Options

Let's do some simple math here (Tweet related)

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited March 2008 in The Porch
My apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I was thinking about this while running today:

a) The 10C has a presale for Eddie's solo shows; server problems ensue, people get pissed off about the ticket buying process, many have problems getting charged multiple times for tickets that they did not buy.

+

b) The 10C holds poster sales completely out of the blue this week. Both posters are highly sought after and put a strain on the server (especially the Dusseldorf).

+

c) The day of the second poster sale, the 10C announces a "tweet" for a mid-week announcement.

= The 10C must be getting prepared to sell something that is going to put a strain on their servers. It leads me to assume that they spent time working on the server between the ticket sales for Ed's tour and the poster sales of this week, and that the poster sales were a way to test out the server for the upcoming tweet.

Of course, the one thing that is most likely to put a strain on servers is presale tickets. As such, I'm betting that the upcoming tweet has something to do with a show or shows -- either Ed solo or full band -- that the 10C will hold presales for.

Personally, I'm hoping that PJ will NOT be in Southern California in July/early August, as I'll be trekking through South America at that time, and it would kill me to miss any SoCal PJ show.

On the other hand, late August or September SoCal PJ shows would be awesome! Or, even better, South American shows in July...it would be a dream to see PJ with a South American crowd. :)
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    = ????
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    They would also need to check the servers if they were to, say, release a new album a la In Rainbows. It could also explain why the birdy didn't tell everyone to get their 10C information updated.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    They would also need to check the servers if they were to, say, release a new album a la In Rainbows. It could also explain why the birdy didn't tell everyone to get their 10C information updated.

Dont think they have been together enough to have put a record together. That said, there have been NO B-SIDES to have leaked and they supposedly had two records worth of songs done for Avocado. I think there isnt a snowballs chance in HELL of this happening, but you can always dream! I hope I am wrong....;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i hope its some info on a new album. i can actually do without a tour this summer. but would go to a few shows for sure.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    New albums news? Distantly possible. A new album being distributed online in the very near future? Not a chance in hell.

And, even if that was the case, it wouldn't fit into my theory. Even with In-Rainbows, the album was "sold" online to as many people who wanted it over the period of a few weeks. There was no strain on the server, because people could log on any time they wanted and "buy" the album. I couldn't imagine anybody -- Pearl Jam or otherwise -- would release a new album and restrict its sale to only a limited amount of people. That would be idiotic.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I believe in you, Walkunafraid
  • Options
    Nobody said anything about restricting the sale to a limited amount of people, walkunafraid. Radiohead's website DEFINITELY got some traffic on the release day. With the amount of hype that surrounded it, for someone to think that everything went okay and there was no traffic would be idiotic.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options

maybe this time around it's not going to be like it has in the past. maybe they are going to announce some sort of tour and give us some time to prepare for said tour. and not do the we're pleased to announce a tour, and the pre-sale starts in five minutes.
    :)
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    As long as PJ doesn't come to Pittsburgh the week of June 7th-15th it will be ok. I am going to the beach and already have to miss Bonaroo...not to mention Tom Petty in Pittsburgh....SO PLEASE DON'T COME TO PITT THAT WEEK!!!!
    "Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision."-EV

9/28/05-PNC
    5/30/06-DC
    6/23/06-Pittsburgh
  • Options
    CanadianEHCanadianEH Posts: 134
    Would server overload with a Pearl Jam tour be an issue? Ticket location is based on seniority, and very rarely do they ever "run out" of fan club seats.
    Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
    Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
    Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
    Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
    Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020

Of course, the one thing that is most likely to put a strain on servers is presale tickets. As such, I'm betting that the upcoming tweet has something to do with a show or shows -- either Ed solo or full band -- that the 10C will hold presales for.

Don't get your hopes up bro! Tweets are always long on hype and short on any useful substance. It'll be a single warm-up show for Bonoroo. Nothing more.

Kat & Sea are nothing more than a couple of cheap marketing fucks.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    maybe this time around it's not going to be like it has in the past. maybe they are going to announce some sort of tour and give us some time to prepare for said tour. and not do the we're pleased to announce a tour, and the pre-sale starts in five minutes.
    :)

Ha! I think your expectations of 10C aren't exactly in sync with reality. They get off on pulling that sort of stunt.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    Dont think they have been together enough to have put a record together. That said, there have been NO B-SIDES to have leaked and they supposedly had two records worth of songs done for Avocado. I think there isnt a snowballs chance in HELL of this happening, but you can always dream! I hope I am wrong....;)

Reading your post got me really excited. I started a thread asking why no B-sides from the Avocado sessions were released two years after the album. I think releasing some B-sides should definitely not be a problem from a technical standpoint. So while I think it might be something tour-related, I'm definitely hoping it involves some previously unreleased material (no new album though, there would be some rumors first about them being in the studio)
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Have PJ ever toured without a new album? I think this tweet is about that new album to be followed by a late summer/early fall tour!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    Washed wrote:
    Have PJ ever toured without a new album? I think this tweet is about that new album to be followed by a late summer/early fall tour!

Canada/05 tour was the last time,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    i hope they announce everything at once ,new album sold thru 10c,new tour tickets to go on sale at once,poster's for the upcoming tour to be sold immmediatly ,and 10c members allowed to buy unlimmited tickets to as many shows as possible ,that would make for a fun week :D.....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    i hope they announce everything at once ,new album sold thru 10c,new tour tickets to go on sale at once,poster's for the upcoming tour to be sold immmediatly ,and 10c members allowed to buy unlimmited tickets to as many shows as possible ,that would make for a fun week :D.....

And while they're at it: world peace ;)
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    1 + 1 = 3

Done.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    And while they're at it: world peace ;)

oh yeah i forgot about that & that they will only take the euro for any upcoming purchases :D.....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    oh yeah i forgot about that & that they will only take the euro for any upcoming purchases :D.....

Yeah, rock band's concerns over deflation of currencies is so overlooked these days ;)
  • Options
    They can tour the South without a new album. They did no shows past DC on the US tour.