Wich old great band Pj is closer ? Led ZeP,Who or The Stones ?

MeaninglessMeaningless Posts: 55
edited March 2008 in The Porch
and explain Why
"Actually we could do a commercial for Dodge, Can't Find A Better Van"
E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• and explain Why

you don't tell me what to do...
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,278
    none of the above in my mind ,maybe CREDENCE CLEAR WATER REVIVAL BEING AN AMERICAN BAND ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    The Who

Not because of anyhting to do with eddie though.
    They don't have as many hits as The Stones and not hard enought to be Zepplin. They do have a cult like fan base.
  • you don't tell me what to do...

You don't know me!
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Based on Ed's response to the question that was misspelled on storytellers, I think you have an obligation to edit your heading to this post so it is spelled corretly. Let's keep grammar alive people!
    rockon
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    I'd answer the question if I had any idea what exactly it is.

Clarify please.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • they aren't like anyone but themselves,that's why i love them.
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Led Zep has a similar ratio of both hard and soft songs. In terms of musical catalogue, I think they're most similar to Zep
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    back in 96 I used to tell my buddies (who fell out with PJ after the first lp...those fucking poseurs) that this band is the next Led Zeppelin. They all laughed at me. I said it more because at the time they were balls out rockin, with the long hair, and I always thought their album artwork was similar to Zep's in that they both had funky shit going on (Zep's III turning wheel, In Through the Out Door's brown bag, etc.>>>>>Pearl Jam's polaroids, Vitalogy feels like a book, etc.) and they both had no words or little words on their covers. Now of course I think differently. they are probably more in tune with The Who. only because Zeppelin was/is massive in terms of audience, while Pearl Jam's audience is probably closer to The Who's.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,724
    You don't know me!

You're not dealing with morons here.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    If you HAD to compare them to a band.. Grateful Dead! No question. Why?

-Obviously Pearl Jam has a pretty hefty following (such as GD)

-Known for their live shows ( Pearl Jam / Grateful Dead)

-Known for doing ALOT of live shows (Pearl Jam/ Grateful Dead)

- Chemical "X" ( i read a really interesting article where Jerry Garcia talked about a certain vibe that would be present while they played shows, he called it "chemical x" as it is an unexplainable and impossible to pin point)

I think pearl jam is probably the only other band that has produced (or help produced ) such a substance :D

I can also see pearl jam playing shows up until their 60s ... much like the dead