Options

I'm quite sure Bonaroo was AMAZING...but...

vedderoffdeadvedderoffdead Posts: 684
edited July 2008 in The Porch
d'oh...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Who fucking cares what you got to see? No show is Epic when related to show X.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I saw one show on this tour and I'm incredibly happy it was Bonnaroo! Pearl Jam was the best concert I saw out of 24 concerts I saw that weekend. I would've paid double what I paid to go to Roo for JUST the Pearl Jam show. Nevermind Pearl Jam and 23 other amazing musicians and comedians.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I can't stand these threads anymore. <insert show here> was better than your show. I know it's a message board to discuss pearl jam but enough already. All the shows kicked ass. It's not a competition.

It reminds me of grade school back in the early 90's. All the kids loved basketball shoes and it was Reebok vs. Nike. There were all kinds of different varieties (Pumps, Air Force 1's, Shaq's, etc) and some of us thought ours were better but at the end of the day, they were all basketball shoes.
  • Options
    all of you guys need to settle down with your setlist analysis etc.... as long as band is tight, who cares what songs they play?... play all the hits if you want, just play them well.
  • Options
    RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
    gleemonex wrote:
    I saw one show on this tour and I'm incredibly happy it was Bonnaroo! Pearl Jam was the best concert I saw out of 24 concerts I saw that weekend. I would've paid double what I paid to go to Roo for JUST the Pearl Jam show. Nevermind Pearl Jam and 23 other amazing musicians and comedians.

I love PJ they are my fave, but Metallica was the best show I think @ Bonnaroo. Ive told all, PJ was a 10, Metallica was a 10.5 It could also be because I havent seen Metallica in 10 years (at that time they were my PJ, have seen them like 15X) They rocked out all old shit @ the roo and the atmosphere was electric. Either Bonnaroo was ridiclous, MSGs were amazing and every other PJ I have ever been to has been fantastic
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    I can't stand these threads anymore. <insert show here> was better than your show. I know it's a message board to discuss pearl jam but enough already. All the shows kicked ass. It's not a competition.

It reminds me of grade school back in the early 90's. All the kids loved basketball shoes and it was Reebok vs. Nike. There were all kinds of different varieties (Pumps, Air Force 1's, Shaq's, etc) and some of us thought ours were better but at the end of the day, they were all basketball shoes.

Did you say "grade school" and "90s"? Holy fuck, I'm old.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229

EASY NOW FRANCIS
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    i enjoyed it.
  • Options
    JDfromDEJDfromDE Posts: 60

my Reebok's are STILL better than your Nike's. Suck on that.

;)
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 8/2/07, 6/14/08, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 8/16/08
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    Did you say "grade school" and "90s"? Holy fuck, I'm old.
    That startled me too :)