Options

Am I the only one that doesn't want to see them at Bonnaroo???

Comments

• Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I would much rather see a PJ concert. Festivals are cool because you get to see alot of bands but as far as PJ was concerned I thought Lollapalooza sucked. I would much rather have an assigned seat rather than being packed in like a bunch of Sardines with people who haven't showered in days only to hear the Rearview Mirror LP minus Who You Are. To me they are much better when playing to their own fans than people who haven't heard anything since Vitalogy... I guess it's just not my cup of tea. To all those who do go have a great time and think of me when they play an amazing set just to spite me..

I should say that if it appears this is the only show they will play I will be forced to go...

Thank you , I could not agree more. Got slammed on another thread for voicing this opinion...
    I wanna tell you that I love you, but does it really matter? ...first show 12-31-91 w/RHCP and Nirvana.
  • Options
    I love festivals and I love Pearl Jam.

Machester, TN in 08!!!!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    I am just glad that PJ will finally be in the South but I do hope they will play some other cities in the South.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    Dont want to go.....but probably will anyway....hope the ratio of showered people to stanky people is up from last year...
  • Options
    JzacurJzacur Posts: 64
    Man worst possible time for me to have them play Bonnaroo. I don't really like festivals but had a blast last year at the Lolla show. This year though I'm studying abroad for the entire year and will need to save money for the trip and all that jazz. Tis a bummer
    9/28/05 PNC Park Pittsburgh- 6/23/06 Mellon Arena Pittsburgh- 8/02/07 The Vic- 8/05/07- Lollapalooza 6/22/08 DC
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    completely agree with original post. and that being said, I hope Pearl Jam doesn't turn into one of those "festival bands" that plays festivals every damn year, yet doesn't really do much new stuff on their own or tour on their own much. Come on...last year was all about the Lolla (if you were a PJ fan in the US) and this year it's the 'Roo???? Tour, damn you.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    i love festivals, i can trick my friends into hearing the greatest band on earth, and hear plenty of other great bands.
  • Options
    daughter68 wrote:
    I totally agree with you; we went to Lolla last year with the same attitude and we ended up having a great time. I would rather have the chance to see them at a festival than to not seem them at all.

I think I've changed my mind now though, I though the line up would be more to my liking besides PJ and Metallica just kinda ruined the line up for me....

I think I'm sit this one and save the money and fly anywhere else they are playing later in the year....

We had already made plans and everything to go but the line up completely turned us off I guess...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    nope, won't see me at any festival shows either

just don't interest me

same here. if it was the only way i could see them in like ......IDK ... 6 years or something, i would go. but i dont think it has come to that, so , you will not see me there. ( shit, unless my GF decides to buy tickets because she will not believe that i dont want to see PJ , just thought of that ) okay, so you might see me there, but not because i buy the tix.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    PLUS a festival gives you the opportunity to experience Pearl Jam like it was back in the day where there actually is a PIT! No longer will you be forced to stay within your row or behind the tape the crew places on the floor surrounding the seats on the floor. It's time to break free!

Next time, come and break free in Europe.. it's always like that!
  • Options
    upina2001 wrote:
    i have gone to festivals; will still go to festivals; but I'd rather see PJ at Deer Creek Bitches. :D

But if the Roo is my only choice, I'll be there.

I agree... I was dissapointed they didn't stop there in '06
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    TheGossman wrote:
    I will go where the band decides to go, I'd rather see them at their own show, but fuck atleast they are playing, I'm greatful they are still a band after all these years, suck it up people, they wont be around forever!
    thats exactly how i feel. i can totally appreciate and understand that some people don't want to see them in a festival enviroment. each to their own. i've seen them 12 times now and each time i think realistically how much longer are they gonna do this. i'm gonna soak up every second i can. while i can.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,777
    FUCK! When did that happen?! I was hoping there would be an outside shot Pearl Jam would also announce they were playing there considering the proximity to Phila/NY/Boston and this area is such a stronghold for the band.

It was in the paper a few weeks ago. The North Jersey festival was scheduled for the same weekend. That and all the bitching the residents of Vineland did trying to get it cancelled probably helped in their decision making.

