Options

Eureka, I've Got It: HOW TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY! [dead serious!]

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Okay,
my last idea was bad ... cause it involved fascist opression ... ie ... kicking out the high numbers by force.

HERE IS A GREAT IDEA, THOUGH:

Because there are so many greed jerks around here who think they are OWED tickets, because they paid "EXTRA" to join the 10C just to get tickets: HERE IS A A GREAT SOLUTION:

After this tour, and before the new album (fingers crossed) comes out ...

10C should post an announcement saying:

"We are extremely sorry and upset to have to announce the following, however due to unreasonable demands placed on our staff over ticketing concerns, THE TENCLUB WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO ISSUE FANCLUB TICKETS TO MEMBERS OF THE CLUB. Therefore the price for your next renewal, should you chose to remain a member, will be only TEN DOLLARS, however we understand if you no longer want to renew, and therefore can only offer our apologies. We hope to see you around in the future. Love, 10C"

THEN ... here is the big kicker ...
you wait one year ... which hopefully is just after the new album is released ... and you ... GASP ...

announce ... "TENCLUB WILL ONCE AGAIN BE OFFERING TICKETS TO CLUB MEMBERS, However, there will be an additonal service charge to recoup the difference between your 10c fee since we decreased it last year, thinking we could not offer tickets"

HOPEFULLY THAT FLUSHES OUT ALL THE GREEDY A-HOLES WHO ARE ONLY IN THE CLUB TO GET TICKETS, AND WHO HAVE NO LOYALTY.

Seriously.
Please, raise your hand if you remember what it was like to be a tenclub member JUST because you liked this fucking band, and they didn't offer you a goddamn thing, other than a 45rpm vinyl and two newsletters!

:D
-dbts-
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    This is stupid also. I am only in the 10c for the ticket OPPORTUNITY, but I do understand that means I might not get tickets. I like the 10c, but just for the chance of tickets. I don't see how that makes me greedy if I accept that I might not get tickets. I shouldn't lose that opportunity.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    well....here is my solution...

for shows like MSG...or the VIC...

special shows in general....

just have a lottery....people request tickets...

and whoever wins....WINS!!!!

that way everyone has a fair shot....

i realize everyone has a fair shot with the current system......but it is just so aggravating this way.....and i always feel so bad for people here who try for 3 hours and get shut out....

but what the fuck do i know????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Watching this makes me happy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vIhfGRUaX6s
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    If there was a lottery....trust me, the people who didn't get tickets would be just as upset and would be crying foul louder than ever....especially if they could speculate that certain people were automatically "randomly" chosen.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    rjbukowskirjbukowski Posts: 117
    Speedy, that is a horrible idea because obviously the Ten Club does EVERYTHING correctly, at least that is what 99% of the members on here think.

and I admit, I have no loyalty, I have only been to over 20 shows, flown across the country, drove hundreds of miles to see them, maintained my membership for 13 years, etc...but I have not loyalty because I think there is a better way to distribute tickets...
  • Options
    Seriously.
    Please, raise your hand if you remember what it was like to be a tenclub member JUST because you liked this fucking band, and they didn't offer you a goddamn thing, other than a 45rpm vinyl and two newsletters!

you lost me at hello, but i def remember those days.
    It's an art to live with pain...mix the light into grey..

9.28.96, 9.8.98, 8.24.00, 8.27.00, 8.29.00, 7.2.03, 7.3.03, 7.9.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 5.1.06, 5.13.06, 5.31.06, 6.1.06, 6.3.06, 6.24.08, 6.25.08, 6.27.08, 6.28.08, 6.30.08
  • Options
    Lottery Would Be Good
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    well....here is my solution...

for shows like MSG...or the VIC...

special shows in general....

just have a lottery....people request tickets...

and whoever wins....WINS!!!!

that way everyone has a fair shot....

i realize everyone has a fair shot with the current system......but it is just so aggravating this way.....and i always feel so bad for people here who try for 3 hours and get shut out....

but what the fuck do i know????

Holy Shit!! two times in one week i agree with SPEEDY!!!!

this is the best idea i have heard put forth.

oh and SPEEDY , Cincy 06 Rocked !!!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    voodoopug wrote:
    If there was a lottery....trust me, the people who didn't get tickets would be just as upset and would be crying foul louder than ever....especially if they could speculate that certain people were automatically "randomly" chosen.
    people would be upset...

but people wouldnt be spending 3 hours on a computer....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    um...did I miss something? Isn't everyone only in the 10c for tickets???

why else would you join?
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Boo-ya wrote:
    Speedy, that is a horrible idea because obviously the Ten Club does EVERYTHING correctly, at least that is what 99% of the members on here think.

and I admit, I have no loyalty, I have only been to over 20 shows, flown across the country, drove hundreds of miles to see them, maintained my membership for 13 years, etc...but I have not loyalty because I think there is a better way to distribute tickets...
    "

Okay Boo-ya, i tried to be nice in the thread you started, and im still trying to be nice, but pleeeeasse, WTF is this " better way to distribute tickets" ??? we are all ears my friend.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    i realize everyone has a fair shot with the current system......

