So just how hard will it be to get 10c tickets??

DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
edited March 2008 in The Porch
i've been asking questions about this topic alot lately, but never really got very straight answers. my number is 405xxx. is it worth going through the trouble to buy through 10c? what kind of seats will that get me? and how impossible is it going to be to get 10c tickets? 405xxx hmm idk
2006: Hartford
2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
2011: Ed Solo Hartford
2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i've been asking questions about this topic alot lately, but never really got very straight answers. my number is 405xxx. is it worth going through the trouble to buy through 10c? what kind of seats will that get me? and how impossible is it going to be to get 10c tickets? 405xxx hmm idk

your # has NOTHING to do with your ability to BUY tix, only WHERE you willbe seated. besides, for the first time ever...rows 1-2 and 9-10 will be completely RANDOM, so there is a small chance you could be in the first row!

trick is, scoring 10c tix! and that is NOT an easy task...whether your # is utterly fantastic or utter shite. good luck to us all!

from a mediocre # ;)

oh and in regars to your seats...depends on the venue...how many 10clubbers in attendance, etc. yes, if you get straight seniority, your seats will be crappy compared to other 10clubbers, but STILL probabvly way better than thru TM. to me, 10c tix are ALWAYS worht taking the shot!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    your # has NOTHING to do with your ability to BUY tix, only WHERE you willbe seated. besides, for the first time ever...rows 1-2 and 9-10 will be completely RANDOM, so there is a small chance you could be in the first row!

trick is, scoring 10c tix! and that is NOT an easy task...whether your # is utterly fantastic or utter shite. good luck to us all!

from a mediocre # ;)

oh and in regars to your seats...depends on the venue...how many 10clubbers in attendance, etc. yes, if you get straight seniority, your seats will be crappy compared to other 10clubbers, but STILL probabvly way better than thru TM. to me, 10c tix are ALWAYS worht taking the shot!

thanks .. you know what too, i need 4 tix a show .. 2 from 10c, and 2 from ticketmaster .. i can see how it all plays out and what is better. do you think in general though, with that number i will still have "very good" seats per-say. not in comparison to everyone else, but if they are good. you know, clear shot of stage, not too far away ... all that
  • Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    It's usually not nearly as hard as it is to get the posters!

It just takes a hell of a lot of page refreshing... And 10C tix should be better than anything you'll get through Ticketmaster.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • They didn't say extremely limited, ie the Wachovia Center in '05, so I'm guessing it won't be to bad. It may take an hour or so but I'm sure most people who want them will get them.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,505
    lol. that's funny.

just as hard as it was last time!

*refresh, refresh, click, click, click, click*
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    holy shit, i didnt realize 10c #'s were up that high already...wow.
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    For the 2006 tour, I didn't have problem at all getting 10 Club tickets.

If I were you I would get 10 Club tickets. The first time I bought tickets I had been a member for about 3 years. I was happy with my seats, in the second tier of seats. I'm not that picky though and it was the best seats I had up to that point. Bottom line: 10 club is better than ticketmaster.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    thanks .. you know what too, i need 4 tix a show .. 2 from 10c, and 2 from ticketmaster .. i can see how it all plays out and what is better. do you think in general though, with that number i will still have "very good" seats per-say. not in comparison to everyone else, but if they are good. you know, clear shot of stage, not too far away ... all that

it really depends on the venue. do consider this tho: fanclub seats can only equal 10% of a venue's capacity, that REALLY means fanclub seats will be GOOD, no matter what.

back in 2003 without that limit, with my 257XXX # at MSG, i was up in the 200 level about midway back. decent enough view, WAY better than lots of other seats, etc....but yea, nothing 'fantastic.' nonetheless...happy to have em, KNOW i had em, and just be there.

overall, i think ANY 10c seat will be overall better than TM, unless you buy a single seat thru TM...or thru a broker, etc. i personally think 10c is the BEST bet for good seats, even with a shite #. and like i said, you never know...you could get front row! :eek: :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

thatgirl wrote:
    holy shit, i didnt realize 10c #'s were up that high already...wow.

i saw someone on here who posted 460xxx

i really hope 405xxx gets me good seats
  • 140xxx here :):):)
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    If you don't have high-speed internet at work will it be a problem to get tickets?
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    yeah, it just depends. at ER 1, my number is 359XXX, i got top row of a wing. ER 2, i got a section futher away on the wing, but 1st row, so it was like the floor. Both were great.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I went to 19 in 05, 28 shows in 06 and 5 last year. Never had any issues getting 10C tix when I opted to . A dear friend , and 10c member, was instrumental in helping me score tix on a number of shows.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    for 2006, I was frantic about getting tickets to Chicago I and II, so I took off work. I was one of the first ones when the sale hit, and had no problems getting tickets.

