Options

Eddie in Toronto

gorafttsgoraftts Posts: 47
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Just was listening to 102.1 the edge here in Toronto. They played Hard Sun, and afterward, the dj mentioned Eddie starting a solo tour in Vancouver, and that he will be playing Toronto, looking at mid-may.

Could be bull, I am just passing on what I have heard.

WOOHOO!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    two nights at massey hall anyone...maybe even the hummingbird

awesome
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    fuckin 'eh, eh? :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 835
    Massey Hall would be awesome...that would need about 4 shows..
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    oh my, that would be a great thing to hear :)

BUT: it is from a DJ on the Edge so.........
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 835
    I can just imagine id have to dish out $300/ticket from ebay/scalper. Knowing id have no chance during the regular sales.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    thats why i ddnt fly west... i am going to let ed come to ME this year :)
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    So who's gonna call Edge 102?
  • Options
    It was mentioned again about 45 minutes ago. They played Even Flow, then mentioned Ed being in Toronto in May. So two plugs for it in a 3 hour span.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    That's just great. Ed is going to stretch this tour into the upper midwest and the east coast, completely ignoring the south again.

Thanks for nothing, EV.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    I hope this is true. If it is I could probably catch a Blue Jays game at the same time.
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    That's great news! I hope I get tickets!
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    ha, so i'm flying out west for a show that i'll be able to see in my own backyard - why oh why can't they make these announcements simultaneously? meanwhile there are tons of people that would give an arm and/or a leg for my la tickets, which i wouldn't need had they announced the legs at the same time - i usually don't bitch and moan about what the ten club does or offers, but they make it sound like an california-exclusive mini-tour, which i won't miss for the world and now i'm beginning to expect a variety of shows on the east coast...sure, i'll still go to toronto (hopefully massey hall) and let's hope for buffalo (shea's performing arts) but announcing all these shows together would have been for the greater good - look at all the commotion it has catalyzed, people coming from all ends of america and worldwide for california, meanwhile die-hard west coasters would have been able to secure these tickets...oh well, see everyone in california, and now by the looks of it, toronto, and maybe buffalo, too
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    goraftts wrote:
    Just was listening to 102.1 the edge here in Toronto. They played Hard Sun, and afterward, the dj mentioned Eddie starting a solo tour in Vancouver, and that he will be playing Toronto, looking at mid-may.

Could be bull, I am just passing on what I have heard.

WOOHOO!!

Mid-May?!!!!

That's so perfect!!!!!!!! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    Does anyone know which DJ made this announcement? I'd like to send whoever it was an email so that I can post whether this comes from a reliable source or not.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Given the time of the post it was likely Josie Dye. She's a PJ fan as far as I know so it would make sense that she'd make the comment. I already tried e-mailing Bookie a few days ago with no luck. Maybe Josie will throw you a bone. After all, she is the one who e-mailed be back last summer about the proposed festival show (that never was) with Neil Young at Downsview.

I think she is on at 2 every week day.

Massey Hall, here we all come :D
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Be SoundBe Sound Posts: 199
    please, please, please be true!
    Don't it make you smile
  • Options
    Oh my. That would be amazing. Honestly, so amazing.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Would it be greedy of me to ask for TWO shows at Massey Hall? :)

Probably. And it just means i'll have twice the heartbreak when i get shut out. :D
  • Options
    I hope this is true. If it is I could probably catch a Blue Jays game at the same time.

You have an amazing new shortstop and third basemen... Damn cardinals not wanting to spend money and Rolen/LaRussa not wanting to grow up.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    omg! Dude don't be teasing me like that!!!!

I sooo hope this is true!!!!

Mel
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Maybe even the new Opera House
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    I've sent an email... Here's hoping Josie responds quickly :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    It wasn't Josie. I think it was bookie. I do hope it is true.
  • Options
    24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    well...i'm happy for toronto. i guess i sure did pick a bad year to move from toronto to spain. hahaha
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    McJuicy wrote:
    ha, so i'm flying out west for a show that i'll be able to see in my own backyard - why oh why can't they make these announcements simultaneously? meanwhile there are tons of people that would give an arm and/or a leg for my la tickets, which i wouldn't need had they announced the legs at the same time - i usually don't bitch and moan about what the ten club does or offers, but they make it sound like an california-exclusive mini-tour, which i won't miss for the world and now i'm beginning to expect a variety of shows on the east coast...sure, i'll still go to toronto (hopefully massey hall) and let's hope for buffalo (shea's performing arts) but announcing all these shows together would have been for the greater good - look at all the commotion it has catalyzed, people coming from all ends of america and worldwide for california, meanwhile die-hard west coasters would have been able to secure these tickets...oh well, see everyone in california, and now by the looks of it, toronto, and maybe buffalo, too

My sentiments exactly - same boat...flying out to 3 west coast shows...I wouldn't regret it for a second even if Ed announced some East coast gigs, but I certainly could have made different travel arrangements to see some East coast shows and freed up some tickets for locals. It doesn't make sense to me to keep everyone guessing...
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    It doesn't make sense to me to keep everyone guessing...

Sadly, i'd say it's all about money. They know that we're willing to travel so if they keep us guessing as to if there will or won't be any more shows, they know most of us will jump at the first few that comes along. (ie:Bonnaroo and these few Ed shows)

If more are announced and there's any money left in out pockets, we'll all jump to get the next round of tickets.

That's my take on it anyway.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I could see that being the case (maybe) for PJ shows but not for the EV solo stuff. The fact of the matter is that, given the size of the venues he is playing they could easily sell out each show twice over to locals. They don't need people from New York flying to California to sell tickets to these shows.

I agree, its not about money-its more because, me thinks, they really dont plan things that far in advance
    oh to be a fly on the wall at CM
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Would it be greedy of me to ask for TWO shows at Massey Hall? :)

Not at all. I'm asking for the same thing! :)
  • Options
    That would be the best news ever.

I would run naked through the streets to massey hall if this happens.

Seriously.
  • Options
    That would be the best news ever.

I would run naked through the streets to massey hall if this happens.

Seriously.

I hope I get seated on the other side of the theater, 'cause you'll probably have some schweaty balls after running all the way from London! :)