Options

Where is the Bonnaroo mp3?

PIPERSTONPIPERSTON Posts: 11
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Is this still going to become available today for those of us who preordered it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ute LewUte Lew West Point, UT Posts: 127
    Hope so but its getting late in the day, I doubt its up today.
    • SLC   11/1/95 
    • SLC   11/2/95
    • PC   06/21/98 
    • LV    07/11/98
    • LV    10/22/00
    • MV   10/20/01
    • MV   10/21/01
    • MV   06/01/03
    • IR     06/02/03
    • IR     06/03/03
    • SD   06/05/03
    • LV    06/06/03
    • DN   07/02/06
    • DN   07/03/06
    • LV    07/06/06
    • SD   07/07/06
    • LA    07/09/06
    • LA    07/10/06
    • SLC  09/28/09
    • LA    10/07/09
    • SD    10/09/09
    • BOS 08/07/16
    • MON 08/13/18
    • PHX  05/09/22
    • LV     05/20/22 (Canceled: Fuck you Covid)
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    They need to make sure they drown Mike out totally, make sure the backing vocals are louder than Ed, make sure it has a ton of bass, and make sure they go up and down with the volume just enough....Then it will be ready.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    I got an email saying that the Bonnaroo boot release will be delayed a bit...didnt others get this?
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    zootown wrote:
    I got an email saying that the Bonnaroo boot release will be delayed a bit...didnt others get this?

Yeah on the 28th when it was first supposed to be finished.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    zootown wrote:

Yes, but in goods under profile, it says it will be ready 6/30, which is today. That is why everyone is wondering what is going on.
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Ute Lew wrote:
    Hope so but its getting late in the day, I doubt its up today.

Wasn't Columbia released last night at like 11?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    culot4 wrote:
    They need to make sure they drown Mike out totally, make sure the backing vocals are louder than Ed, make sure it has a ton of bass, and make sure they go up and down with the volume just enough....Then it will be ready.

tons of bass?? thats weird, I can hardly listen to Jeff in the past tour boots. Hope things get better with bonaroo
  • Options
    pouch15 wrote:
    tons of bass?? thats weird, I can hardly listen to Jeff in the past tour boots. Hope things get better with bonaroo

Tampa and WPB sound like they were mixed by Jay-Z or something. You don't hear Jeff per say, you just hear your speakers putting out way over the top constant bass. I had to turn my bass almost off just to hear anything else.
  • Options
    VedderBlueVedderBlue Posts: 40
    culot4 wrote:
    Tampa and WPB sound like they were mixed by Jay-Z or something.

LOL! I thought the same thing. FFS the bass is to much, hopefull they correct this.
    45 Shows & Counting!!!
  • Options
    amungusamungus Posts: 4
    ...First off, hello to everyone, I don't post here much, and it's been awhile :)

I'm willing to wait if they need more time to make these mixes nice.
    Won't lie that I am itching to hear this though! Kind of like a tease that they said it'd be pushed back 'til today and it's still unavailable...

Would think that "the 30th" means by the morning, or at least earlier than now :(
    ...Maybe at least "business day" (Pacific time, of course) by 5pm.

Either way, it's got to be some serious work to mix however many channels, for a 3hr. set, and then master it, and then upload it...
    Speaking from experience, sometimes mixing just takes more time than you anticipate, even with built in time for breaks etc.

This is something that it seems they want to make the best they can - it was a big show, and I'm sure lots of those who attended would like to buy a good recording. Heck, I wasn't there, but it was a big enough show that PJ made all sorts of news - and I thought "that'd be too awesome to be able to buy this show on their site like they did in '06"

Well, I am glad they're doing the "official bootleg" thing again.
    Really is a good deal to get a (usually very good) quality recording, IMHO.

Reading about the funky mixes on some recent shows, I'd be fine with waiting a little while longer so that things can sound as best they can. ...Speaking of that, I went for FLAC, but thought this thread was still applicable to my/our anticipation of this show.

Whenever it is finally out, I will be ready to download it!

Cheers to everyone here,
    take care
  • Options
    tenforthewintenforthewin Posts: 177
    culot4 wrote:

I lol'd
    Bonnaroo '08
  • Options
    huck5huck5 Posts: 91
    culot4 wrote:
    Tampa and WPB sound like they were mixed by Jay-Z or something. You don't hear Jeff per say, you just hear your speakers putting out way over the top constant bass. I had to turn my bass almost off just to hear anything else.

so now Kayne has screwed up the boots to get back at PJ?