I don't think so. I really think connection matters :(

Anyway, I'd rather have no tickets offered through tenclub right now.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Lottery Would Be Good

I don't think so. I like it this way more. Sure its aggravating, but at least I feel like it's in some way up to me to make it happen. With a lottery, well shit, I'd feel like it was totally out of my control and that sucks.
  • Options
    I say they send out a tour schedule, you list the shows you want to see, send it to the ten club and by ten club membership number they randomly select you. I have no problem with individuals who have lower membership numbers having a better chance then me, that is life, obviously if you are with someone longer you are going to get better "preaks" then someone who just cam along. Then you get an email stating if you were selected for any shows. At least I know that they are looking at the more "loyal" fans who have been around longer and giving them a better chance to see the show. My number is 141xxx, so there are people who should get a better chance then me, and I accept that
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Seriously.
    quote]

hand raised, I didn't even know the fanclub did tickets when I joined in 94. I just wanted to get the holiday single and tour news. Back then the internet didn't provide shit, and Radio, record sores, and m fucking tv were our sources for tour info. Or you could call ticketmaster (ug)

When I found out the fan club provided tickets it wasn't until Milwaukee and Sodier Field(everyone on Earth got tix for that show)

Long Live Swallow My Pride my first fanclub single

they used to do mail orders...you think this is a nightmare, try waiting 6 weeks to find out if you have tickets or not!
    This system may suck in a lot of ways, but it far surpassess the older way. At least everyone is aware, and has an equal chance to get seats.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    HAND RASIED HIGH!!!!!

You know...In ALL SERIOUSNESS...This is prob going to happen very soon. There is only so much that anyone, let ALONE a FANCLUB cant take. If the people bitching would put half as much energy into finding another avenue for tickets as they did the bitching itself, you would probably find that it is pretty simple. I cannot tell you how many times that I have either gotten shut out of a presale, or just simply didnt bother trying and just did a little asking around or a few pms here and there and have found myself some great seats and made some good friends in the process.

Yet, inevitably this continues to happen and you folks that are complaining feel as though you are owed something. All that has ever been afforded to you is the opportunity to have a SHOT at tickets. Nothing has ever been guaranteed. EVERYONE knows this going in AND knows there is the possibilty there will be a crash...Yet you forge headlong into a trainwreck and you let it comepletly RUIN YOUR LIFE when it happens. PEOPLE....Put your energys into FINDING A WAY INTO the show you want, instead of looking like a baby on a MESSAGE board. I have never been more embarassed to say I am a member here than days like today. I know, you all feel you have the right to complain cause yo upiad your $20. Well, I also have the right to tell you how foolish you look doing it. Peace love and PJ folks....see you on the road.....;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    I was I could think right now, I meant "perks." I am still so pissed about today I can not think straight
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    So because I dont shop the 10-club site I'm not loyal???
    Because inbetween tours I have a rather normal life and dont feel the need to fight over versions of Leash I'm not as much of a fan as you.
    This was fair.... shitty, but fair.
    Shhhhh... you are annoying!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,733
    Okay,
    my last idea was bad ... cause it involved fascist opression ... ie ... kicking out the high numbers by force.

HERE IS A GREAT IDEA, THOUGH:

Because there are so many greed jerks around here who think they are OWED tickets, because they paid "EXTRA" to join the 10C just to get tickets: HERE IS A A GREAT SOLUTION:

After this tour, and before the new album (fingers crossed) comes out ...

10C should post an announcement saying:

"We are extremely sorry and upset to have to announce the following, however due to unreasonable demands placed on our staff over ticketing concerns, THE TENCLUB WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO ISSUE FANCLUB TICKETS TO MEMBERS OF THE CLUB. Therefore the price for your next renewal, should you chose to remain a member, will be only TEN DOLLARS, however we understand if you no longer want to renew, and therefore can only offer our apologies. We hope to see you around in the future. Love, 10C"

THEN ... here is the big kicker ...
    you wait one year ... which hopefully is just after the new album is released ... and you ... GASP ...

announce ... "TENCLUB WILL ONCE AGAIN BE OFFERING TICKETS TO CLUB MEMBERS, However, there will be an additonal service charge to recoup the difference between your 10c fee since we decreased it last year, thinking we could not offer tickets"

HOPEFULLY THAT FLUSHES OUT ALL THE GREEDY A-HOLES WHO ARE ONLY IN THE CLUB TO GET TICKETS, AND WHO HAVE NO LOYALTY.

