I love it when people give props to PJ on TV

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited January 2008 in The Porch
The VH1 countdown is on again and they just talked about "Jeremy", I love it at the end, some guy says " I always make it a point to see them when they come around on tour, They are a really great band."

Could not agree more my good man!
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• __ Posts: 6,651
    The VH1 countdown is on again and they just talked about "Jeremy"

That's funny. It must have been on some other time recently because my 60-year-old office mate - who had never previously heard of Pearl Jam but now knows much more about them than she ever wanted to - was excited to tell me one morning not too long ago that she couldn't sleep the night before so she started flipping through the TV channels and found some guy on VH1 talking about Pearl Jam. She said he was talking about this song they had done called "Shane" and how amazing it was. Now I had never heard of this song, but I don't know everything there is to know about Pearl Jam so I was excited to learn of another song that was new to me. I started searching for it on their website and couldn't find it. I searched for songs that contained the name Shane. I think I had just started a Google search when she said it was about it kid who shocked everyone by killing himself at school. Of course then I realized she was talking about Jeremy. It was really funny at the time though. And I'm happy to have friends at work who try to get excited about my interests, despite the generation gap.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Yeh it is cool. I heard an ex aussie rugby player going through his pre-match routine. and it was "sit and listen to Pearl Jam on my I-Pod" Good on ya Ben Tune.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Doodah972Doodah972 Posts: 146
    yea i always love seeing people on tv talking about pj...i get all exited.
    "I changed by not changing at all"