put on a good show too. ;) Good times.

Knoxville, Tennessee - Thompson-Boling Arena - Sep 06, 1998
    Set 1
    Long Road
    Corduroy
    Brain Of J.
    Given To Fly
    Animal
    Red Mosquito
    Jeremy
    Whipping
    Wishlist
    Lukin
    Even Flow
    Habit
    MFC
    Present Tense (Monkey Gone to Heaven) (My Heart Will Go On)
    Daughter
    Better Man
    Alive

Encore 1
    Go
    Rearviewmirror
    Do The Evolution
    Hard To Imagine
    Black
    Last Kiss

Encore 2
    Leaving Here
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    ???????
    If u were there u would remember. Pearl Jam in its prime.
  • Options
    sheenTNsheenTN Posts: 163
    My first show in what is now my hometown! I was in awe indeed. Also a little shocked at how quiet the crowd was, which I would learn later is par for the course in Knoxville so now I make the trip to Nashville for shows! I wish I knew about posters then :cry:
    Knoxville '98, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh 2003, Nashville 2003, Asheville 2004, Bonnaroo 2008, Columbia 2008, EV The Ryman 1&2 2009, Alpine Valley 1&2 2011, Charlotte 2013, Columbia 2016, Lexington 2016, Bonnaroo 2016
  • Options
    sheenTN wrote:
    My first show in what is now my hometown! I was in awe indeed. Also a little shocked at how quiet the crowd was, which I would learn later is par for the course in Knoxville so now I make the trip to Nashville for shows! I wish I knew about posters then :cry:
    Yes if u recall Eddie called Knoxville boring.It was a cool poster. U can see it on the inside cover of 'Live on 2 legs'.'Hard to imagine', 'Daughter', 'Red mosquito', 'Long road'. Unreal performance. I finally got the bootleg of the show this year! Its a little rough but good enough to hear how dead on Eddie was that night.The whole band really. Mike just going 4 it all night.My first show also . Drove 3HRS from Kentucky. Very speacial memory because i experienced it with close friends.' He who forgets ' will be destined to remember'
  • Options
    stotstot Posts: 207
    I was there too! Actually met Eddie at the pool before the show. I thought the crowd was low key.
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • Options
    ???????
    If u were there u would remember. Pearl Jam in its prime.
    Oh I was there in fact by myself because none of my friends wanted to go with me! It was a great show!
  • Options
    stot wrote:
    I was there too! Actually met Eddie at the pool before the show. I thought the crowd was low key.
    hey you didn't happen to see Ed in atlanta last summer on night 1 did you? the girl sitting next to me told me a similiar story, just wondering. :D
  • Options
    stotstot Posts: 207
    stot wrote:
    hey you didn't happen to see Ed in atlanta last summer on night 1 did you? the girl sitting next to me told me a similiar story, just wondering. :D

I was at those shows. Maybe it was me!
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • Options
    sheenTN wrote:
    Yes if u recall Eddie called Knoxville boring.It was a cool poster. U can see it on the inside cover of 'Live on 2 legs'.'Hard to imagine', 'Daughter', 'Red mosquito', 'Long road'. Unreal performance. I finally got the bootleg of the show this year! Its a little rough but good enough to hear how dead on Eddie was that night.The whole band really. Mike just going 4 it all night.My first show also . Drove 3HRS from Kentucky. Very speacial memory because i experienced it with close friends.' He who forgets ' will be destined to remember'

How can you forget Ed (not exact quote, but something like), "I think you are either asking me for a drink, a pick, or my dick. I've got a little bit of wine, lotsa picks, by only one dick, which I'm keeping, so i can have something to do if I ever come back to boring ass Knoxville!" Priceless. Drove from Greensboro to Ktown and back that night. Thankful the show in Greensboro in '00 was such an awesome crowd.
    P.S. Knoxville has gotten MUCH better since 1998!!!
    Knoxville '98, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh 2003, Nashville 2003, Asheville 2004, Bonnaroo 2008, Columbia 2008, EV The Ryman 1&2 2009, Alpine Valley 1&2 2011, Charlotte 2013, Columbia 2016, Lexington 2016, Bonnaroo 2016
  • Options
    sheenTN wrote:
    sheenTN wrote:

How can you forget Ed (not exact quote, but something like), "I think you are either asking me for a drink, a pick, or my dick. I've got a little bit of wine, lotsa picks, by only one dick, which I'm keeping, so i can have something to do if I ever come back to boring ass Knoxville!" Priceless. Drove from Greensboro to Ktown and back that night. Thankful the show in Greensboro in '00 was such an awesome crowd.
    He also said Knoxville was so boring he sat in his hotel room the night before and watched Saturday Night Live then mastubated.Hilarious. He was still the angst ridden Eddie then Very intense. Singing the songs like it would be his last . His voice literally sounds perfect on the boot i have.This show is what made me fall in love with this band. It is cool to talk to someone whos first show it was also.
  • Options
    sheenTN wrote:
    sheenTN wrote:

Im Ron Burgandy ?
  • Options
    stot wrote:
    stot wrote:

I was at those shows. Maybe it was me!
    were you sitting behind the soundboard?
  • Options
    Some funny lines from Ed that night. We had a great time at the show even though most of the crowd was subdued or hungover.

I have a copy of the show, but it is B- at best. They brought the energy at most of the shows in 98.
  • Options
    WishCord7 wrote:
    Some funny lines from Ed that night. We had a great time at the show even though most of the crowd was subdued or hungover.

I have a copy of the show, but it is B- at best. They brought the energy at most of the shows in 98.
    Yes its not the best sounding boot but i dont care. It took me 10 years to get a copy
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    funny, just listened to the boot and I consider this to be one of the better 98 recordings. The band is spot on and Ed sounds great. Yes he does diss Knoxville a few times but he does it in a seemingly playful way. Wish I´d seen them on this tour!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    LONGWAVELONGWAVE Posts: 153
    I have a few really cool pics from this show! I will try to upload in the next few days and link them for you all. They are from front row center!!!
    "Rock Over London, Rock On Chicago"
  • Options
    LONGWAVE wrote:
    I have a few really cool pics from this show! I will try to upload in the next few days and link them for you all. They are from front row center!!!
    That would awesome! Maybe catch Ed's look of disdain as he tells us "It's pretty quiet out there I must say..."
    At least he likes Nashville :)
  • Options
    Yes they were spot on that night. My friends were in the 6th row. Please send those picks.