Options

Anyone From NYC/NJ Going To Bonnaroo?

RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Wanted to see how you made your arrangements or if anyone was looking to go down as a group. I have a few friends who may go and we were thining about doing VIP & getting an RV..any thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Wanted to see how you made your arrangements or if anyone was looking to go down as a group. I have a few friends who may go and we were thining about doing VIP & getting an RV..any thoughts?

I'm going VIP style. Plans are to rent a car and drive down.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
    How much is it to rent a car for the trip? Im assuming I would need the car from Wed-Tues? I guess it would be cheaper than flying. Can we roll 4 people in a car with 4 VIP tix for 1 site? Looks like its a 16 hour trip from NYC...How many people are you going down with?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm going from Ct, right over the NY border. I think my ride will be about 14 hours.
    I am borrowing my dads minivan because it has more room than my car and we can sleep in it if we need to. Decided to go VIP because friends that we are going with said by the end of the weekend they had spent about $1000 on food and drinks alone last year. With the VIP Thursday party and us being in our 40's we thought a little more room would be just right for us. I personally am paying for the showers! Also if you fly you risk the chance of the airline losing your stuff (like our friends last year, we learned a lot from them!) So they had NOTHING with them till late Friday sometime. You can bring your provisions and have a relaxing great old road trip.

If you rent a car, beware of the mileage and taking the car out of the tri-state area. They can charge you by the mile sometimes so check that carefully.
    Also, since the ride is so far, we are getting a room in Mcminnville at a Best Western. Like $70 a night, but I check to see if it is going down. A good nights sleep on Wed will be important for me since I will do most of the driving. There is also Mcminnville Inn but I can't find any info or pictures about it so paying the extra $20 for a Best Western seems like a no brainer. Continental breakfast included so no need to pay for another meal.

Lots of people meet up in the WalMart parking lot Wed. night, but they will not let VIP in early and if you don't want to be in BFE in GA I wouldn't go in too early. I don't want to be cranky on Thursday AM, so I have no other options.

We plan on leaving about 5am Wed. so we can get over the Tapanzee Bridge before traffic and hopefully get to the hotel by about 8pm. 7pm if lucky!

This is my first Roo but I have done a lot of research on this because it basically is a vacation week for me. If you have any other questions please ask, I will be happy to share any onfo I have collected. Also you may want to check out inforoo.com. Like us Pit people they are crazy about this stuff and you will feel like you have actually been there by the time you read that board! Good luck
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Checked Enterprise from CT, a car is about $240 for the week and a day. You have unlimited miles in the surrounding areas, but once out of VA you get 1050 miles for the week. I don't know if that includes free miles in the unlimited states or not. After 1050 miles a week it's .29 a mile. My trip is about 900 miles each way. I think I go from NY to PA, OH, West VA, KY and TN. Not sure. It is still cheaper for four people than flying.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    8 of us heading down in an R.V

Gonna be a shit-show if i've ever seen one..
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    How much is it to rent a car for the trip? Im assuming I would need the car from Wed-Tues? I guess it would be cheaper than flying. Can we roll 4 people in a car with 4 VIP tix for 1 site? Looks like its a 16 hour trip from NYC...How many people are you going down with?

Haven't looked into the price for the rental yet. As of right now I'm driving solo but am not against picking hitchikers up along the way! ;) I'm not sure how the price compares to flying, but someone very wise told me that only the commuter "puddle jumpers" fly from NYC to Tennessee. I hate flying as it is, so there is no way in hell I'm getting on the Big Bopper special.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"