Seriously.

:D
    -dbts-

you: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Kz7YUdy-Cg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HAND RASIED HIGH!!!!!

You know...In ALL SERIOUSNESS...This is prob going to happen very soon. There is only so much that anyone, let ALONE a FANCLUB cant take. If the people bitching would put half as much energy into finding another avenue for tickets as they did the bitching itself, you would probably find that it is pretty simple. I cannot tell you how many times that I have either gotten shut out of a presale, or just simply didnt bother trying and just did a little asking around or a few pms here and there and have found myself some great seats and made some good friends in the process.

Yet, inevitably this continues to happen and you folks that are complaining feel as though you are owed something. All that has ever been afforded to you is the opportunity to have a SHOT at tickets. Nothing has ever been guaranteed. EVERYONE knows this going in AND knows there is the possibilty there will be a crash...Yet you forge headlong into a trainwreck and you let it comepletly RUIN YOUR LIFE when it happens. PEOPLE....Put your energys into FINDING A WAY INTO the show you want, instead of looking like a baby on a MESSAGE board. I have never been more embarassed to say I am a member here than days like today. I know, you all feel you have the right to complain cause yo upiad your $20. Well, I also have the right to tell you how foolish you look doing it. Peace love and PJ folks....see you on the road.....;)

I would think that by this point they are pretty thick skinned and probably even get a laugh out of the groundless complaints. We live in a society that is overrun with entitlement and there is no way to get around it and of course no way not to expect it.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    wow, I am lucky this is the first time in years that I have posted on here, because all people do if they do not agree with you is say you are an idiot and you are not loyal, which are two really good arguments. It sounds like a presidential election in here
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    Boo-ya wrote:
    wow, I am lucky this is the first time in years that I have posted on here, because all people do if they do not agree with you is say you are an idiot and you are not loyal, which are two really good arguments. It sounds like a presidential election in here
    So, do you need a date to MSG nights 1 and 2?
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    One thing they could do is limit each member to one show of 10C tickets per tour. That probably would have helped with MSG.
  • Options
    Boo-ya wrote:
    I say they send out a tour schedule, you list the shows you want to see, send it to the ten club and by ten club membership number they randomly select you. I have no problem with individuals who have lower membership numbers having a better chance then me, that is life, obviously if you are with someone longer you are going to get better "preaks" then someone who just cam along. Then you get an email stating if you were selected for any shows. At least I know that they are looking at the more "loyal" fans who have been around longer and giving them a better chance to see the show. My number is 141xxx, so there are people who should get a better chance then me, and I accept that

That's ridiculous. You only like that system because you have a low 10c #. But, how can you argue that you are a "more loyal fan" than someone like me, just because you're older than I am. I have been in the club as long as I have loved and could afford to be in it on my own. Even though that's only a few years, theres no way you can tell me you're more loyal than I am. I think having a chance a better seats is more than enough perks for those with better numbers.
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    Take away all the ticket shit, and it's still a good deal..

1 Deep: $4.50
    2 Deep: $4.50
    Xmas Single: $6
    Postage for all: $5
    Total: $20

Being able to get tickets if you're lucky: Priceless
  • Options
    One thing they could do is limit each member to one show of 10C tickets per tour. That probably would have helped with MSG.

that's what they did up until 2003.
  • Options
    that's what they did up until 2003.

on a large scale tour, it would slow down the demand, but the new system allows more ten club members to travel to multiple shows.

With their being extremely limited dates this tour, Limiting to one shows would have probably only split up the MSG1 and 2 folks, because with the exception of DC and maybe Mansfield, none of the shows even come close to MSG as far as a destination for the out of town fan from the list of shows this year.
  • Options
    sometimes you get the shit end of the stick! man the fuck up and stop whining.

they don't need to change shit,everyone had a fair chance to get tix.

the only ones who wanna change the system are the ones who got shut out!

fuck a lottery,that's a bullshit way of doing things.

if you love PJ enough you'll get tix,by hook or crook,like i do.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Lottery is the way to go...everyone that wants confirms by X date, if there isn't a huge demand, they all get - if not, the computer randomly distributes. You get an email at 1:00 PDT telling you if you scored or not. The system is pretty fucking random anyhow. This simply saves hours of time wasted staring at "Page Cannot Load" screen.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I came for the 45 (with hand raised) but stayed for the tickets. That is an awesome perk for my fandom.