Options

Do you think there will be boots/dvd/cd released from EV's solo tour?

OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I am super excited. I totally respect the no video policy for the shows, but at the same time I would love to be able to revisit this show as I have so many pearl jam shows I've been to.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i sure hope so....i think a box set of all the shows would be cool.....:)
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,821
    I would hope for maybe a boot from at least one show. or MAYBE a DVD like touring band 2000 with songs from a few different shows. that would be fantastic
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    pjpitt89 wrote:
    I would hope for maybe a boot from at least one show. or MAYBE a DVD like touring band 2000 with songs from a few different shows. that would be fantastic

Could have said it better. I think since they are being so strict about cameras and recording they have something in store, or else just being asses.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    i'm surprised more people don't have a theory/opinion on this....
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    OneLove wrote:
    i'm surprised more people don't have a theory/opinion on this....

I think the general opinion around here is obvious, we all want bootlegs of the shows to be released.
  • Options
    I think the general opinion around here is obvious, we all want bootlegs of the shows to be released.

Fair enough. :)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    we might hope for them...but we wanted them in 07 too and that never happened!
    frankly, the new policy (which is heavily enforced since they forced the withdrawal of the 1 video that came out) doesn't to me point to an official release but to a complete ban.

which sucks and on the back of the non-US/Canada 10c ticket purchase ban for the Ed shows really grates!

I hope I'm wrong, but I wasn't when I got worried about the lack of response on 07 boots and everyone else was saying 'of course they'll release boots', up to a few days before the tour..
  • Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    I don't think we'll see boots for Ed's tour. I think we would have heard about it by now. Maybe a DVD down the road.

As for the PJ shows? Again, the lack of news about boots does not bode well.

I think we're stuck with audience recordings for the foreseeable future.

:(
    d'oh
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    There are no words to describe how much I would love an Eddie release. I am more interested in solo acoustic versions of songs than I am of another live version of Gone or World Wide Suicide.
  • Options
    ringo wrote:
    I don't think we'll see boots for Ed's tour. I think we would have heard about it by now. Maybe a DVD down the road.

assuming they don't turn around and change the policy for those too :(
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    assuming they don't turn around and change the policy for those too :(

Policy or not, there will be recordings unless they start strip searching. And knowing PJ fans strip searches wouldn't stop audience boots. Cavity searches on the other hand..... :eek:
    d'oh
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    I'd be shocked.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    ... I am more interested in solo acoustic versions of songs than I am of another live version of Gone or World Wide Suicide.

Agreed.

I'd love to have a compilation DVD from this tour, hope it's in the works.
  • Options
    ringo wrote:
    Policy or not, there will be recordings unless they start strip searching. And knowing PJ fans strip searches wouldn't stop audience boots. Cavity searches on the other hand..... :eek:
    well, there might be recordings..but if they really try to stop them, it's going to be a lot harder, meaning less choice.

and if they pull take-down notices on the websites distributing them, then it's going to be a lot harder for us to get hold of them :(
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    well, there might be recordings..but if they really try to stop them, it's going to be a lot harder, meaning less choice.

and if they pull take-down notices on the websites distributing them, then it's going to be a lot harder for us to get hold of them :(

I don't see that happening. The masses will be able to these shows. The only question is quality.

Personally, I don't see why every show by every artist is not release "officially" in some form.
    d'oh
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Sure their will be a Bootleg. Just give it time.
    Hope hope hope.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    A West Coast '08 Ed Compilation DVD would be .. SWEET! :)
  • Options
    There are no words to describe how much I would love an Eddie release. I am more interested in solo acoustic versions of songs than I am of another live version of Gone or World Wide Suicide.

Me too. This is special. And really f'n cool.

It took alot to inspire me to fly cross country by myself. I don't do that kind of thing. However, I will not miss EV acoustic. I'd have flown to japan if I had to.

I can't believe I"m going to be there! :)

I love the band stuff too. This is just a unique opportunity.
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,089
    ringo wrote:

I agree. I'm sure in the Ken Wilber(?) inteview Stone mentioned something about the band being more selective about what they put out as opposed to releasing every concert (someone correct me if I imagined that :o )

If thats true it'll be such a shame...bootlegs are the best 'souvenir' from a show that you've been too...and we've been spoilt with these official recordings. I really hope i'm wrong though...
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    I think, so far there have been 3 (2 unofficial and 1 official) shows, and it has been a pretty similar setlist at each show. With that said, I cannot see there being much of a "collectible" element if all of the shows have a similar setlist, except to people in attendance- which limits the potential sales significantly considering the venues are typically around 2,000 capacity. So I think we may see a Live On Two Legs type compilation, if anything.

PLEASE RELEASE BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!