Options

Yellow Ledbetter....

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Does it belong on Lost Dogs, or Greatest Hits??
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    It belongs on the Jeremy single. :)
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    It belongs on the Jeremy single. :)

good answer. ; )
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    It wasn't on an album, so it belongs on Lost Dogs.

But a lot of people who aren't huge fans are familiar with the song, so it belongs on the greatest hits.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    It belongs at the finale of every concert!! I am so lucky that most of the shows I've attended have closed with this song. It really cements the shows for me, and makes me so melancholy as the song is bittersweet because I know it's the last one I'll hear until my next show. But I love it as a closer and I say every show should end with YLB!!!!
  • Options
    Does it belong on Lost Dogs, or Greatest Hits??

I don't think it would be safe on Lost Dogs, the vocals would be re-recorded immediately and the song would die. On Greatest Hits, though, it would do, because technically it always has been a favorite. Why is the Jeremy single still in stock? Because not only does it include the megahit "Jeremy", but also "Yellow Ledbetter". Personally, though, I think they should resume selling all the 1995 updated US singles (and the "Alive" EP from '96). I have a couple of them, hoping to get all soon, but it's easier getting a new copy at Best Buy rather than trying to find good prices with a "new" condition on Amazon.
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    It wasn't on an album, so it belongs on Lost Dogs.

But a lot of people who aren't huge fans are familiar with the song, so it belongs on the greatest hits.

yeah those are the two schools of thought I guess. I go with greatest hits. it's gets play on classic rock and alternative rock stations so it's hardly a 'rarity.' Last Kiss shouldn't be on Lost Dogs either. maybe when they made Lost Dogs they didn't know they would be putting out a greatest hits later on.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    It belongs on a new album, rerecorded, the way they play it now, without the pussy sounding guitar.
  • Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    xkevvx wrote:
    It belongs on a new album, rerecorded, the way they play it now, without the pussy sounding guitar.
    what's that mean? please explain 'pussy sounding guitar'
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    chikevin wrote:
    what's that mean? please explain 'pussy sounding guitar'

Well, I mean...I like the studio version, but the way Mike plays it live with the distortion or whatever, I think it sounds soooooo much cooler. I would love a studio version like that.
  • Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    xkevvx wrote:
    Well, I mean...I like the studio version, but the way Mike plays it live with the distortion or whatever, I think it sounds soooooo much cooler. I would love a studio version like that.
    i can respect that.
    different times, though...ya know?
    i don't know if i'd call it pussy, but at least you have an argument.
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:

Let's see, I'm going to listen to it for about the 500th time and see if I can find the "pussy" sounding guitar.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"