For the next shows I bought, Cincy, Pittsburgh, etc, I just waited until I got home from work. I think there were still 10c seats the next few days for some of the shows, too.

It will not be NEARLY as bad as tring to get Vic tickets, or Ed Solo tour tickets.

Those were in REALLY high demand, and at SMALL venues.

These will not be difficult, so dont go getting fired from your job.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    for 2006, I was frantic about getting tickets to Chicago I and II, so I took off work. I was one of the first ones when the sale hit, and had no problems getting tickets.

For the next shows I bought, Cincy, Pittsburgh, etc, I just waited until I got home from work. I think there were still 10c seats the next few days for some of the shows, too.

It will not be NEARLY as bad as tring to get Vic tickets, or Ed Solo tour tickets.

Those were in REALLY high demand, and at SMALL venues.

These will not be difficult, so dont go getting fired from your job.

love ya vedd, but i think you're high. :p i absolutely think MSG will be very difficult to score. i do. i truly do. i wish and hope not...hope i am uber-lucky, but yea...i think with the fan club ticket limits, high demand, etc....errrrrrr......difficult. hope you're right tho - i truly do!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    love ya vedd, but i think you're high. :p i absolutely think MSG will be very difficult to score. i do. i truly do. i wish and hope not...hope i am uber-lucky, but yea...i think with the fan club ticket limits, high demand, etc....errrrrrr......difficult. hope you're right tho - i truly do!

I agree with this, MSG will be difficult. I think 2006 NY shows were difficult as well, although I didnt try for them, so Im going on memory.

But I really had no problem whatsoever last tour.

Canada was easy too.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I have 315XXX and it's totally worth it!!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    i absolutely think MSG will be very difficult to score. i do. i truly do.

I concur! I truly concur!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Huskers20Huskers20 Posts: 80
    I don't know if I missed it or it has changed, but.

As a Member, can we literally try for 2 tix to every show? Or is it just 1 show. If I could get ten club tix to more than one show might follow them around, if not, I will need to plan better and "strategerize"

Huskers20
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Huskers20 wrote:

As a Member, can we literally try for 2 tix to every show? Or is it just 1 show. If I could get ten club tix to more than one show might follow them around, if not, I will need to plan better and "strategerize"

Huskers20

You can try for 2 tickets for each show... it changed on 2003 :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Huskers20 wrote:

Huskers20

i'm pretty sure they are all sold in pairs
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • I think this all depends on how many tickets the 10c has been able to reserve for us. If it really is only 10% or so, lots of people are going to be really upset come wed. But they were able to basically get the whole building in 03, so I am not sure why this would be any different. I know MSG is different, but you could get tickets to the gorge anytime up till they pulled the tickets off in 06. And there were lots of people making the trip out there. Like I said, it all depends on how many tickets they are able to reserve. But I do think that MSG will go much quicker than any other show.
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • I haven't run into any trouble getting fanclub tickets yet, so I wouldn't sweat it.
  • 2006 was smooth sailing, including the nj, boston, and philly shows...hopefully the same this time around...and as far as msg goes...I don't see how tix will be any harder to get the the jersey shows were in 06...same general population going for the tickets, I honestly don't see it being any worse just because it's at the garden
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    I've never had a problem getting tickets to the regular tour shows and dont recall seeing many complaints ofeople who were shut out.
  • well that is encouraging. I am looking forward to MSG, and would certainly prefer 10c seats to taking my chances with ticketbstard.
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • I have been a member since 06, but havent been active for nearly 6 months. I just renewed today. Do you think the system will really be sophisticated enough to block me from 10C seats? It said you had to be an active member since the 19th. I sure hope not...I hate when my irresponsibility bites me in the ass...
  • Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339

Kill yourself now!
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361

doesn't he have just as good a chance as anyone else to sit up front? it is random.

oh, and every year before this that i purchased tickets through the 10c it never got me better seats than my friend who isn't in the club and bought his through ticketmaster.

with the random seating this time around it obviously seems worth it...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
    SHIT!! thursday i'm gonna be in school when the 10c sale for hartford and boston go on!!! do you guys think buy like 3:00 they'll still have tickets avaliable??? if not i'll have to have someone do this for me but i reaaaally don't know who could figure out the whole system .. AAAAHHHH