Options

Jessie's GIrl

InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
edited July 2008 in The Porch
hahahahaaha my buddy yelled that at Camden I.....then Ted Leo started playing it. It was fucken hillarious.
Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    we know, you've mentioned it. front row, drunk, rocking out, cowboy hat, we know the whole sordid affair.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I think this is a case of "had to be there"
  • Options
    i think I mentione it once sorry it was exciting

I've never been so close before
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    we know, you've mentioned it. front row, drunk, rocking out, cowboy hat, we know the whole sordid affair.

and don't tell me you don't find him playing that funny
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    i know im just giving you a hard time, i have a good memory, youve only mentioned it once that ive seen...... yelling any song and then the band playing it would be pretty funny, never mind jesssies girl
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    I was there too, that was da funne.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    gawd i hate that song! and it's a 'running joke' with my husband's band. one of the guitarists really likes the song, knows i hate it, and while it's been a long time, thank bejeebus - on the occasion he could get the rest of the band to play along, they'd play it....and 'dedicate' it to me. yes, we have a love/hate relationship. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I agree its not a very good song. Its one of those shitty 80s songs that everyone pretends to hate, but everyone really loves. It's a party song.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Oxxys wrote:
    I agree its not a very good song. Its one of those shitty 80s songs that everyone pretends to hate, but everyone really loves. It's a party song.

no.
    i really, really, really hate it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    same chords as "Its OK" just faster
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    PJLaurPJLaur Posts: 78
    Oxxys wrote:
    hahahahaaha my buddy yelled that at Camden I.....then Ted Leo started playing it. It was fucken hillarious.

I vaguely remember them playing that now that you mention it. I felt like no one was really paying attention to them.
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I love on the EV San Diego bootleg when someone yells it out...

"I don't know Jessie's Girl... But even if I did know it I wouldn't play it because of the amount of respect you would lose for me.."
  • Options
    PJLaur wrote:
    I vaguely remember them playing that now that you mention it. I felt like no one was really paying attention to them.

He only did it for like two seconds and then pointed at us laughing.
  • Options
    Reddev10Reddev10 Posts: 63
    I remember someone yelling that out at the concert.
    Terry
    www.myspace.com/terryphilly
  • Options
    your friend should be flogged for even yelling that shit :D
  • Options
    your friend should be flogged for even yelling that shit :D

He was doing it to be stupid its not like he actually wanted to hear it.