Gogol Bordello

Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
edited December 2010 in Other Music
are coming to the Electric Factory on the 29th. If you're in Philly and want to see the best live band alive right now, then get there!

Best live bands right now in order:
1. Gogol Bordello
2. LCD Soundsystem
3. Pearl Jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    That can't be right. They're just awful.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    That can't be right. They're just awful.

Got to agree... had the misfortune of seeing them twice at festivals this year, thought they were dreadful. You start getting annoyed towards the end of the first song, and spend the rest of the set waiting for the pain to end.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    +1 for being one of the best live acts to see!

But I guess they're not for everyone.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i saw them on pj tour last summer...stay at the same hotel in bilbao.even we catch up the same flight to lisbon...they guys are funny and cool..and too good on stage..bujt its not an easy to like their crazy music..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Hey, so some of you guys don't like good music that has high energy the entire set. Please, let me hear more about Jimmy Paige that I haven't heard since I was 13.

And they challenge their audience. A certain band used to that very often.
  • hd1072hd1072 Posts: 158

Yep...PJ's note-perfect, 90-minute, greatest-hits shows aren't challenging to an audience at all...
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Extremely high energy show, had a blast when I saw them in Brooklyn this past summer! But no doubt be ready for a rowdy crowd!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    hd1072 wrote:

Yep...PJ's note-perfect, 90-minute, greatest-hits shows aren't challenging to an audience at all...
    :lol::lol::lol::)
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
    hd1072 wrote:

No, but this crew of blind followers sure do like to act like every show is ridiculous amazing - like the term "epic" being haphazardly used around here. Unfortunately those days are behind them. Not that they still don't do it - just not as much. And that's cool, everyone gets older.
    Challenge their audience?? What the fuck does that even mean? So they intentionally make music that's a challenge to listen to?
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    are coming to the Electric Factory on the 29th. If you're in Philly and want to see the best live band alive right now, then get there!

1. Gogol Bordello
    2. LCD Soundsystem
    3. Pearl Jam

How you have made that list without The Black Crowes is a mystery to me. :P
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

1. Gogol Bordello
    2. LCD Soundsystem
    3. Pearl Jam

Sorry, dude, but those guys are a bunch of p#ssies to me. Can't stand them. No offense.
    DewieCox wrote:
    Challenge their audience?? What the fuck does that even mean? So they intentionally make music that's a challenge to listen to?

Challenge their audience as in their energy, to keep up with them for two plus hours. Not even a PJ show can touch it right now.

I forgot about you. You're that dude who tells everyone else how good or bad a band is among other things. Yeah, Jimmy Paige, way to go out on a stretch there. You're the worst.
    dcfaithful wrote:

1. Gogol Bordello
    2. LCD Soundsystem
    3. Pearl Jam

Sorry, dude, but those guys are a bunch of p#ssies to me. Can't stand them. No offense.

No offense taken. It's all about personal preference.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    DewieCox wrote:

Challenge their audience as in their energy, to keep up with them for two plus hours. Not even a PJ show can touch it right now.

I forgot about you. You're that dude who tells everyone else how good or bad a band is among other things. Yeah, Jimmy Paige, way to go out on a stretch there. You're the worst.

Really?? I'm the guy that gives my opinion. Is that not what a message board is for? You're apparently the guy that takes it personally and whines about.

I don't feel the need for disclaimers. If you wanna like the music go for it. I didn't insult you.

It's Page, btw, and I'll take his way of challenging listeners. Sorry for having the baddest rock and roller to ever roam the earth as my message board avatar. Prolly need to switch it to some hipster fuck, I guess.

There's plenty of people around here that think PJ "challenge" their audience night in and night out. Way to be a hypocrite, though.
    And obviously your opinion trumps all. Page, Paige, Payje, Paij, however you spell it, the dude hasn't done anything worthwhile in 30 years. Page/Plant, yeah okay, that horrible movie with Jack White and the douche from U2, uh huh, awesome. What a bunch of recycled garbage.
    DewieCox wrote:
    Sorry for having the baddest rock and roller to ever roam the earth as my message board avatar. Prolly need to switch it to some hipster fuck, I guess.

hipster.jpg

Hipster fuck, right there.

You're welcome, Dewie.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    I'm stuck on hipsters now. Can we direct all this anger towards hipster fucks? They really need to be dealt with. :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    Sorry for having the baddest rock and roller to ever roam the earth as my message board avatar. Prolly need to switch it to some hipster fuck, I guess.

hipster.jpg

You're welcome, Dewie.

Kickass!!
    DewieCox wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

hipster.jpg

You're welcome, Dewie.

Kickass!!

I love your new avatar, pal! :thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I want to know which Followill that is in the pic
    The Fixer wrote:
    I want to know which Followill that is in the pic

It's a mesh of all four of them. But I'm pretty sure the jeans are comign straight from Caleb.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • And obviously your opinion trumps all. Page, Paige, Payje, Paij, however you spell it, the dude hasn't done anything worthwhile in 30 years. Page/Plant, yeah okay, that horrible movie with Jack White and the douche from U2, uh huh, awesome. What a bunch of recycled garbage.

Why in the hell do people always use the "hansn't done anything in ....." crap when trying to criticize someone? Jimmy Page has done more, regardless on when the hell it was, than Gogol Bordello will ever do.

And come down off the ivory tower. Just because someone doesn't like his music, doesn't mean they don't like "good" music. What a freakin' narcissistic, arrogant thing to say.
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10