Options

michael johns

justjoshjustjosh Posts: 2
edited April 2008 in The Porch
i have been out of the mix for awhile.. Still more than 80 percent of my ipod selection is pearl jam... and will always be...

So im embarased(spelling).... to say but i hav started to watch IDOL... and i think its absolutley ridiculous that michael johns got the boot..

This only makes it certain that america has no taste
he still smiles ...and hes still strong..
Nothings changed but the surrounding BullShit that has grown..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    Its also that he was going so well, maybe people started to think he was safe, so they didnt vote.

Enough people think like that, and that's the result
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    he had the best vocals of them all.
    the Minions
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    he had the best vocals of them all.

Absolutely. He reminded me a bit of Jim Morrison.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Yeah I usually never get pissed when someone gets eliminated, but when that happened last night, I screamed bulls**t!!!!!!
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    justjosh wrote:
    i have been out of the mix for awhile.. Still more than 80 percent of my ipod selection is pearl jam... and will always be...

So im embarased(spelling).... to say but i hav started to watch IDOL... and i think its absolutley ridiculous that michael johns got the boot..

This only makes it certain that america has no taste

oh no! he did! he was one of my favs...

now I know why my mum called me twice at 9pm last night.
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    Michael Johns is such a chill dude.
    doesnt have the arrogance that David Cook has, and is a much better singer.
    He's gonna make an excellent front-man, especially once they get a real band around him.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    First off, Michael Johns was a put on American Idol because he has already been a big failure in Australia, and the record executives are trying to make back some of the money they threw away trying to make him a star.

He was formerly the lead singer of a band called The Rising and a band called Film. He also changed his name from Michael Lee. Michael was signed to Maverick Records with Film, and they were supposed to release a debut album in 2003. But according to one of the group members, Michael allegedly screwed over Film by leaving the band and stealing their songs, claiming he wrote them.

So, now he shows up on American Idol, and I guess we're supposed to like him. No thanks.

Secondly, your vote doesn't count on American Idol. They're used by the shows producers to determine which contestant is the most marketable, but that's it. It's the producers of the show that determine when someone is sent home, not "America's Votes". This is all stated in the fine print that flashes past at the end of the show.
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    I was shocked that he went last night! I am even more shocked that Christy Lee Cook is still there. She should have been gone during Beatle week. Now all the good ppl are gonna get kicked off instead of her.
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    First off, Michael Johns was a put on American Idol because he has already been a big failure in Australia, and the record executives are trying to make back some of the money they threw away trying to make him a star.

He was formerly the lead singer of a band called The Rising and a band called Film. He also changed his name from Michael Lee. Michael was signed to Maverick Records with Film, and they were supposed to release a debut album in 2003. But according to one of the group members, Michael allegedly screwed over Film by leaving the band and stealing their songs, claiming he wrote them.

So, now he shows up on American Idol, and I guess we're supposed to like him. No thanks.

Secondly, your vote doesn't count on American Idol. They're used by the shows producers to determine which contestant is the most marketable, but that's it. It's the producers of the show that determine when someone is sent home, not "America's Votes". This is all stated in the fine print that flashes past at the end of the show.

Carly Smithson has basically the same story. Millions on dollars put into her debut CD, and it only sold 400 copies. She changed her name due to getting married, and decided to relaunch her career.
    She's awful, pathetic, and is very difficult to even look at, let alone hear her sing. (keep talking like Bono honey, cause that's the only way you're getting close to the end.)

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    I caught that last night and couldn't believe Crusty Cook sailed through and they booted one of the best. Assholes! I hope he does as well as Daughtry if not bigger. That show is a complete joke anyway and at least maybe he'll get a bit of a start here with a fan base because he is good - IMO better than David Cook.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    FoxyMHMama wrote:
    I caught that last night and couldn't believe Crusty Cook sailed through and they booted one of the best. Assholes! I hope he does as well as Daughtry if not bigger. That show is a complete joke anyway and at least maybe he'll get a bit of a start here with a fan base because he is good - IMO better than David Cook.

this is the point in the show that's just boring. it doesn't matter who gets booted off since anyone in the top ten has a chance at a record deal and stuff. the only difference it makes is that when the good people leave it makes the show less interesting to watch.

Kristy Lee Cook makes my skin crawl btw. just wanted to share.

oh I also think that the results usually do reflect americans' preferences. think about it. these people are not voting for the best singer. all those millions of people in middle america who love country music and worship blond barbies are all voting for kristy. though I am sort of surprised because michael is so good-looking. usually good-looking men get a lot a votes. It's probably because he's too old to be attractive to the 12-14 set of female voters.
  • Options
    oh I also think that the results usually do reflect americans' preferences.

The whole Sanjaya thing proved that the votes don't count. He was getting ten times more votes than anyone on the show, and he was shown the door. True, the votes were coming from Vote For the Worst and Howard Stern supporters, but they were there none-the-less. The producers decided to boot him off anyway.

Oh well, the milquetoasting of America continues...
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    American Idol is :(
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    Kristy Lee Cook is this seasons Sanjaya!!!!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    brainofjb wrote:
    Kristy Lee Cook is this seasons Sanjaya!!!!

HA, HA, HA. Amen to that brainofjb! Hope she rocks a "PonyHawk" to some shit kicking country song. The whole premise of the show has been exposed as a fraud. Like the year Taylor Hicks won and Vote for the Worst and Howard Stern fans were so on spot that time,LOL! I don't even remember who won last year. Pre-created "Pop Tarts" make music I wouldn't listen to anyway so I don't pay too much attention. But I guess there's loads of cash in it or noone would invest so much.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687

You sure about this (or misintrepreting it)? I've slowed it down before and have never seen this text....

ALSO.... isn't this an AET thread?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    FoxyMHMama wrote:
    Pre-created "Pop Tarts" make music I wouldn't listen to anyway so I don't pay too much attention.

hahaha I don't think you have to like the music that comes out to like the show! I've never listened to one note of anything the idols have recorded, but I've watched lots and lots of the show!
  • Options
    janegosfordjanegosford Posts: 179
    FoxyMHMama wrote:
    HA, HA, HA. Amen to that brainofjb! Hope she rocks a "PonyHawk" to some shit kicking country song. The whole premise of the show has been exposed as a fraud. Like the year Taylor Hicks won and Vote for the Worst and Howard Stern fans were so on spot that time,LOL! I don't even remember who won last year. Pre-created "Pop Tarts" make music I wouldn't listen to anyway so I don't pay too much attention. But I guess there's loads of cash in it or noone would invest so much.

So which is it? The producers decide who wins or people flooding the system with votes for the worst win?