Options

lost dogs trailer question

DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
edited February 2008 in The Porch
in the lost dogs trailer (beautiful by the way) there's a clip of a performance with fire in the backround. where and when was it and if it's on youtube please post a link thank you
it's 33 seconds in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t93vNmZzpyk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Dillsnufus wrote:
    in the lost dogs trailer (beautiful by the way) there's a clip of a performance with fire in the backround. where and when was it and if it's on youtube please post a link thank you
    it's 33 seconds in

dont think i've ever seen this trailer b4.

anyway, not sure what performance that is. but i'd be willing to bet that its from the Vs. era.

hope this helps.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    LAMLAM Posts: 30
    Dillsnufus wrote:
    it's 33 seconds in

fire was not in the background.... it was on the mic stand.....

11/07/93 - Mesa Amphitheater: Mesa, AZ
    attendance: 5,000
    support act: Mohican singer-songwriter, Bill Miller and Butthole Surfers
    set: Release, Why Go, Jeremy, Go, Animal, Better Man, Alive, Glorified G, Daughter, State of Love and Trust, Even Flow, Black, Blood, Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Porch
    enc 1: Rats, Sonic Reducer, Footsteps
    enc 2: Leash, Indifference
    notes: Ed tells the crowd that after visiting the mountain with some of the Native Americans who held the land sacred, the band had decided to donate ALL of the proceeds from the shows to benefit their cause. 'Footsteps' is played by request (someone holds up a sign); Ed is angered by someone crowdsurfing. Before 'Leash,' the audience tosses a University of Arizona sweatshirt onstage which Ed drapes over a mic stand and burns, being displeased with the university because they were trying to develop an otherwise pristine piece of land holding significant historical worth to the Apaches.
    About Mount Graham: Mount Graham is the most sacred mountain to the traditional San Carlos Apache people and home to many plants and animals that don't exist elsewhere. The Mount Graham Coalition is an international group (associated with Earth First!) working to protect the mountain from development of an astronomical complex of observatories that was then under construction by the University of Arizona. The University and the Vatican want to put an observatory on Mt. Graham for the purpose of searching for alien life. The mountain is sacred to the tribe(s) in the area. When the rest of the world was expecting Pearl Jam to focus on a world tour in support of Vs., the band took time out to play two benefit shows for this cause. Late, they wrote a letter to President Clinton expressing their support for the Coalition.
  • Options
    SeaTut73SeaTut73 Posts: 458
    11/07/93 - Mesa Amphitheater: Mesa, AZ
    attendance: 5,000
    support act: Mohican singer-songwriter, Bill Miller and Butthole Surfers
    set: Release, Why Go, Jeremy, Go, Animal, Better Man, Alive, Glorified G, Daughter, State of Love and Trust, Even Flow, Black, Blood, Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Porch
    enc 1: Rats, Sonic Reducer, Footsteps
    enc 2: Leash, Indifference

notes: Ed tells the crowd that after visiting the mountain with some of the Native Americans who held the land sacred, the band had decided to donate ALL of the proceeds from the shows to benefit their cause. 'Footsteps' is played by request (someone holds up a sign); Ed is angered by someone crowdsurfing. Before 'Leash,' the audience tosses a University of Arizona sweatshirt onstage which Ed drapes over a mic stand and burns, being displeased with the university because they were trying to develop an otherwise pristine piece of land holding significant historical worth to the Apaches.
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • Options
    SeaTut73SeaTut73 Posts: 458
    guess someone beat me to the punch...
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    is there any full footage of this show?
  • Options
    I was driving by the Mesa Amp the other day and I stopped cuz the doors were open. I went in and looked around and stood on the stage and wished I could have seen both of these shows. I even sang some Even Flow. Its a great venue too, probably my favorite in Arizona.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    LAMLAM Posts: 30
    Dillsnufus wrote:
    is there any full footage of this show?

no full show.
  • Options
    jdwyer02jdwyer02 Posts: 110
    Sounds like a great show. Wish I could have seen them back then.

And that trailer was great!!
    "Many people don't know what their life is worth. I do....70 Grand!"