Options

Pearl Jam's Banana Bread is the BEST THING EVER!!!

StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
edited May 2008 in The Porch
So I was sat in our kitchen over the weekend and I caught a really strong whiff of about six over-ripe banana's we had not eaten and a thought suddenly stuck me. I took out that first 'Deep' issue and showed my wife who agreed she would try it out.

The result was OUTSTANDING!! She did one with just the banana's and almonds and another including the dates. The one with the dates was a little too sweet for me but I had the other one pretty much to myself. We decided to spread the Pearl Jam love by taking the other one for our neighbours.

She's under instructions to make it at least once a week. :D
"I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Oh yeah,

Does anyone have any ideas of other things you could put with it apart from dates? Would sultana's work? We could go crazy and try Kiwi or passion fruit maybe??
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    how about some ganja? :D
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    So I was sat in our kitchen over the weekend and I caught a really strong whiff of about six over-ripe banana's we had not eaten and a thought suddenly stuck me. I took out that first 'Deep' issue and showed my wife who agreed she would try it out.

The result was OUTSTANDING!! She did one with just the banana's and almonds and another including the dates. The one with the dates was a little too sweet for me but I had the other one pretty much to myself. We decided to spread the Pearl Jam love by taking the other one for our neighbours.

She's under instructions to make it at least once a week. :D
    I forget exactly how much (I'll try and dig it up), but rather than the egg(s?) it calls for, we used sour cream, and the results were phenominal... it was moister, and denser - which is how I prefer banana bread. I'll try and find the book and post again.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    I forget exactly how much (I'll try and dig it up), but rather than the egg(s?) it calls for, we used sour cream, and the results were phenominal... it was moister, and denser - which is how I prefer banana bread. I'll try and find the book and post again.

Cheers :)
  • Options
    ...so she tried a new addition on the weekend.....

CRANBERRIES!!!!!

Beautiful.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Can you post the banana bread recipe, all of my newsletters are in a box in my storage unit.

ty.
  • Options
    Can you post the banana bread recipe, all of my newsletters are in a box in my storage unit.

ty.

I'm at work at the moment but I'll bring it in tomorrow no problem. Unless someone else does it first. :)
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I haven't tried that yet, but I did make the tuna pasta bake thing and that was lovely. My presentation leaves something to be desired, but it tasted damn good :D
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    The recipe is easy enough that you could make it once a week instead of making your wife do all the baking.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    hash banana bread is gods gift to mankind
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    i am allergic to bananas. :(

i shit you not.
    this is an allergy that developed when i was 29 years old.
    crazy, huh?
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063

i shit you not.
    crazy, huh?
    wow, that's pretty lame, I'm sorry
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    Oh yeah,

Does anyone have any ideas of other things you could put with it apart from dates? Would sultana's work? We could go crazy and try Kiwi or passion fruit maybe??
    It's not an addition per se, but when I make banana bread, I spread it with nutella (for those unfamiliar with it, it's consistency is like peanut butter, but it's made with chocolate and hazelnuts)
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    QuestionAuthorityQuestionAuthority Idaho Posts: 327
    I make this recipe all the time.. it is wonderful!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist ~ Sitting Bull
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471

i shit you not.
    crazy, huh?

ohhh i'm so so sorry :(

maybe the next recipe can be carrot cake :o
    wah
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    bump for recipe post?
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    crazyindigo82crazyindigo82 Posts: 133
    how about some ganja? :D
    there ya go again- making me chuckle... how dare you! rofl
    I like your style! :D
    Up here so high I start to shake...
    Up here so high the sky I scrape...
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest...
    Just like my innocence...