In reply to Red Lukin, complaining, bitching, whining - first of all, not all the same, and second, I still don't see any of that here, just people saying they don't care for festival shows and will not be attending.
  • Options
    I bet they play a longer than average set
    bonnaroo doesnt limit headliners and radiohead played for like 3 and a half hours
    "Till there was rock you only had God"
    -David Bowie
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Pegasus wrote:
    NEVER!
    seated shows suck. I'd rather be in a pit with sweaty rocking people ANY time! and if Lolla is anything to go by, US pits are really soft anyway.

plus festivals do rock, camping ones at least; there's the whole athmosphere, the bands to discover. The only drawback is shorter sets (greatest hits can still work, see Hurricane one, that was kick ass being there) and I understand that is a non-issue at Bonarroo for the headliners.
    Too right.

Pansies, the lot of yas. Spoilt by your 10c seating, losing sight of the energy of GA.

Sandra, you'll have no problems mowing your way to the front. You'll just have to figure out what to do with yourself when MMJ come on :)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    No interest in this at all.(unless they broadcast it over the internet)
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    No interest in this at all.(unless they broadcast it over the internet)

I think it will be online. Hopefully AT&T won't censor PJ this time.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Festivals suck ass......
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    I see your point about being packed in, but, they are exposing themselves to people who wouldn't normally listen to their music.

But, I'm pretty bummed that they aren't doing a summer tour. I thought that's would be what they did after 10C sent out that email.
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    Unless I can get some "inside help" like I did to score backstage passes at Lolla, I won't be going to Bonnaroo.

I love Pearl Jam but I hate sweaty crowds of people in my personal space. Call me a pansy but nothing pisses me off more than people pushing or bumping into me and I don't want to run the risk of accidentally punching someone in the face if I am jostled. :D
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    yes!
    that which doesn't kill me makes me talk more - help me wipe the gravy off my back
  • Options
    Unless I can get some "inside help" like I did to score backstage passes at Lolla, I won't be going to Bonnaroo.

I love Pearl Jam but I hate sweaty crowds of people in my personal space. Call me a pansy but nothing pisses me off more than people pushing or bumping into me and I don't want to run the risk of accidentally punching someone in the face if I am jostled. :D
    jostled????

hehehehehehehehe..........................

hello sunshine.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

amen sister!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I would much rather see a PJ concert. Festivals are cool because you get to see alot of bands but as far as PJ was concerned I thought Lollapalooza sucked. I would much rather have an assigned seat rather than being packed in like a bunch of Sardines with people who haven't showered in days only to hear the Rearview Mirror LP minus Who You Are. To me they are much better when playing to their own fans than people who haven't heard anything since Vitalogy... I guess it's just not my cup of tea. To all those who do go have a great time and think of me when they play an amazing set just to spite me..

I should say that if it appears this is the only show they will play I will be forced to go...

to answer your original question, NO, u are not the only one that doesnt want to see them at bonnaroo. :)

lolla was great. the boys won over old fans who talked trash and said they cant rock anymore. and they also kept current fans. everybody wins. bonnaroo is NOT the only show. THINK POSITIVE ;)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    I would love to see them... i prefer a non-festival atmosphere because you can actually see the band... at festivals you are stuck watching a screen unless you cram with 50,000 others...

also, why would they do this festival on Fathers Day weekend? killed it for me... it is also my daughters b-day... so it kills it in both aspects.

lets get some club dates instead.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Is Bonaroo webcasted? I hope so, then we all can see pj's set.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    Is Bonaroo webcasted? I hope so, then we all can see pj's set.
    i was wondering that myself. did they do that last year for the headliners?
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:

Don't go....stay at home save your money!!!

It's really quite simple...get over it and stop wimpering...
    the Minions
  • Options
    jordn6971 wrote:
    I think most of us would rather them not play festivals.
    speak for yourself...
    the Minions
  • Options
    Unbelievable. I would love to see PJ anywhere. Festival would actually be cool so the stiffs (usual older bitchy spoiled PJ fans with good Ten Club #'s) are not up front rooting for the band to bore the crowd with "Other Side" and moping when they play WWS, Life Wasted and Severed in the same order they did in the last city. . Play festivals, play 'Go' and 'Corduroy' and have fun. I know I will regardless of song order or not having "assigned seats".