Options

The Official Play The South Petition looks pretty SAD..now..

2»

Comments

• Options
    PrlJam27PrlJam27 Colonia, NJ Posts: 346
    You'll hear no complaining from Dixie!!!

No complaining from Dixie?? I've seen and 8000 page thread that states otherwise. heh, j/k!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I don't care who is from the South or who is from the North...all I know is I'm Great! :D
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I can't believe people are talking Civil War smack on this thread.

Holy. Shit.

For realz.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    the CW smack is to scare you pussys away.
    and i can't believe it's working.
    are people actually SCARED to come here?
    why are there tixs left?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Last time I checked, the South did lose the war.

I didnt know the South lost the war in Iraq! Shit, I gotta pack my bags...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    they ALWAYS used to play the south, it was only in 06 that they skipped the region and a lot of us were left out because we waited thinking they would announce another leg that never happened. you people who are dogging out the south sound so ignorant. oh well, i'm happy because i get to see my favorite band again without having to travel very far and i could care less if the fan club tickets sold out or not, i got mine and i dont have to come on this board now and cry like a baby about how i got shut out and the ten club screwed me over!
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    wow!!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    How hard is it to understand that these places have a much smaller population? Smaller population=smaller amount of people who may be fans. The percentage of the population that are tenclub members is probably close to the same in each region.

The percentage of 1,000,000 is going to be larger than the percentage of 500,000 or whatever number. It's simple math.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    And who the fuck talks about the civil war down here? :confused:

You guys must talk to some old ass rednecks, whose time has came and then gone a long time ago. It's a mindless stereotype.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    wait till september
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    sick and tired of these fucking threads.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    sick and tired of these fucking threads.

A fucking men!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    crashing88crashing88 Posts: 203
    I think Atlanta probably would have sold out. Maybe... don't hurt me.
  • Options
    cashcash Posts: 55
    Well..hartfords still onsale you whiney NE bitches
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe there are less ten club members in the south?
  • Options
    cashcash Posts: 55
    Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe there are less ten club members in the south?
    Ive mentioned this literally in every thread like this.

Fans does not always equal Ten Clumb memberships.
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    crashing88 wrote:
    I think Atlanta probably would have sold out. Maybe... don't hurt me.

I agree... I think they made some odd choices for cities.. West Palm Beach is not that far from Tampa.. relatively speaking.. they could have went to Atlanta instead of Tampa for sure.. but they run the show.. You can't please everyone.. ever.. I was just bored when I created this monster of a thread.. sorry South..no ill will.. PJ tries their best to please everyone.. I think.. it just takes them awhile to make it to all the stops..
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    I agree... I think they made some odd choices for cities.. West Palm Beach is not that far from Tampa.. relatively speaking.. they could have went to Atlanta instead of Tampa for sure.. but they run the show.. You can't please everyone.. ever.. I was just bored when I created this monster of a thread.. sorry South..no ill will.. PJ tries their best to please everyone.. I think.. it just takes them awhile to make it to all the stops..

Atlanta and NC got shows in 03, Asheville in 04 and SC hasn't gotten a show since 1998. I think it's about time. Share and share alike.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options

yeah but people(members) travel to shows all the time.

• Options
    And who the fuck talks about the civil war down here? :confused:

You guys must talk to some old ass rednecks, whose time has came and then gone a long time ago. It's a mindless stereotype.

i know right!
    it's gotta be all for play.
    i was playing on the prev page.

• Options
    crashing88crashing88 Posts: 203

Yeah, not sure why they didn't pick Atlanta. Maybe because they're playing Bonnaroo ~3 hours away. I still think Atlanta would have been a better choice than SC and FL.

I was at the 03 show. Was great! Crown of Thorns made it's debut there/here for that tour. Present Tense too I think.
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339

I agree..

Maybe it's because Florida is soooo far south...The Grateful Dead didn't go to Florida much...it's hard to just drive through Florida on your way to another state.. I think that is why most bands with traveling fans bases bypass Florida.. It is such a diverse state too..hard to judge ticket sales..
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options

People from the south were forced to travel to other cities but the people up north had shows and have them now so they aren't forced to travel here to see shows. I've seen PJ in Boston, Toronto and DC. If they played the south as often as the north and the roles were reversed, we'd been seeing the same thing. People in the north would be forced to travel down here if they wanted to see them and the shows would sell out. I'm not recommending PJ do that because, like I've said, the populations down here are smaller, it makes more sense for them to play up north more. I'm just pointing out reasons the tenclub tix haven't sold out.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    I agree..

Maybe it's because Florida is soooo far south...The Grateful Dead didn't go to Florida much...it's hard to just drive through Florida on your way to another state.. I think that is why most bands with traveling fans bases bypass Florida.. It is such a diverse state too..hard to judge ticket sales..

thank you. :)
    i mean i read all the time on here 'i'm flying here to see pj, i'm flying there to see pj'
    why there're tixs still left is beyond me. ??

Abookamongstthemany
    why won't northerners come south?

• Options
    i know right!
    it's gotta be all for play.
    i was playing on the prev page.

I figured you were. :)

-Oscar Wilde