Options

Stone Gossard, Fend It Off.

HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Friggin' amazing. Hey PJ crew let Stone have some more of the control back. :)
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 596
    He must take more creative control of his band :D
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Options
    He must take more creative control of his band :D

Love Ed and his contributions. Just need more Stone and Jeff involvement...
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    HushBull wrote:
    Friggin' amazing. Hey PJ crew let Stone have some more of the control back. :)
    Bayleaf is my favorite side project so far.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:

Can't wait to see how Jeff's is.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Have you ever considered he might not want to be in control? Maybe he's happy about the way things are working out and he doesn't feel like playing the band nazi.

Yea, never thought about the link to Hitler... :o

Dumb....
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    it was seriously his fault, and he's not had control since
    wonder what he did ?????????? LOL
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    HushBull wrote:
    Love Ed and his contributions. Just need more Stone and Jeff involvement...

i couldn't agree with you more. I've been saying this for years now, Stone and Jeff need to get into the mix more often with the songwriting. The last few albums have been good but not as good as when stone and jeff were contributing to the majority of the discs.
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    are you fucking people serious? am i the ONLY one who thinks Stone's album is CRAP??!!

and i can't believe some of you think Bayleaf is better than ITTW!!! you're all out of your fucking minds!!!
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    are you fucking people serious? am i the ONLY one who thinks Stone's album is CRAP??!!

and i can't believe some of you think Bayleaf is better than ITTW!!! you're all out of your fucking minds!!!

And I'm sure I am not the ONLY one who thinks you can only pee when sitting down...different strokes, different folks. You obviously have some huge hang up about Stone, you've made that very clear, either you see him as "gay," in all its idiot beer-commercial-lover connotations, and are a homophobe, along with all the other charms you've exhibited, or "Evolution" is simply a song to you, and not something that has been practiced by you or any of your ancestors since Stone's ancestors discovered fire. Whatever, it is your problem, and I wish to hell you would stop making it other people's problem. You can't stand Stone, we get it, now move on, and leave these threads to the people who don't eat dirt, who would like to discuss a fantastic musician and fantastic human being without being reminded by your perspective that Darwin was right.
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    MrsOakley wrote:
    And I'm sure I am not the ONLY one who thinks you can only pee when sitting down...different strokes, different folks. You obviously have some huge hang up about Stone, you've made that very clear, either you see him as "gay," in all its idiot beer-commercial-lover connotations, and are a homophobe, along with all the other charms you've exhibited, or "Evolution" is simply a song to you, and not something that has been practiced by you or any of your ancestors since Stone's ancestors discovered fire. Whatever, it is your problem, and I wish to hell you would stop making it other people's problem. You can't stand Stone, we get it, now move on, and leave these threads to the people who don't eat dirt, who would like to discuss a fantastic musician and fantastic human being without being reminded by your perspective that Darwin was right.

you must have me confused with someone else!! i never called Stone Gay!! I like Stone,just not as lead singer!

so you can take your misguided insults and hurl them at someone else.

oh and Darwin was WRONG!!

and if you keep talking shit you will force me to say some not so nice things about you which i have refrained from doing up to this point.
  • Options

and i can't believe some of you think Bayleaf is better than ITTW!!!

No, I don't think that.
    But, Bayleaf, though kinda spotty in some places, is a very good album with some very great songs. :)
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036

I liked Bayleaf better, mainly for its diverse range of songs. It's a bit poppy but still really good.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    damendamen Posts: 104
    LongRd. wrote:

I'm sorry, I liked Bayleaf but Into the Wild is the best side project. It actually is right there with Avocado....
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I can't understand why some people still can not see this. Seriously how can anybody in their right mind think that Stone has a good enough voice to be a frontman of any band. Don't get me wrong, I think he writes great songs and he's one hell of a rythm guitar player. Just not a singer. I can't wait for the new stuff by BRAD by the way.

THANK YOU!!

my point exactly!
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    love fend it off, bayleaf is amazing.

how cool would a show be, 10c only, performing not only pj songs, but everyone's side projects as well, with guests. christ, to hear pj, brad, three fish, TOTD, stone, ed, jeff, maybe even some mad season some how....i need to change my pants :o
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I see you are not familiar with the expression "band nazi". Got any friends who play in a band? Ask them, they will explain it to you :)
    Don't be so quick to call people names either.

No, I understand exactly what you meant. The use of the word Nazi in reference to Stone is just ridiculous and insensitive. And gees, have you seen the nose on the guy... Stone Gossardstein.
    And I wasnt calling you dumb, just your remark. ;)

And I can make jew jokes because I am one... so, I don't wanna hear it.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I can't understand why some people still can not see this. Seriously how can anybody in their right mind think that Stone has a good enough voice to be a frontman of any band. Don't get me wrong, I think he writes great songs and he's one hell of a rythm guitar player. Just not a singer. I can't wait for the new stuff by BRAD by the way.

I would never want him to replace Ed as singer. But, Stone has a music writer is unmatched by Ed.
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:

ahem...Into the Wild >> Bayleaf
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    HushBull wrote:
    I would never want him to replace Ed as singer. But, Stone has a music writer is unmatched by Ed.

Porch, RVM, Grievance, Corduroy, Immortality, Betterman, I got Id, I am Mine, Insignificance, Man of the Hour, MFC, Off he Goes, Parting Ways, Severed Hand, Wishlist...

Agreed, Stone is an awesome writer, but unmatched?? Please.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    Porch, RVM, Grievance, Corduroy, Immortality, Betterman, I got Id, I am Mine, Insignificance, Man of the Hour, MFC, Off he Goes, Parting Ways, Severed Hand, Wishlist...

Agreed, Stone is an awesome writer, but unmatched?? Please.

You might have gotten me with the mention of I Got Id... :o