Options

Yep - Another EV Red Sox Story

IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
edited July 2008 in The Porch
http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1109060&format=&page=2&listingType=sox#articleFull

Quite a gift

While in Seattle, Sean Casey got to catch up with Eddie Vedder, Pearl Jam’s frontman, on Wednesday. Casey brought home with him quite the prize: a personalized Fender Telecaster that Vedder used in a recording.

“I can’t play guitar, I don’t think he knows that, but I’m going to learn now. I’ve always wanted to and this is going to be the incentive,” said Casey, a longtime Pearl Jam fan.

He said Vedder once paid a visit to Cincinnati when Casey played for the Reds and played a song in the clubhouse. Casey gave him a bat then. What goes around, comes around: On the back of the guitar, Vedder inscribed, “Love to you Sean, Eddie Vedder.”

Now time to destory the MFY this weekend.......going tomorrow - can't wait.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    Class attracts Class.

Sean Casey is the most well liked player in MLB and Ed is, well Ed.

nice story.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    share wrote:

Sean Casey is the most well liked player in MLB and Ed is, well Ed.

Correct by a landslide:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/05/16/0521poll/index.html

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    of course he's the coolest, he is a Red Sock and a Pearl Jam fan!!!
  • Options
    emily6371emily6371 Posts: 202
    Thanks for sharing. I'm from Cincinnati, and love Sean Casey. He is a class act and is missed here. I love when my favs collide.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting that. Nothing better than Pearl Jam and the Red Sox. Have a great time at the game!
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    WE WIN AGAIN!!!!!

(ok.. let me have it!)

;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Dowder5167Dowder5167 Posts: 195
    Read that in the paper this morning, it's great how he has fit in with the team so quickly. Also how fast he has become a fan favorite. The article made me like him that much more.
  • Options
    Love to any Spider PJ fans.